You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
NovaXQ

Figure Something Out With Torpedoes

21 comments in this topic

Members
6 posts

This is ridiculous. I've been playing this game all week and 8/10 times I die from torpedoes instead of any other source and it's pretty frustrating. It actually makes the game boring. Before I started getting to the point to where I even encountered torps at all, the game was real big fun. Now it's just annoying and I find myself constantly wishing the game went in a different direction with that specific mechanic. I thought maybe because I'm still in tier 4-5 that it would just be this mid-tier where it's used most, but is it? Does it get any better later or is this going to get worse? I'll stop playing now if that's the case, and so will the other three friends that play this game. 

[A-D]
Beta Testers, Alpha Tester
2,638 posts

What type of torpedoes are killing you?

If they're ship launched... those can have a minute+ lead time. Change direction and speed often. Point yourself towards or away from any torp carrying ship that's been spotted. If they go broadside, beware, but don't expect visual cues-- just change direction and speed often.

If they're air dropped, hang out around AA cover. Move as a fleet so ships have overlapping fields of AA fire. Evasive maneuvers will buy time to let the AA do its job, and the Barrage ability can shield you from drops for a time.

[MISER]
Beta Testers
53 posts
9,428 battles

NovaXQ

User has fought no battles.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
17,510 posts

see that big man standing over there in the shadow

he's a DD

if you know he's there - you know he has thrown some nice slow torpedoes in your direction

now if you keep sailing straight ahead ignoring Mr DD

those torpedoes will most probably sink you

Alpha Tester
2,410 posts
2,897 battles

NovaXQ

Stone cold Busted

Beta Testers
108 posts
792 battles

Dodging torps is easy in DD if you pay attention same pretty much goes for CA, BB can dodge but a little harder do to but possible if you pay attention to what around you..

[TCC]
Alpha Tester
111 posts
7,431 battles

Fine , however the prior advice stands , tac and change course , it worked in convoy work , and to a lesser degree it works here. As well keep your head on a swivel, don't get tunnel vision.

Members
16 posts
18,857 battles

Why does the game have to be easy? So far I'm havin a blast and yes i get wasted alot by torps but I am learning from my screw ups and getting better my advice to you is learn the game and stop whining

Beta Testers
22 posts
1,137 battles

I love DD's and I can tell you that people dodge torps all the time.. If you let a DD with-in 2 K of you, your done, we can kill you most every time.. But out side of that 2 K you can dodge if your watching.  I love my Mini I launch Torps from 8 K's out.  Keeps me out of diection range and the torps go free.. So if you watching it's over a 1 minute or so before it hits.

[KMS2]
Members
10,919 posts
4,863 battles

And you're posting this on the NA forums. If you're name is the same on EU, you've never died from torpedoes once. Or you've made a new account on NA because you're too afraid of people checking to see if you're lying.

Members
94 posts
163 battles

NovaXQ

People do realize that the Players section isn't fully working properly yet... right?

Members
6 posts

And you're posting this on the NA forums. If you're name is the same on EU, you've never died from torpedoes once. Or you've made a new account on NA because you're too afraid of people checking to see if you're lying.

Awwwww dude, really. Are you gonna be that ignorant right now? Yeah man, you got me. You're right. I'm talking about a game I've not played and complaining about it for no reason. Like what [edited]planet are you from? 

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
890 posts
2,056 battles

EU account has 30 games -   Although I predict he'll dodge that as well and say "different name" on that server.

1 NovaXQ 30 12

Edited by Kaeldian

[KMS2]
Members
10,919 posts
4,863 battles

Awwwww dude, really. Are you gonna be that ignorant right now? Yeah man, you got me. You're right. I'm talking about a game I've not played and complaining about it for no reason. Like what [edited]planet are you from? 

Where did I say anything you mentioned? I think you mean this guy.

NovaXQ

Beta Testers
1,620 posts
1,238 battles

The moment you see a DD or CL/CA with torps that can reach you, you should cut speed a bit and change direction. For TBs sail towards TBs and if it is a multiple angle drop...well good luck. I still haven't found a way to dodge multiple angle dropped torps.

Edited by Killer1941

Beta Testers
782 posts
388 battles

Yes, you have 30 games not zero.  Learn to play then complain.

iGZLOWW.jpg

And here is your problem:

AUULDJU.jpg

Out of those 30 games you survived 4 games.  You can't damage the enemy if you are dead.

Yes, I know.  It is easier on your fragile psyche to just say it is because of torpedoes that you have only survived 4 out of 30 games and can't do your own health in damage or at least take out one ship per match.  Not too much to ask that you learn to do that before you blame torpedoes.

• Cool 1

Members
2,829 posts
6,653 battles

The moment you see a DD or CL/CA with torps that can reach you, you should cut speed a bit and change direction. For TBs sail towards TBs and if it is a multiple angle drop...well good luck. I still haven't found a way to dodge multiple angle dropped torps.

There is a weird way to do it, and that is to get the torpedo bombers to drop them one squadron at a time instead of a simultaneous drop.  You do this by basically forcing one of the TB squadrons to change position to stay ahead of you.  It's dodgeable in a cruiser or DD when done like that, but I wouldn't bet on a BB manuevering through them.

Beta Testers
225 posts
757 battles

Then you can go talk about balls over at the EU forums. We don't want you here.
  • Cool 2