Super_Dreadnought

has your enthusiasm been affected by recent flag controversy?

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

88 members have voted

1. 1. Has the recent controversy over the Rising Sun flag dampened your enthusiasm?

• My enthusiasm has been lower
    • My enthusiasm is the same
    • My enthusiasm has been raised

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

51 posts in this topic

First let me make clear that this poll isn't intended as a rant or protest for or against the Rising Sun flag.

I am merely curious whether the recent controversy over the Rising Sun flag- which can be debated elsewhere - has affected your enthusiasm for the game in any way. your reasons are your own.

1. Has your enthusiasm for the game been lowered? do you think WG handled it badly? maybe you refuse to play warships with politically correct but unhistorical flags. and so forth.

2. is your enthusiasm the same? can't see what the fuss is about? Do you just not give a crap? or maybe you are withholding judgement for now.

3. Has your enthusiasm been raised? Maybe you agree with WG's decision or believe they handled it well or something.

In the interests of transparency I sorta torn between 1. and 2. My enthusiasm for WoWs was lowered when I read about what might happen to the flag. But after I received a private response from Tiet, I'm willing to give WG the benefit of a doubt since they are still debating the decision and what they should do. I pick option 2.

Same as you, but i picked option 1

It really hurt my enthusiasm :unsure:

I pick option two. It's a nice thing to have but it's not a necessary thing to have, it's not going to break the game if they exclude it.

My enthusiasm for the game has not waned at all.  However, I do believe the decision to remove the flag is a bad one (for transparency.)

Of course WG has handled it badly, they still let SerB troll the public in Q&As, the home office guys are simply not very smart when it comes to public relations. They never really have been.

This does not, strictly speaking, impact my willingness to play the game. First, I don't have to deal with the inept PR that WG does normally, so I can hold out hope that I will not suffer too many outrages. Second, unless I want to go back to Battlestations Midway, a Bad Game that I'm simply enough of a nerd to like, they have a captive audience.

Disappointed but that one thing isn't going to lower my enthusiasm.

I picked 2. Like I said in the flag threads, I'm just not going to worry about it anymore.

Endless "I voted" Soul

I thank that most Americans don't hold grudges against them anymore so I don't see why they can't just let the American server have them and the few that thank it will be the end of the world can't just have the option to turn it off

My enthusiasm is the same.

I will probably look into mods for historically correct flags. But in todays world everything needs to be PC (sadly IMHO)

No change in enthusiasm. I see what the fuss is about, I have a stance, but it is a minor part in a video game.

I was a little lowered to see how the few butthurt players are afraid to see a piece of cloth attached to their ship. WG should listen to the majority, not the minority in this case

Honestly i really don't care much for that i just want the game to come  out in good shape then we can worry about the small things and if its really that big of a deal just mod?

Wg plans to replace the Japanese flag? That is rediculous, and is a serious let down in my opinion. If people are so angered about the flag then join a different server that bans it. Nobody ever complained about battlestations pacific. It had a full Japanese campaign and used the rising sun extensively

I was not to huge into IJN ships anyways, so for me it hasn't been a serious issue. I still say bring it WG, I am pumped for WoWS!

I voted 2, but I highly disagree with this sort of PC [edited], this is historical stuff we are talking about here, let it be historically accurate.

My enthusiasm for the game hasn't changed, but my contempt for prominant members of the community have certainly increased.

Good thing I tend to play solo anyways.

that's just a flag.. and this is just a game..

my enthusiasm hasn' change at all..

My enthusiasm is the same, although it annoys the hell out of me that people are complaining on the North American forum

No real change here.  This issue just isn't that important to me.

If they do get rid of the rising sun what are they going to put in its place? It's hard to believe a big red circle could stir up so much controversy

The flag "issue" doesn't mean much if anything to me.  See, I am interested in ships, accuracy, et all.  But when it gets to testing and game time I am not going to be overly concerned with looking at what flag is flying from the masthead.  I'll be more concerned with putting steel on target.

As such my enthusiasm has not suffered, it remains at fever pitch.

For serious gamers it probably doesn't mean much but for history buffs like me it makes me cringe to see historical inaccuracies. I don't like the hammer and sickle because of the soviet gulags, KGB seceret police, and the great purge but I'm not concerned about that being in game because that happened a long time ago and I have gotten over it.

View PostSnakehead1234, on 22 June 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

For serious gamers it probably doesn't mean much but for history buffs like me it makes me cringe to see historical inaccuracies. I don't like the hammer and sickle because of the soviet gulags, KGB seceret police, and the great purge but I'm not concerned about that being in game because that happened a long time ago and I have gotten over it.

Agreed, we know what happened and whats done is done, but it was WG's decision and they made it.

View PostSnakehead1234, on 22 June 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

For serious gamers it probably doesn't mean much but for history buffs like me it makes me cringe to see historical inaccuracies.

Theres a lot of history buffs here and not all of them share your opinion. I know a few games where we're talking extreme censorship and the 60 yr old historians there happily accept it simply because this is a game.

These are legit historians too, the games realism is top notch and the side biased generated makes the historians display loads of documents and books discussing supplies and logistics in order to get an advantage in equipment for their side of the game.

My enthusiasm is the same, even though I think Wg has handled this poorly with different people giving different answers and giving no full explanation. Im still very excited to see the game finished though!