Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Zxmagus

New player experience

13 comments in this topic

[BORAT]
Beta Testers
4 posts
15,742 battles

There is alot of debate on this forums about CVs being overpowered and BBs being underpowered and most people on this forum tend to look at it from a 200+ games perspective.I've been playing with a friend of mine that just got into the game he has just got up to teir4 and he groans every time he sees an enemy carrier because to him that is going to make his game miserable. Lets face if your new battleships are the sexiest ships the romance of battleship combat is a huge part of this games draw but you get into the game and find out battleships can't even defend them selves in the slightest from carruers till what like tier 7 or 8 that is going to be a huge turn off in your first week of this game.

Beta Testers
4,982 posts
6,249 battles

If you think CVs are OP, the biggest middle finger you can give them is to play destroyers. If everyone but CVs played DDs, the CVs would be raging so hard :D

[BORAT]
Beta Testers
4 posts
15,742 battles

that comment is really avoiding my whole point of people just starting out with a limited grasp of the game feeling like they are just going to helplessly get alpha'd by carriers.

Beta Testers
4,982 posts
6,249 battles

that comment is really avoiding my whole point of people just starting out with a limited grasp of the game feeling like they are just going to helplessly get alpha'd by carriers.

Firstly, grammar, you need it. I'm not great at it, but I make it work.

Secondly, and more seriously. Most early CV players have no fricking idea of what they're doing. I almost never fear CVs in tiers 4 and 5, they aren't super MLG pros, or whatever people call it nowadays, they're newbs. They can get lucky and get a couple hits in, but are mostly learning newbs. Then there's of course the Beta/Alpha/Super testers that are having to grind back up again. They'll probably all be out of the mid tiers by the 20th.

Thirdly, Alpha'd? Really? When did this replace "One-shotted" or "Salvoed"? I must say that's probably the stupidest phrase I've heard on these forums. ..... Nope, the Cleveland being UP was the stupidest. I apologize.

[BORAT]
Beta Testers
4 posts
15,742 battles

You still have yet to even answer about how a new player is supposed to feel when he gets into a t4 bb and is 100% helpless against a carrier, a stock Wyoming has 1 AA ability with an upgrade to 13.  All your doing is attacking me personally instead of simply acknowledging the heart of my argument.

• Cool 3

Banned
292 posts

Your right Zxmag and that's why its all over the forums. People just don't post to agree and most of the people who post aren't necessarily trying to be helpful but be apologists for the state of balance in the game.

Beta Testers
4,982 posts
6,249 battles

You still have yet to even answer about how a new player is supposed to feel when he gets into a t4 bb and is 100% helpless against a carrier, a stock Wyoming has 1 AA ability with an upgrade to 13.  All your doing is attacking me personally instead of simply acknowledging the heart of my argument.

Firstly, grammar, you need it. I'm not great at it, but I make it work.

Secondly, and more seriously. Most early CV players have no fricking idea of what they're doing. I almost never fear CVs in tiers 4 and 5, they aren't super MLG pros, or whatever people call it nowadays, they're newbs. They can get lucky and get a couple hits in, but are mostly learning newbs. Then there's of course the Beta/Alpha/Super testers that are having to grind back up again. They'll probably all be out of the mid tiers by the 20th.

Thirdly, Alpha'd? Really? When did this replace "One-shotted" or "Salvoed"? I must say that's probably the stupidest phrase I've heard on these forums. ..... Nope, the Cleveland being UP was the stupidest. I apologize.

I see my response to your "how are we supposed to feel?" question. Read the text carefully, do you see it? Next time pay attention instead of making accusations. If I were going to insult you I'd say "Just another baBBy QQ thread about the big bad CV meanies. Nothing to see here.". See the difference?

Members
78 posts

I just got the game recently and my main focus has been the American Battleship tree and what I have found just like every other person is that the torps are a nightmare for battleships. The torps are probably the most annoying thing in the game for battleships one second you will have full health and the next second you’re dead because of a DD popping out of the islands or some stupid plane. There is one thing you can do to avoid getting hit and that is always keeping you bow or stern pointed at the planes before the attack so that they can’t get your full broadside. You do have to stop what you’re doing and anticipate before they get within range to launch there torps but it is worth not getting hit. This tactic does two things one being it pisses the carrier off and two it sends them looking for an easier target rather than stay and keep going in circles. I hope this helps not much you can do about DDs but make them a prime target and shoot the living day lights out of them.

Beta Testers
4,982 posts
6,249 battles

I just got the game recently and my main focus has been the American Battleship tree and what I have found just like every other person is that the torps are a nightmare for battleships. The torps are probably the most annoying thing in the game for battleships one second you will have full health and the next second you’re dead because of a DD popping out of the islands or some stupid plane. There is one thing you can do to avoid getting hit and that is always keeping you bow or stern pointed at the planes before the attack so that they can’t get your full broadside. You do have to stop what you’re doing and anticipate before they get within range to launch there torps but it is worth not getting hit. This tactic does two things one being it pisses the carrier off and two it sends them looking for an easier target rather than stay and keep going in circles. I hope this helps not much you can do about DDs but make them a prime target and shoot the living day lights out of them.

If you get torped by a DD, it's not the thought process that the DD captain uses that gets you killed. Planes in the other hand....

Members
15 posts
236 battles

If you think CVs are OP, the biggest middle finger you can give them is to play destroyers. If everyone but CVs played DDs, the CVs would be raging so hard :D

When I'm not playing CVs I'm playing DDs actually. American line to be specific. Both classes require you to use your brain over spamming broadsides at people on the other side of the map, both classes have been nerfed repeatedly, and because of the first part, both get their daily dosage of hate from BB players who think they're in a giant cruiser/want to solo.

Also, every CV player had to grind up 2x BBs to get there, so it's not like we don't know what it's like to play a BB.

Edited by Phodder

Beta Testers
4,982 posts
6,249 battles

When I'm not playing CVs I'm playing DDs actually. American line to be specific. Both classes require you to use your brain over spamming broadsides at people on the other side of the map, both classes have been nerfed repeatedly, and because of the first part, both get their daily dosage of hate from BB players who think they're in a giant cruiser/want to solo.

Also, every CV player had to grind up 2x BBs to get there, so it's not like we don't know what it's like to play a BB.

O_o 

[_AFW_]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
551 posts
8,359 battles

I love carriers but in order to make this a viable game newcomers should not be frustrated every time they see a carrier. They should feel that they need to focus it down with teamwork but not that the game will be a forgone conclusion. So I am in favor of game mechanic adjustments that can do this.

[R_N_D]
Beta Testers
10 posts
1,275 battles

So more or less from what I am reading is you want to make the game easier for new players instead of forcing them to learn? when those new players in their battleships get to higher tiers are we going to have to nerf the higher tier CV's as well? The whole point of progression is learning how to deal with ships types and common methods of dealing with them.

Sorry if it comes off as mean but making things easier for the sake of keeping new players less frustrated is only going to harm them in the long run. They won't have the skills and knowledge of how to try and avoid CV planes or how to avoid becoming easy DD food.

Members
750 posts
1,271 battles

A new player is supposed to have basic reading comprehension skills to be able to understand what "open beta" means. Also, they are supposed to feel like they are playing a game. 

Sign in to follow this