You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MikeLapTrap

proof of concept USN>IJN CV

32 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
3,012 posts
1,480 battles

Here you go. I had 2 IJN CV, 1 a higher tier try to kill me all match long. I sank both of them

ctQbAz1.jpgV7TqyKl.jpg

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,400 posts
262 battles

But its not a challenge when you, MikeHuntz, are the CV captain.

You are just worth 2 T10 CVs by yourself.

[PPNA1]
[PPNA1]
Beta Testers
2,229 posts
29,229 battles

Here you go. I had 2 IJN CV, 1 a higher tier try to kill me all match long. I sank both of them

Title need to be edited:

"Mike OP, Proof of concept"

Jokes aside nice game and well played. :great: Shows how good Indy can be in the hand of a great player, though I still miss Saipan:sceptic:

Edited by Cpt_VictorHenry_USN

Beta Testers
3,012 posts
1,480 battles

They both tried to snipe me at start. lost half my health. with 1 TB squad i 1 shot the Hiryu. then the second wave 1 shot the ryujo. no need for anvil or anything else

Beta Testers
1,102 posts
403 battles

more likely the 2 IJN CV's are mediocre

The proof for the opposite is in your very own profile, your DPS and winrate in the Ryujo is almost twice that of the Independence.

Not as drastic but far more damage in Zuiho than Bogue

And same story with Hosho and Langley

USN CV's are trash until Essex.

Edit: just checked, both those 2 IJN pilots have 60k DPG in the ships they were playing for that match.

Edited by Awesomecopter

[GOAT]
Beta Testers
1,523 posts
7,150 battles

Sounds more like proof they were baddies.

[PPNA1]
[PPNA1]
Beta Testers
2,229 posts
29,229 battles

Sounds more like proof they were baddies.

51.5% WR for the Hiryu, 56.8% WR for the Ryujo, some baddies:sceptic:. at least recognize Mike's greatness :honoring: instead of discrediting his opponents.

Beta Testers
3,012 posts
1,480 battles

Working on that Midway now Mike?

I am yes. but work and RL is slowing me down. Cant wait till the weekend

Beta Testers
368 posts
234 battles

I feel better about fighting you to a draw now... thought my team should have done better... but all I had with my Independence was a Bogue.

Beta Testers
3,012 posts
1,480 battles

And see it proliferate? No thanks. Let's just say the way in which the server and client handle the position of planes could use work.

Huh? wth is this click speed exploit?
  • Cool 1

[BS]
Alpha Tester
586 posts
1,053 battles

This proves nothing... and almost everyone knows that. I know Mike is good, but come on man. Can it be more obvious that the whole point of this topic is just to draw attention to himself? Mike's stats prove which line is better, and I'd give money that if he answered honestly, he would say IJN is way better.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
368 posts
234 battles

So looks like ideal load out for Indy is 1/1/1

Definitely.  Fighters are useless for EXP if the other side doesn't have a CV, and USN Striker loadouts only have 1 TB, which can be countered by a single enemy fighter squad (if they know what they're doing).  DBs only deal 2-3k damage + fire max to anything not a CV.

Beta Testers
3,012 posts
1,480 battles

Definitely.  Fighters are useless for EXP if the other side doesn't have a CV, and USN Striker loadouts only have 1 TB, which can be countered by a single enemy fighter squad (if they know what they're doing).  DBs only deal 2-3k damage + fire max to anything not a CV.

for USN its 2-3k per bomb. so its actually quiet deadly

Beta Testers
368 posts
234 battles

for USN its 2-3k per bomb. so its actually quiet deadly

I still have trouble manual dropping -- max out at 3 hits... most of the time, only get 1-2 on BBs -- and just as many times, I get 0 hits, despite the manual aiming being perfect over the BB.  Definitely something that needs a lot of experience before its viable on its own (as a CV's only method of attack).

Beta Testers
168 posts
5,523 battles

Just need to match natos avg damage in usa cvs :) good luck mike i am sure you can do it

(i plan to run my usa cvs with the normal load out and not try to match him as i know i can't )

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
194 posts

This is proof of nothing. Your team very well could have actually gave your some AA cover and left a pensacola or something nearby.

If that was me in the T7 IJN along with another competent CV driver and you were by yourself i guarantee you would have been sunk in the first 3 minutes.

[PPNA1]
[PPNA1]
Beta Testers
2,229 posts
29,229 battles

This is proof of nothing. Your team very well could have actually gave your some AA cover and left a pensacola or something nearby.

If that was me in the T7 IJN along with another competent CV driver and you were by yourself i guarantee you would have been sunk in the first 3 minutes.

Read the scoreboard, Mike shot down 37 planes(36 are bombers), rest of his team shot down only 12.