You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RenamedUser_1014381829

BB are straight garbage.

45 comments in this topic

Banned
358 posts

I literally missed a ship that was STOPPED at 4k range with every Salvo out of 4.  They literally ALL MISSED.  I even shot them 1 by 1.  I was at a dead stop and so was he.  How the hell do you make such a crap class?  Seriously.  Who ever designed the BB should be [edited]ashamed.  

Pro's

They have the most hps in the game

Con's

DDTarget every time.

CV Target Every Time

Torp Sucking Magnet

Highly Inaccurate to the point it is laughable

Slow Fire Rate

Slow Turret Movement Rate

Slow Movement Rate

Worst Range in the game at lower levels minus DD.

[content moderated - inappropriate language]

~Pleuracanthus

• Cool 1

[JKSDF]
[JKSDF]
Members
1,603 posts
2,495 battles

I disagree with my Kongo.

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

Although i agree there are some things that are fundamentally broken with BBs (fire chance and bent barrels), it's definitely not to the extent you make it out to be.

• Cool 1

[AKN]
Beta Testers
229 posts
12,464 battles

Poor old BBs do need to have a big boost in accuracy and secondary gun accuracy (even more so those secondary guns which are just damn painful to watch second hand, what are they all stoned or smashed!), as whats the point of all those guns if they fire everywhere but where the enemy is....). If these two were improved I think BBs would become much more useful and fun to play without upsetting balance, as all the accuracy in the world means squat if im in my destroyer or cruiser, see the gun flash and just turn away.... but those people who just keep cruising in a straight line would be punished. Torpedos are not a problem from air or sea I find you turn in and most of them you dodge, even in that piece of trash the kami-kawachi-kaze!. Just my 2 cents worth but cruisers and dd are definantly the big dogs atm, with carriers and BBs more an after thought.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
435 posts

Guess no one remembers world of heavy tanks where high hitpoints, thick armor, and big guns could dominate regardless of skill.  WoT is different now, but WG probably trying to discourage players to much from a single tree at opening of game.  BB will get their day, just play cruisers as they are more fun

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,630 posts
5,107 battles

I literally missed a ship that was STOPPED at 4k range with every Salvo out of 4.  They literally ALL MISSED.  I even shot them 1 by 1.  I was at a dead stop and so was he.

Why on God's beautiful blue Earth were you stopped in the middle of a battle, WITH A BATTLESHIP?! I think I know why you're a torpedo magnet now. 

~Hunter

• Cool 3

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

Play more cruisers.  HE fire more.  Seriously.  It's easier, and more likely to help you build credits if you're having trouble playing a BB.

BBs and BCs require a lot of patience and trial-and-error.  Between the USN and IJN, the IJN ones are more forgiving, having better accuracy on average (Kawachi and sometimes Fuso an exception) and further range.  USN BBs don't forgive as easily, and will punish the players who aren't already used to BB playing.

Do they need a buff?  Most definitely.  I'm in the camp that wants more accurate secondaries and secondaries having almost the same range as their cruiser counterparts.  That would alone make BBs better able to defend itself from at least DDs and CAs/CLs between main cannon rounds.  I'm also in the camp that says cruisers should get pitiful accuracy in exchange for their high RoF, with BBs getting better accuracy in exchange for their low RoF, for game balance reasons (at least until they tone down Fire damage).

• Cool 3

[CVRME]
[CVRME]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,942 posts
10,652 battles

Would you give this a rest?  You act like you're a fantastic BB player and shout down anything regarding complaints about BB stuff.  Well guess what?  I still have the same complaints and I do significantly better than you, across the board and especially with BBs.  Your "L2P" argument is seriously getting old.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
345 posts
4,996 battles

Would you give this a rest?  You act like you're a fantastic BB player and shout down anything regarding complaints about BB stuff.  Well guess what?  I still have the same complaints and I do significantly better than you, across the board and especially with BBs.  Your "L2P" argument is seriously getting old.

You see I acknowledge myself as a fairly competent BB player and player in general, not a pro, the difference between me and you regarding those things is I recognize that I can constantly improve and make the game work for me whereas you come to the forums and whine because you're not good enough. Meanwhile you're rocking a less than 40% winrate on a pay to win ship so good job on that one, dont talk to me about stats

Beta Testers
214 posts
6,215 battles

I don't think BB play is as atrocious as these hyperbolic posts are claiming. BBs are serviceable, and in the right hands they can do better than expected. In my Wyoming, I managed to sink a Destroyer. It took a few hits to do but with some patience, leading, and luck, I was able to do it.

I would welcome any improvement to the BB classes but I have to wonder if they are the way they are now because any improvement would make them suddenly overpowered. If accuracy increased, would anyone with a sense of leading be able to kill any ship in the game within one barrage of the main guns?

While I do question the accuracy of the main batteries in proportion to the 30 seconds sunk into reloading them, I do have to wonder if things are the way they are because BBs are closer to being overpowered than anyone thinks.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
345 posts
4,996 battles

what mod is used on the mini map, could be great help on leading target

it's just the transparent map mod, it breaks easily on patches though so be warned about becoming reliant on it

[CVRME]
[CVRME]
2,942 posts
10,652 battles

You see I acknowledge myself as a fairly competent BB player and player in general, not a pro, the difference between me and you regarding those things is I recognize that I can constantly improve and make the game work for me whereas you come to the forums and whine because you're not good enough. Meanwhile you're rocking a less than 40% winrate on a pay to win ship so good job on that one, dont talk to me about stats

LOL.  So you're going to talk about a win rate of a single one of my ship's win rate, which I know is the Warspite as I've gotten into way too many T8 matches than I can count... and you know what's funny about that ship?  With all of those losses dragging my exp-rate down for that ship, I still have better stats in that ship than you do for your BEST ship which is the Fuso. Please.  Anybody who would look at your stats then mine its not even a comparison.  And I try to learn new tactics all the time, heck recently I haven't even been super-satisfied with my positioning and have gone back to T4-5 and started USN BBs since they punish you more for it to try and improve.  Now, don't talk about stats.  Its horribly embarrassing that someone of your caliber comes along and talks the words "Learn to play" when you aren't even good yourself.  Your highest average damage (36k) in your Fuso isn't that much more than HALF of my fuso (64.7k).  

So how about you LEARN TO PLAY, best me, then come back and say Battleships are fine.  Don't like that argument?  Well STOP using it on people.

Edited by CaliburxZero

Beta Testers
248 posts
543 battles

I don't think BB play is as atrocious as these hyperbolic posts are claiming. BBs are serviceable, and in the right hands they can do better than expected. In my Wyoming, I managed to sink a Destroyer. It took a few hits to do but with some patience, leading, and luck, I was able to do it.

I would welcome any improvement to the BB classes but I have to wonder if they are the way they are now because any improvement would make them suddenly overpowered. If accuracy increased, would anyone with a sense of leading be able to kill any ship in the game within one barrage of the main guns?

While I do question the accuracy of the main batteries in proportion to the 30 seconds sunk into reloading them, I do have to wonder if things are the way they are because BBs are closer to being overpowered than anyone thinks.

+1  Cruisers should get a accuracy punishment for such high rates of fire.  A Cleveland for example should not be able to go toe to toe with bb's 1-2 tiers higher then itself.  The rate of fire with Sniper like accuracy is very strong.  I just watched a mogami take on an izumo and out range, out move, and out dps one of the best BB players NA.  That shouldn't be a thing.  ( Side note he was exploiting the boundary line and power sliding his way to victory.)

[HBK]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,361 posts
16,207 battles

You've got all those mods and are trying to tell someone else about a l2p issue?

Pls.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
276 posts
3,381 battles

Play more cruisers.  HE fire more.  Seriously.  It's easier, and more likely to help you build credits if you're having trouble playing a BB.

BBs and BCs require a lot of patience and trial-and-error.  Between the USN and IJN, the IJN ones are more forgiving, having better accuracy on average (Kawachi and sometimes Fuso an exception) and further range.  USN BBs don't forgive as easily, and will punish the players who aren't already used to BB playing.

Do they need a buff?  Most definitely.  I'm in the camp that wants more accurate secondaries and secondaries having almost the same range as their cruiser counterparts.  That would alone make BBs better able to defend itself from at least DDs and CAs/CLs between main cannon rounds.  I'm also in the camp that says cruisers should get pitiful accuracy in exchange for their high RoF, with BBs getting better accuracy in exchange for their low RoF, for game balance reasons (at least until they tone down Fire damage).

I agree. +1

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

You've got all those mods and are trying to tell someone else about a l2p issue?

Pls.

The only questionable mod he showed is the one making torpedoes much more visible.

[CVRME]
[CVRME]
2,942 posts
10,652 battles

Pls.

Business, for your own sanity I suggest you slowly back away from that person.  I've been telling this person its really stupid to use the "L2P" argument 24/7 and have used it against him to show him how stupid it is.  Seriously.  Hell, i'm a pretty decent player, and for example you're better than me.  I've fallen from where I stood for sure in CBT, and trying to re-train myself.  That being said, this guy's troll "L2P" comments in BB threads are really, really getting old.