Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
carbuilder

The Fuso

20 comments in this topic

[PFBS]
[PFBS]
Beta Testers
18 posts
15,857 battles

What have you done to this wonderful ship Wargaming.  The stock fuso has next to 0 aa and worst of all a 13 km range!  That's right folks 13 whole km.  You will be facing off with cruisers that can out range you carriers that can torp you without reprocussion for the first 18,000 experience.   What kind of logic is this?  You make way UP a line and once you go from teir 5 to 6 you actually take a very very large step back.  I mean come on last night I faced a Iowa with 13km range along with a fully upgraded teir 8 IJN destroyer that could shoot torpedoes further then i can shoot.  I dont expect it to have the super long range of the upgraded kongo but 13km seriously.  Get your heads out of your back ends and stop doing everything in your power to drive this game into failure before you get it started up well.  

Beta Testers
2,420 posts
1,809 battles

Fully upgraded, I believe it is the same as before. They added a new stock version

[SWFSH]
[SWFSH]
Volunteer Moderator
2,629 posts
7,415 battles

Probably to prevent it from being one of the best, if not the best, battleships for it's tier.  Fusou and Kongou are amazing for their tiers.

Beta Testers
11 posts
57 battles

If it can hit stationary targets, then at least its better than the Myogi.

Beta Testers
644 posts

Probably to prevent it from being one of the best, if not the best, battleships for it's tier.  Fusou and Kongou are amazing for their tiers.

Eh... I prefer the New Mexico over the Fuso myself. There are no losers in that tier though.

Beta Testers
834 posts
12,097 battles

What have you done to this wonderful ship Wargaming.  The stock fuso has next to 0 aa and worst of all a 13 km range!  That's right folks 13 whole km.  You will be facing off with cruisers that can out range you carriers that can torp you without reprocussion for the first 18,000 experience.   What kind of logic is this?  You make way UP a line and once you go from teir 5 to 6 you actually take a very very large step back.  I mean come on last night I faced a Iowa with 13km range along with a fully upgraded teir 8 IJN destroyer that could shoot torpedoes further then i can shoot.  I dont expect it to have the super long range of the upgraded kongo but 13km seriously.  Get your heads out of your back ends and stop doing everything in your power to drive this game into failure before you get it started up well.  

The stock hull they added went too far. I can understand them wanting you to put in another hull and make you grind it out a bit before you get the full awesomeness of the Fuso but they went waaaayyy too far in my opinion. I played it in CBT and thought it might have been a tad OP but wow.....

This thing is a freaking brick before you upgrade it (I just upgraded it last night). 

Beta Testers
87 posts
880 battles

Was looking at the range upgrade last night for the Fuso as I just unlocked the ship...does it really only go from 13km to 14.5km once upgraded? Thing used to fire 20km+ in CBT...

[S_E_A]
Beta Testers
2,709 posts
4,563 battles

Was looking at the range upgrade last night for the Fuso as I just unlocked the ship...does it really only go from 13km to 14.5km once upgraded? Thing used to fire 20km+ in CBT...

Hull upgrade gives Fuso's original 20km range. FCS only gives like 10% range increase on any ship's base range. 

[PPNA1]
[PPNA1]
Beta Testers
2,229 posts
29,229 battles

They made stock hull  pretty bad, It is  not unlike Pensacola in that you got to save your free XP until you get to it just for the first hull upgrade (Incase of Pensacola, hull+gun upgrade).
Edited by Cpt_VictorHenry_USN

[QAPLA]
Beta Testers
1,186 posts
4,641 battles

I cannot wait for this monster...

It's so menacing once it's upgraded to it's WWII config.

It and Kongo were the two must haves for me in the Japanese line.

Members
328 posts

Mutsuki

Huh? Matsuki is awesome.

1) Has one of the highest AA ratings of the tier. The thing fully upgraded is literally a floating AA platform.

2) Terrible guns. Rusted to the deck. Ignore them, do not upgrade them.

3) Speedy, turns nicely, and has great torps with high damage.

Overall, I like it - a lot.. Not sure why the hate involved?

[CHASE]
Beta Testers
1,810 posts
6,062 battles

Huh? Matsuki is awesome.

1) Has one of the highest AA ratings of the tier. The thing fully upgraded is literally a floating AA platform.

2) Terrible guns. Rusted to the deck. Ignore them, do not upgrade them.

3) Speedy, turns nicely, and has great torps with high damage.

Overall, I like it - a lot.. Not sure why the hate involved?

Wut. Mutsuki has a pretty bad AA suite, and her stock torpedoes are within her detection range.

Beta Testers
527 posts
11,385 battles

If the new stock hull is giving you difficulty in randoms you can grind out to the next one in coop then jump back into the fray and see if there enough of an improvement to keep playing it in random.

Beta Testers
88 posts
1,093 battles

The facts on the water (we are not in the army here folks, so no ground in sight lol) really just say that when you get Fusou, you are just going to have to free XP past the first hull upgrade. I played Fusou in the public test with the hull and it was just ... painful. Out ranged by everything on the water I was down to half health before I ever got to within MAX range, let alone effective range. 

[BUN]
Beta Testers
1,915 posts
6,595 battles

Wut. Mutsuki has a pretty bad AA suite, and her stock torpedoes are within her detection range.

I love the Mutsuki. Hatsuharu is essentially a tier 7 Mutsuki with better guns. 

[PFBS]
[PFBS]
Beta Testers
18 posts
15,857 battles

If the new stock hull is giving you difficulty in randoms you can grind out to the next one in coop then jump back into the fray and see if there enough of an improvement to keep playing it in random.

+

see i tried that but killing 4 (bots are really bad they used to be awesome), doing almost 100k damage+a flag i got a nice whole 650 exp. I just dont have the money to buy gold for free exp.   Im not saying there shouldn't be a stock hull.  What I'm saying is the stock hull is way to underpowered in its current form.  The Kongo's stock hull has a 19km range! Thats right 19km stock and you can upgrade to 21.3 while still stock.  I would say common sense dictates the Fuso should have a stock range of just as far if not further then the Kongo but who are we kidding here, WG threw common sense out the window years ago.

Beta Testers
527 posts
11,385 battles

+

see i tried that but killing 4 (bots are really bad they used to be awesome), doing almost 100k damage+a flag i got a nice whole 650 exp. I just dont have the money to buy gold for free exp.   Im not saying there shouldn't be a stock hull.  What I'm saying is the stock hull is way to underpowered in its current form.  The Kongo's stock hull has a 19km range! Thats right 19km stock and you can upgrade to 21.3 while still stock.  I would say common sense dictates the Fuso should have a stock range of just as far if not further then the Kongo but who are we kidding here, WG threw common sense out the window years ago.

Yeah I'll admit it's not the most ideal way to grind at tier 6, but until WG addresses the severity of how under powered the stock hulls are it's probably the best way to better your survivability in randoms.
Edited by RoninMcGinnis

Beta Testers
67 posts
2,987 battles

This is disappointing news.  I had both Fuso before the wipe and I really liked the Fuso.   Maybe I'll take my time grinding through the Kongo  (I did not realise the stock Fuso was so bad until now).

:(  The Fuso was my main goal post wipe.

Sign in to follow this