Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TetraethylLead

Tier 3 skills for USN

4 comments in this topic

[WHARF]
Beta Testers
134 posts
22,302 battles

So, I've asked this about battleships before, but If I'm training a USN cruiser and a USN destroyer commander for the end game, what tier 3 skills should I take? I'm leaning towards superintendent for the destroyer and vigilance for the cruiser.

Edited by TetraethylLead

[-K-]
Beta Testers
5,660 posts
18,914 battles

Late in the CBT folks were advising not to get extra torpedo acquisition (at least in the context of battleships), because once you're better at the game you'll get more advance notice from reading cues than you will from the torpedoes actually becoming spotted. However, I consider myself to have good awareness and I still take Vigilance on my USN cruiser commander. I thoroughly enjoy hunting destroyers, so it suits me. However, High Alert is extremely useful on any ship with a decent survivability. If you're building towards tier nine or ten, cruisers gain the ability to repair at that tier and you'll definitely want access to more damage control party uses. That being said, common wisdom is to build two commanders for each line you play—one to leave in your favourite ship, and one to take to the top. You won't always be playing tier ten once you get there, so you'll want that additional commander for your non-top-tier ship in each line.

Superintendent is probably going to be best in a destroyer, since a third smoke and engine boost go a long way, and you're not likely to survive anyways if you need to use damage control twice in the span of ninety seconds.

[WHARF]
Beta Testers
134 posts
22,302 battles

However, High Alert is extremely useful on any ship with a decent survivability. If you're building towards tier nine or ten, cruisers gain the ability to repair at that tier and you'll definitely want access to more damage control party uses.

So you're suggesting that for my top tier cruiser captain I should give him High Alert so I can quench fires or heal flooding?

[-K-]
Beta Testers
5,660 posts
18,914 battles

So you're suggesting that for my top tier cruiser captain I should give him High Alert so I can quench fires or heal flooding?

Yes. Key word, suggesting.

Sign in to follow this