Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Runcible

mixing shells...

3 comments in this topic

Members
125 posts
3,438 battles

was ammunition ever mixed in real life/practice?

that is,would say,one turret/gun fire AP while another fires HE? it seems cumbersome to mix in one turret,but I can see it on separate turrets.

and would this be useful in wows? personally I think it would rather handy....thoughts?

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,843 posts
7,637 battles

The implementation of it would be horrendous... plus it kinda breaks having to choose between using one or the other in certain situations.

[-WP-]
Beta Testers
33 posts

that is,would say,one turret/gun fire AP while another fires HE? it seems cumbersome to mix in one turret,but I can see it on separate turrets.

and would this be useful in wows? personally I think it would rather handy....thoughts?

It did happen in real life. There are quite a few accounts on US ship of it happening but it was never intended. During intense fighting usually all types of ammo would come up from the magazine. The gunners mates were just grabbing shell as fast as they could and putting them on the ammo elevator. This happened A lot on Destroyers and 5'38" guns.

[PPNA1]
[PPNA1]
Beta Testers
2,229 posts
29,229 battles

I'd like it just so that when press 1 or 2 once to switch shell after next salvo and then fire with half your turret the unfired turrets don't reload as well. Most ships have two gun directors so it shouldn't be hard to fire two different shell type in quick succession.

Sign in to follow this