Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Red_Raven_168

In Case People Missed It - another Developer Leak about BBs having Torpedoes

44 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
17,510 posts

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/37763-famitsu-interview-with-wows-director-ivan-moroz/

Don't have time to translate everything now but some interesting bulletpoints.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201507/09082751.html

- Subs are not totally ruled out.  They first want to split things like CL/CA, and torpedo equipped Battleships into separate classes.  Subs are part of the big picture of that class realignment

The first leak was from an EU thread taking notes about a Russian video about the new premium ships including the Mikasa

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/17669-new-ships-in-wows-diana-marblehead-tachibana-and-mikasa/#topmost

Only the battleship Mikasa has been described in more detail. Mikasa will be the first battleship at tier 2 in the game and her attributes will be:

• strong main calibre guns
  • high firing accuracy
  • well protected
  • preferred MM
  • 4 torpedo tubes (not mentioned in the video)

[GOAT]
Beta Testers
1,523 posts
7,150 battles

Interesting... Though I must add I would find it annoying if they are just going to arbitrarily decide which BB gets its torpedoes.

Members
3,067 posts
2,554 battles

If the ship had them IRL, then i'm fine with them having them in the game.  

It would certainly make other ships think twice about cozying up to a battleship that has torpedo tubes. Secondaries may not one-hit them, but a torpedo at such close range has potential to sink them.

Alpha Tester
17,510 posts

If the ship had them IRL, then i'm fine with them having them in the game.  

the quote with the blue line

encompasses two different concepts that have been blood feuds on this forum since alpha (heck even before alpha)

and a developer leak re-confirming they are coming

its gonna be like Terminator + Terminator 2 + Terminator 3 + Son of Terminator + Terminator Returns +++ all in one single movie theater

Freddy Krueger eat your heart out

[-B-Z-]
Alpha Tester
715 posts
4,225 battles

Funny... the year of the Arkansas model they used for the Beta reward also in reality had torpedo tubes yet they excluded them.

Beta Testers
475 posts
5,244 battles

As far as I'm aware, it's not uncommon for battleships of the era to have submerged or above-water torpedo tubes, but they were left out for gameplay reasons.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
703 posts
345 battles

The first leak was from an EU thread taking notes about a Russian video about the new premium ships including the Mikasa

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/17669-new-ships-in-wows-diana-marblehead-tachibana-and-mikasa/#topmost

The Mikasa will not have torpedoes. That guy essentially looked at the ship's Wikipedia page and assumed it would have torpedoes in-game.

4,441 posts
509 battles

The Mikasa will not have torpedoes. That guy essentially looked at the ship's Wikipedia page and assumed it would have torpedoes in-game.

Don't have time to translate everything now but some interesting bulletpoints.

http://www.famitsu.c...7/09082751.html

- Subs are not totally ruled out.  They first want to split things like CL/CA, and torpedo equipped Battleships into separate classes.  Subs are part of the big picture of that class realignment

:P

703 posts
345 battles

*Stuff and stupid smiley*

And this confirms what exactly? The devs have stated that the Mikasa will not have torpedoes. It's not up for debate.

Edited by Maus123

[CVLOV]
Beta Testers
3,640 posts
2,638 battles

LOL SUBS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The tier I-II-III are going to be awful to play. those 15kt surface, 6kt submerged ... yeah.

Not to mention early subs had like 2 forward tubes with like 10 torps.

The Type VII, Balao, Gato, Type XI will be awesome to play.  I seem to remember the German T21 had something like 20kt submerged speed ? obviously that would be Tier 10 but w/e.

Personally I'm more interested as to what they really do with the Mikasa.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,180 posts
7,853 battles

Lol SUBS YESSSSSSSSSSS. Adding depth charges and subs to the game would add more 'depth' (see the pun I did there? *grin*). Submarines of the era were only able to stay submerged for short periods and were really slow (slower below water than on the surface in most cases). People seem to think that submarines would break the game. But with carriers and cruisers/destroyers submarines would really be reigned in. If anything the big problem might be that submarines aren't that fun to play (given the current game meta). As the meta stands now destroyers are essentially submarines (with their smoke). Big difference is you at least know where the smoke cloud is. But many higher tier ships have options for sonar (I know the Aoba has it) which would be a hard counter to submarines.

Beta Testers
955 posts
561 battles

The tier I-II-III are going to be awful to play. those 15kt surface, 6kt submerged ... yeah.

Not to mention early subs had like 2 forward tubes with like 10 torps.

The Type VII, Balao, Gato, Type XI will be awesome to play.  I seem to remember the German T21 had something like 20kt submerged speed ? obviously that would be Tier 10 but w/e.

Personally I'm more interested as to what they really do with the Mikasa.

Umm, what about i-401?

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
177 posts
10,923 battles

wait submarines?  I hope it's not joke right now :amazed:

[CVLOV]
Beta Testers
3,640 posts
2,638 battles

Umm, what about i-401?

I'll be honest the history lesson I got about army stuff from my Dad (good with history of Pacific WW2, Korea and Nam) and from my Grandfather (Germany WW2 as an artillery captain) did not feature many lessons about IJN submarines, so I didn't venture into unknown territory.  If someone wants to fill the gap, go ahead.  Not leaving out your favorite subs out of spite.

Beta Testers
955 posts
561 battles

I'll be honest the history lesson I got about army stuff from my Dad (good with history of Pacific WW2, Korea and Nam) and from my Grandfather (Germany WW2 as an artillery captain) did not feature many lessons about IJN submarines, so I didn't venture into unknown territory.  If someone wants to fill the gap, go ahead.  Not leaving out your favorite subs out of spite.

To be briefly, I-401 is a sub with Type-93 Torp and BOMBERS.
Edited by Memono

Beta Testers
955 posts
561 battles

Italian batlteships probably will have them.

In fact, lots of IJN BB have it, like Fuso, Musashi, Nagato, etc.

Members
3,067 posts
2,554 battles

To be briefly, I-401 is a sub with Type-93 Torp and DIVE BOMBERS.

Dive? Aren't they just regular bomber floatplanes?

Beta Testers
1,400 posts
262 battles

The I-400 series of submarines were Aircraft Carrying Submarines originally built for Strategic Bombing. Intended for launching attacks on targets like the Panama Canal. Each carried 3 Aichi A6M1 Seiran Floatplane Dive/Torpedo Bombers (depending on mission). 8 forward 533mm torpedo types for firing the Type 95 torpedo, the advancement of the Type 93 Long Lance.

They never got to see action, by the time they were to go on their mission to go after the Panama Canal the mission got canceled for targeting one of the USN bases launching B-29 bombing runs on mainland Japan, before they could even carry out that mission it got cancelled because the Japanese surrendered following the atomic bombings. So they dumped the planes in the ocean and destroyed the torpedos.

Edited by TankHunter678

Sign in to follow this