You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheGhostCat

We're complaining too much.

88 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
840 posts
595 battles

I'm just saying, OBT only launched 2 weeks ago for CBT folks and 1 week ago for OBT.

Yes this game has issues...but it's still being testing/developed...and yes I do believe WG wants our feedback, but for the most part they will use the data the attain from us playing...and then to more testing!

IMO, I feel most of these issues are due to so many of us being new to this game, but not new to gaming.

So lets not forget to talk about things we like as well!

I feel that's also a very important aspect of feedback for the dev team.

I'll start:

1)This game doesn't feel as grindy as wowp did, this tells me I'm having fun while playing! And I am, this game is great change of pace from wot. I am having an absolute blast playing cruisers!

2) I really really like the captain skill tree. I think this is a fantastic way to individualize your experience, while keeping the 'crew skills' we've come to expect from WG products

3)The Flag system is fantastic. I enjoy the bonus' I am able to earn, and they are far more noticeable bonus' then the personal reserves in wot.

Feel free do add things you enjoy about the game.:honoring:

• Cool 22

Alpha Tester
1,152 posts
1,454 battles

Have patience, the ones who will refuse to learn and rage will eventually be strained out. I mean not entirely, but some is better then none.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
201 posts
1,171 battles

As the former Head Moderator from Navyfield once stated:

A lack of complaining means players no longer care and the game is dying.

• Cool 8

Alpha Tester
17,510 posts

this game will last for centuries
  • Cool 4

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

this game will last for centuries

only if we could live that long

• Cool 1

[ERN]
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

new premium medical procedures

in about 50 years, if that we don't nuke ourselves first

Beta Testers
583 posts
7,478 battles

I like your avatar - very mysterious in a way.  Some of the other stuff you mentioned is good too. 

Beta Testers
782 posts
388 battles

I'm just saying, OBT only launched 2 weeks ago for CBT folks and 1 week ago for OBT.

Yes this game has issues...but it's still being testing/developed...and yes I do believe WG wants our feedback, but for the most part they will use the data the attain from us playing...and then to more testing!

IMO, I feel most of these issues are due to so many of us being new to this game, but not new to gaming.

I'll start:

1)This game doesn't feel as grindy as wowp did, this tells me I'm having fun while playing! And I am, this game is great change of pace from wot. I am having an absolute blast playing cruisers!

2) I really really like the captain skill tree. I think this is a fantastic way to individualize your experience, while keeping the 'crew skills' we've come to expect from WG products

3)The Flag system is fantastic. I enjoy the bonus' I am able to earn, and they are far more noticeable bonus' then the personal reserves in wot.

Feel free do add things you enjoy about the game.:honoring:

We aren't (unless you mean I'm complaining about the nooblets complaints) complaining, I am seeing those with 30 games making hard and fast statements about the state of balance.  At 30 games you haven't even scratched the surface on game mechanics and haven't played nearly enough to call for game adjustments.  I'm seeing this far too often, that and people who play only one class asking for nerfs to support the class they are currently grinding.

It's getting old already and it's only been a week!

• Cool 2

[ONAVY]
Beta Testers
901 posts
12,831 battles

couldn't agree more OP - and I actually enjoy BBs.... I know, I'm nuts I guess. And the firehose of flaming death that is the Atlanta, oh yeah. 

My favorite thing probably about the game is that the stock ships don't seem as crap as stock tanks and airplanes. I always feel like I have something to contribute. 

Alpha Tester
101 posts
4,195 battles

Complaining is how things get fixed. There are some things that people probably shouldn't be complaining about, but bringing them up probably brings at least some attention to the issues that the players have. 

• Cool 7

Members
371 posts
263 battles

One thing I've learned in life, some people just aren't happy unless they're complaining about something. Anything really, so long as they think they're being heard.

Endless "Life lessons" Soul

Beta Testers
782 posts
388 battles

One thing I've learned in life, some people just aren't happy unless they're complaining about something. Anything really, so long as they think they're being heard.

Endless "Life lessons" Soul

I can't post the saying about sailors because of the filter.  I can paraphrase it though: I (female dog)ing sailor is a happy sailor.  
  • Cool 2

[MPIRE]
Alpha Tester
186 posts
9,931 battles

There's an old saying in the Navy... "when the Sailors stop complaining, that's when you have to worry about mutiny."

• Cool 2

[BS]
Alpha Tester
586 posts
1,053 battles

Which head mod?

Beta Testers
8 posts
1,593 battles

This is the status quo for most games now. Entitled kids crying with little to no input on how to actually resolve any issues. Something is unfair to them so the game is broken. Not to mention a lot of these new people are getting thrown in games with some players that have been playing for many months and people don't like loosing.

Edited by trashguy

Guest pizzastorm
0 posts

If there are things that bother you about the game, we do want to hear them. We also want to hear what you like about it as well.

Keep in mind that providing suggestions/constructive criticism on how to improve the aspects of the game you may be unhappy with will help us understand what you are looking for. 

• Cool 10

[ERN]
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

If there are things that bother you about the game, we do want to hear them. We also want to hear what you like about it as well.

Keep in mind that providing suggestions/constructive criticism on how to improve the aspects of the game you may be unhappy with will help us understand what you are looking for. 

Can you get Kmaus to check her PM?

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
13,436 posts
141 battles

Complaining is Progress.

Without Complaining, would we even have ships that operate on something other than Rows?

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
1,997 posts
2,336 battles

couldn't agree more OP - and I actually enjoy BBs.... I know, I'm nuts I guess. And the firehose of flaming death that is the Atlanta, oh yeah. 

My favorite thing probably about the game is that the stock ships don't seem as crap as stock tanks and airplanes. I always feel like I have something to contribute. 

This^

I love BBs, i love cruisers, and i love DDs, I haven't started on CVs yet, kinda waiting till theres some sort of aircraft destruction bonus as i enjoyed going fighter heavy USN in CBT. 

But i'm also a tester, and i see problems with the enjoyment level of my favorite class, So i point it out at every opportunity to make sure my voice remains heard. Thats the point of testing, feedback. 

HE fire chance needs to be looked at, its not as bad as everyone assumes at low tier, but it could use some adjustments. perhaps a absolute damage floor for fire damage, where it can only do up to 80% of HP damage, if your below 20% health remaining a fire cant light (all combustibles on deck exhausted? who knows). OR a diminishing return on fire damage. Where it starts off with the current damage tick and the damage goes down a little each tick until its extinguished. 

Manual drop needs adjustments, or straight up removal. Its presence is imbalanced by itself, to have a 100% skill based no RNG weapon system that is so powerful, while every other weapon system in the game is at the mercy of RNG. 

And something needs to be done to make AA screening and fighter heavy CV loadouts more profitable so that more people are willing to run those configurations. 

[RAZGZ]
Beta Testers
814 posts
14,914 battles

You can boil all these threads down into really 4 centeral themes:

People don't like the amount of fire and the HE/AP situations.   They want it reduced and AP to be more effective.

Matchmaking leaves alot to be desired,  especially the situations with multiple carriers and higher tier carriers.   People want more balanced matches and for CV's to less of a OP factor in many of these matches.

Torpedoes are dominating many aspects of the game,  on the flip side AA is ineffective especially at lower tiers and players have really no defense against them.

BB's are horrible,  they are slow, sluggish, they don't turn and they are easy prey for CA's, DD's, and CV's

The forum is full of 100 of threads and thousands of words,  but basically 80% or more of it can be covered by those 4 items.

Edited by Ray_P
  • Cool 6

Beta Testers
2,196 posts

Its harder to find a thread about what you like than it is to find threads about things you don't like. Its just human nature to complain about things you don't like and keep quiet about things you do. 

Things I like:

1. Core game play mechanics.

2. Reasonably accurate naval combat. 

3. Responsive dev team (though a bit twitchy).

4. Great visuals.

Things I don't:

1. Carriers are a crap shoot.

2. Battleships have terrible shot groupings (primary and secondary).

Things Id like to see:

1. Weather (Rain, Lightning, Blizzards).

2. Special explosion for "Detonation" kills (Hood, Yamato).

3. Naval style objectives (convoy, guard/kill the carrier, etc.). 

• Cool 4