Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
scruffycavetroll

Gold Ammo / non gold alternative?

21 comments in this topic

[BHSN]
Members
2,564 posts
4,522 battles

I'll preface by saying this is the only Wargaming title I play. I've not tried WoT, or Warplanes, honestly, I don't intend to either. I prefer the other game, WT, both games have some great positives, and both have glaring negatives.

I am enjoying Warships thusfar and look forward to the german ships being introduced. However, I know this game has gold ammo in tanks, I'm sure it is in planes, and can see a spot for it, if it's not there already here in warships...or will be shortly in the next patch or two.

My question is, is there ammo that can be bought with normal in game currency that is equivalent to gold ammo in penetration / damage? If not, I really think that there should be something like that. 

Edited by scruffycavetroll

Beta Testers
840 posts
595 battles

There is not.

Only 2 kinds of artillery ammo exist: HE & AP. 

We don't need gold ammo here.

Edited by TheGhostCat
  • Cool 1

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
3,176 posts
7,789 battles

I actually feel less stressed knowing that there is no gold ammo right now. I would like to keep it that way, but it'll probably happen eventually.

• Cool 4

Beta Testers
840 posts
595 battles

I actually feel less stressed knowing that there is no gold ammo right now. I would like to keep it that way, but it'll probably happen eventually.

I don't see the need for it in this game. And I'm not sure how it would be balance since you don't pay per shot fired.

[DERE]
Beta Testers
539 posts
983 battles

Be careful what you ask for. Do you really want CV's with gold ammo (torps/bombs)? Or DD's with gold torps? Gold AA shells?

Too much to keep track of.

Beta Testers
824 posts
2,509 battles

Oh God please NO! I hope they DONT offer gold/premium ammo. The current in game ammo works fine now as is. If it isn't broke, dont fix it. Premium ammo does more to ruin the game and divide the community than ANY benefits it provides. Please don't add premium ammo.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
653 posts

They already have gold consumables. They don't need gold ammo. Just no, dammit. If they put in gold ammo, I'll be done with the game. Gold ammo, and their need to balance everything around it, is what finally drove me from WoT. It's a purely awful pay-to-win mechanic.

War Thunder does perfectly well without a pay-to-win ammunition class as does Armored Warfare. Wargaming should take it out of their games and rebalance the guns to make up for its removal. I bet a lot of people who left WoT in disgust would give it another shot (*cough* me *cough*).

Edited by Captain_Hindgrinder
  • Cool 1

[BHSN]
Members
2,564 posts
4,522 battles

Be careful what you ask for. Do you really want CV's with gold ammo (torps/bombs)? Or DD's with gold torps? Gold AA shells?

Too much to keep track of.

NO I DON'T...i even said in the survey they sent, that I do NOT want gold ammo to make an appearance. I am totally happy with how the game is now. :D playing this has me excited to see how War Thunder handles their Navy if they ever get around to it. I really like how Warships handled things. 

I'm new to Wargaming games, and I am jumping to a conclusion here based on WoT, so that is my 'fault' if you want to call it that. I like how things are right now.

Edited by scruffycavetroll

Beta Testers
87 posts
880 battles

No, just no

Besides they would have to add an ammo limit system to keep track of how much gold you would spend on it and I'm sorry but ammo limitations in this game would just suck

Banned
3,836 posts

I'll preface by saying this is the only Wargaming title I play. I've not tried WoT, or Warplanes, honestly, I don't intend to either. I prefer the other game, WT, both games have some great positives, and both have glaring negatives.

I am enjoying Warships thusfar and look forward to the german ships being introduced. However, I know this game has gold ammo in tanks, I'm sure it is in planes, and can see a spot for it, if it's not there already here in warships...or will be shortly in the next patch or two.

My question is, is there ammo that can be bought with normal in game currency that is equivalent to gold ammo in penetration / damage? If not, I really think that there should be something like that. 

​nonononoononononononononononononono​nonononoononononononononononononono​nonononoononononononononononononono​nonononoononononononononononononono​nonononoononononononononononononono​nonononoononononononononononononono​nonononoononononononononononononono​nonononoononononononononononononono​nonononoononononononononononononono​nonononoononononononononononononono​nonononoonononononononononononononononononoononononononononononononono

thats pay to win

so nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

also, increased pen? would just make u overpen more. [edited]on forums about "gold ammo not doing dmg. needs buff"  and woudl result in WoT dmg system where......well yeah.....

NO

JUST FKIN NO

so many people crying about HE and fires atm.

and before that it was crying about AP and citadel hits

gold rounds would just make both worse.

and gold torpedos?!

NO

[AARG]
Beta Testers
533 posts
10,229 battles

It appears the the economy in WoWs is quite a bit tougher compared to WoT,  I'll accept that if it means keeping gold ammo out of this game. 

Alpha Tester
119 posts
1,622 battles

I believe they have already come to the conclusion that you will not need to stock ammo for reasons I do not remember, probably because it would be too complicated, plus ships carry a lot of ammo anyways. Not so much because people don't want it, more because it would be really, really difficult to implement. For the Iowa for example, I am pretty sure the ammo it had was AP, HE and the ever underpowered Nuke. Yes, a nuclear warhead. Do you really want ships shooting nukes at other ships.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
890 posts
2,056 battles

SSSSSHHHHHH,  DON'T GIVE THEM ANY IDEAS

*shoots the thread, burns the body.....*

Post?  what post about gold ammo

Edited by Kaeldian

[O7]
Beta Testers
1,804 posts
12,327 battles

I quit playing WoT because of gold ammo.  It completely eliminates the need for armor, since you can't really bounce it.  If they introduce it here, imagine all the 20km one-salvo kills there will be from multiple citadel hits.  US BBs would go extinct.

[R0FL]
Beta Testers
1,286 posts
4,086 battles

They are making enough money with the premium accounts that many folks run with already.   If they were to add in gold ammo, at the rate some of these ships use ammo, they'd probably see a drop in their income as they'd drive off many folks who aren't willing to shell out that much cash.  With gold ammo, the game would become legitimately pay to win, and a lot of us refuse to partake in any kind of game like that.    I pay them for premium time at the moment, and I buy enough gold to get every premium ship as well as have over 50 port slots as I refuse to sell ships.  That's enough money from me for them.  They don't need me to be PAYING for each and every shell I shoot in the game as well.

Members
28 posts
2,477 battles

You don't necessarily need to keep track of ammo to have gold. You can buy premium consumables already, damage control or smoke screens or the like, it just reduces the cooldown but they're on a per game basis. The same thing could work for premium ammo. I just don't know what you'd use for premium ammo. It's not like tank ammo where there's a thousand different kinds of shells, ships used HE and AP and that's it right? If you start reducing dispersion you get into the straight and unambiguous P2W land.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,189 posts
15,767 battles

I don't see the need for it in this game. And I'm not sure how it would be balance since you don't pay per shot fired.

Premium ammo is not necessary, ships didn't carry a wide range of ammunition, but if it was instituted the method that WoWP uses would also work here.

They already have gold consumables. They don't need gold ammo. Just no, dammit. If they put in gold ammo, I'll be done with the game. Gold ammo, and their need to balance everything around it, is what finally drove me from WoT. It's a purely awful pay-to-win mechanic.

War Thunder does perfectly well without a pay-to-win ammunition class as does Armored Warfare. Wargaming should take it out of their games and rebalance the guns to make up for its removal. I bet a lot of people who left WoT in disgust would give it another shot (*cough* me *cough*).

Some of their gold class ammo costs so much that buying Silver Lions with Gold Eagles becomes a necessity for all but the very top players.
Edited by BrushWolf

Beta Testers
70 posts
6,972 battles

definitely NO gold ammo. 2 reasons historically there was only AP and HE and Gold ammo can kill the fun. Composite ammo depends on stuff like ceramics and depleted uranium not available during the games historical setting. I play WoT and these days whether I play LT, Med, or Heavy I am being killed with one shot while I shoot AP with penetration or HE and it takes several to get a kill I am being killed by LT tanks with one shot while my Heavy with a 75 mm takes several shots unless I hit just right so this just kills the fun factor. lets not have that in WoWs PLEASE.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,719 posts

but it makes a nice comeback when someone accuses you of using an aim hack

"testing experimental premium ammo"

lmboI think I might just do that 

Beta Testers
527 posts
11,385 battles

I think they learned from the experience with it in World of Tanks to not have that option here.

Sign in to follow this