You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
PrincessTerrik

Drawing

5 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
218 posts
1,273 battles

So I seem to be approaching 5% draws. . .and I do have about 50% winrate, probably due to CBT experience and all, unlike in WoT where it took me thousands of battles to learn everything and to this day have like a 45% winrate with 23k+ battles. So anywho, just pointing out. . .maybe 1.3-sh percent draws in WoT. Almost 5% in here. Now I only have about 100 battles in OBT so far, but I mean, it does seem to be a problem. . .

[-K-]
Beta Testers
5,660 posts
18,914 battles

I'll repeat myself here, although as RR points out this has been discussed a lot. (Back in CBT, draw rates were around 8%.)

In a game about naval warfare, draws are natural. Anything under 10% is already low, in my opinion. Since they changed domination mode to result in a win/loss situation when time runs out and the score isn't even, draws are now especially rare.

Alpha Tester
1,997 posts
2,336 battles

meh, draws aren't an issue IMO. its a valid tactic if your on the losing side. It gives players more control over their stats. I would rather have a high draw rate than a high loss rate. At least it means i know how to ruin the other teams day. :trollface:

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
218 posts
1,273 battles

did you forum search on

draw

before posting this

Well no, because frankly I didn't notice it before OBT, so I didn't know if it's different than before and didn't feel like trawling through old, outdated threads that may or may not have any bearing on the current state of the game. . .on MMO games like this and WoT and STO, I find that often if there even is anything on what I want to know, it might have no relevance anymore due to the constantly changing nature of the game.

meh, draws aren't an issue IMO. its a valid tactic if your on the losing side. It gives players more control over their stats. I would rather have a high draw rate than a high loss rate. At least it means i know how to ruin the other teams day. :trollface:

For destroyers, sure. . .cruisers maybe, Battleships? No way. . .anything can run down and kill a BB, except maybe a slower BB. And how does it give the people who clearly deserve to win more control over their stats? It takes away control and puts it into the hands of whoever is faster, and if the faster ship decides not to play, well there's nothing you can do to finish off that win that you've worked so hard for.

[-K-]
Beta Testers
5,660 posts
18,914 battles

For destroyers, sure. . .cruisers maybe, Battleships? No way. . .anything can run down and kill a BB, except maybe a slower BB. And how does it give the people who clearly deserve to win more control over their stats? It takes away control and puts it into the hands of whoever is faster, and if the faster ship decides not to play, well there's nothing you can do to finish off that win that you've worked so hard for.

This reads as though the game is a team deathmatch. If a team cannot put itself in position to secure the objective before the time is up, that team does not "clearly deserve to win."

To elaborate on your scenario, there is no random dice roll that determines which team is left with a destroyer and which team is left with a battleship. Every ship is in control of its own path. If a team can manage to (1) keep a fast ship alive to the end, and at the same time (2) destroy any enemy ships that can counter that fast ship, that is a tactical victory in itself.