Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Beerstein

What's going on with gold?

25 comments in this topic

[D4NCE]
Alpha Tester
524 posts
49 battles

Been patching the game slowly over time but heard that Wargaming wasn't following through on their promise of unified account gold/exp/premium time. I have around 200,000 gold and 700 days of premium on my WoT account simply because WG said it'd transfer over to ships so I got it where I could. Is it true that Wargaming isn't following through on the unified gold promise?

[NDA]
Alpha Tester
6,193 posts
4,955 battles

Pretty sure it took some time for gold to unify in Warplanes as well.  Upwards of 1 month after open IIRC?

I would expect similar here.

[D4NCE]
Alpha Tester
524 posts
49 battles

Thanks, the way that's worded it sounds like even though they promised it they're slowly backtracking, if so there's gonna be a lot of really pissed off people that went for gold sales for this reason. The fact that it's even sketchy on if they're going to do it or not is really worrying. Guess I'm going to try to keep this thread up til we get a straight answer from WG.

Beta Testers
2,249 posts
3,180 battles

*gulp......2.......200,000............Two Hundred Thousand........................TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND?!

you can buy me if you like......i like fried food and seafood, and hamburgers.....i can cook and clean aswell.

[BUN]
Beta Testers
1,915 posts
6,595 battles

*gulp......2.......200,000............Two Hundred Thousand........................TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND?!

you can buy me if you like......i like fried food and seafood, and hamburgers.....i can cook and clean aswell.

Bad Akizuiki. You're MY Destroyer. 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,312 posts
23,671 battles

They are doing exactly what they said they would. Full unified account will come, likely not until release.

• Cool 1

[D4NCE]
Alpha Tester
524 posts
49 battles

lunchBG9.jpg

One fried lobster burger coming up.

They are doing exactly what they said they would. Full unified account will come, likely not until release.

"Premium currencies . . . we have mixed reports on this. When WoWS goes full live (currently its Open Beta) Doubloons are scheduled to be renamed Gold. At that time it is presumed that premium currencies will be unified. However . . . there have been confusing statements from Management/Developers about this. So plan your expenditures carefully."

Then why the confusion? Where are the confusing statements coming from? This isn't the first time I've heard someone say there have been conflicting/confusing statements from WG which is why I created this thread. It'd be nice if we could get some clarity from WG.

Members
1 post
349 battles

Interesting. I also have a significant amount of gold I've saved up on WoT for the same reason. I really hope they eventually come through with the original concept of a truly unified account.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,312 posts
23,671 battles

lunchBG9.jpg

One fried lobster burger coming up.

"Premium currencies . . . we have mixed reports on this. When WoWS goes full live (currently its Open Beta) Doubloons are scheduled to be renamed Gold. At that time it is presumed that premium currencies will be unified. However . . . there have been confusing statements from Management/Developers about this. So plan your expenditures carefully."

Then why the confusion? Where are the confusing statements coming from? This isn't the first time I've heard someone say there have been conflicting/confusing statements from WG which is why I created this thread. It'd be nice if we could get some clarity from WG.

Communication from WG can and often is confusing, there actions however have been remarkably predictable and consistent. Just relax the fully unified accounts will be here before you know it.

Beta Testers
113 posts
13,037 battles

basicly they wont unify the gold has long that people buy doubloon package , why would they ? they make more money that way

Members
328 posts

basicly they wont unify the gold has long that people buy doubloon package , why would they ? they make more money that way

Exactly.. I think we all need to stop buying doubloons to enforce the unification of Gold. Also once they feel they've milked free exp converter nuts enough, they will unify free exp.

It's all done for profits for the motherland, not for gamer best interest. Unlike other games, where things are generally done for their customers, WG does the opposite. I probably won't be converting much free experience until they give me my free xp from WOWP/WOT.. If they don't? Then they were likely have some seriously bad publicity, and player revolt.

Sooner the better.. Gold should ALREADY be unified, Free Exp I can see waiting a couple weeks.. 

Members
4 posts
1,540 battles

Exactly.. I think we all need to stop buying doubloons to enforce the unification of Gold. Also once they feel they've milked free exp converter nuts enough, they will unify free exp.

It's all done for profits for the motherland, not for gamer best interest. Unlike other games, where things are generally done for their customers, WG does the opposite. I probably won't be converting much free experience until they give me my free xp from WOWP/WOT.. If they don't? Then they were likely have some seriously bad publicity, and player revolt.

Sooner the better.. Gold should ALREADY be unified, Free Exp I can see waiting a couple weeks.. 

I'm not spending a dime on WoWS until WG clarifies their statements or announcements on ALL Accounts being Unified as to all aspects of Gold and Free XP. I already read in WG's statement that GP will not be unified which is a good idea since players on WoT/WoWP most likely have GP out the wahzoo and could easily just convert XP to Free XP and buy their way up the tiers without going thru the process of EARNING THEM.  

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,106 battles

Been patching the game slowly over time but heard that Wargaming wasn't following through on their promise of unified account gold/exp/premium time. I have around 200,000 gold and 700 days of premium on my WoT account simply because WG said it'd transfer over to ships so I got it where I could. Is it true that Wargaming isn't following through on the unified gold promise?

Bro. Seriously. Share the love.

[R0FL]
Beta Testers
1,286 posts
4,086 battles

Wow. How much is 200k gold.

Currently for WoWs with no sale going on, that is 800$.   It's 100$ for 25,000 gold, so 25k x 8 = 800$.  2 years of premium time (700 days) is another 200$.

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,106 battles

Currently for WoWs with no sale going on, that is 800$.   It's 100$ for 25,000 gold, so 25k x 8 = 800$.  2 years of premium time (700 days) is another 200$.

Which Beerstein mostly paid zero for.  He got most of that through tank tournaments.

Beta Testers
258 posts
490 battles

WG definitely said that WOT, WOWP, and WOWS would eventually all fall under a unified account where your premium time, gold, and free XP could be used in any of the 3 games.  This is still in beta so it's understandable that it's not totally implemented yet.

[D4NCE]
Alpha Tester
524 posts
49 battles

Which Beerstein mostly paid zero for.  He got most of that through tank tournaments.

Actually I've never spent money on the game, I have however brought people in that have spent hundreds and have been gifted probably near $200 so while I may be a welfare warrior I have brought money in for WG :) all of my gold, premium time, unique tanks etc. have been via clan wars, tournaments, and testing plus a few gifts. Word of mouth and a large dedicated community are as important to the free to play model as paying players.

Beta Testers
15 posts
2,187 battles

I'm not spending a dime on WoWS until WG clarifies their statements or announcements on ALL Accounts being Unified as to all aspects of Gold and Free XP. I already read in WG's statement that GP will not be unified which is a good idea since players on WoT/WoWP most likely have GP out the wahzoo and could easily just convert XP to Free XP and buy their way up the tiers without going thru the process of EARNING THEM.  

Sigh...

First, where did you read that GXP will not be unified?  Everything I've read has said it will be at a future time.  NOT unifying the accounts would also be a major breach of the promise WG has made about the three games in this WoX game trilogy.

Secondly, yes some of us have GXP "out the wahzoo".  Why do you care?  What does earning it in WoWs vs WoT/WoWp have to do with anything?  Who cares if someone else gets to free XP past where you're at?  It's still GXP that player has earned in a WG game.  Simply put, unifying GXP does not hurt nor affect you in any meaningful way, so get over it.

Blue

Members
4 posts
1,540 battles

Sigh...

First, where did you read that GXP will not be unified?  Everything I've read has said it will be at a future time.  NOT unifying the accounts would also be a major breach of the promise WG has made about the three games in this WoX game trilogy.

Secondly, yes some of us have GXP "out the wahzoo".  Why do you care?  What does earning it in WoWs vs WoT/WoWp have to do with anything?  Who cares if someone else gets to free XP past where you're at?  It's still GXP that player has earned in a WG game.  Simply put, unifying GXP does not hurt nor affect you in any meaningful way, so get over it.

Blue

Accounts are unified, but I don't have access to my WoT gold or free experience . . .

Spoiler

I was referring to GP ie Credits as highlighted in red per WG's statement post via the link posted in post #2 in this thread.  Now, if you want to continue to troll, go for it, I clarified what I wanted to say, end of discussion.

Edited by MrCabinetry

[NATO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,640 posts
10,318 battles

. It'd be nice if we could get some clarity from WG.

Its called "maskirovka", look it up :)  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maskirovka

Its why the west is suspicious of anything and everything written, said or seen that comes out of Russia since WW2.

Sign in to follow this