Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DemonsofRazgriz

Why I dont like BBs

14 comments in this topic

Members
972 posts
822 battles

I know its still beta but i hope they buff BBs acc cuz they have nothing else going for them (seriously getting within 3km to AP someone just to see shows go OVER the enemy is stupid)

uzgKWl1.jpg

You can see water splashing in front of him (from my view) and behind him, did someone bend my barrels?

t26nhpf.jpg

ENEMY IS 2.4KM, shots go over him... my captains drunk! (DD player was either bad i know how to dodge his Torps cuz he got killed by secondaries while he kept trying to torp me)

RFBx7MP.jpg

He pulls away, i fire a second salvo! surprise! they go over him again! someone get my gunner some glasses!

i finished off that damn Wickles with my secondaries, thats how bad BB accuracy is... and those are the only pics i managed to capture during the battle

Edited by DemonsofRazgriz
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
973 posts
2,500 battles

I know its still beta but i hope they buff BBs acc cuz they have nothing else going for them (seriously getting within 3km to AP someone just to see shows go OVER the enemy is stupid)

uzgKWl1.jpg

You can see water splashing in front of him (from my view) and behind him, did someone bend my barrels?

t26nhpf.jpg

ENEMY IS 2.4KM, shots go over him... my captains drunk! (DD player was either bad i know how to dodge his Torps cuz he got killed by secondaries while he kept trying to torp me)

RFBx7MP.jpg

He pulls away, i fire a second salvo! surprise! they go over him again! someone get my gunner some glasses!

i finished off that damn Wickles with my secondaries, thats how bad BB accuracy is... and those are the only pics i managed to capture during the battle

This happened to me alot, When i was striking at a  Cruiser with my BB...

[NDA]
Alpha Tester
6,193 posts
4,955 battles

I think you actually are aiming a little high in the second and third screenshot.

The first one looks spot on and if it straddles with that, blame RNG.

Considering the height of Battleship turrets compared to the height of a destroyer, you'd have to aim low.  Also he's coming towards you so you'd have to aim low there as well or he'd be inside of where you originally aimed.

[KMS2]
Members
10,919 posts
4,863 battles

The first one was just RNG, the second and third one happened because you were aiming over the enemy ship...

• Cool 1

[SWFSH]
[SWFSH]
Volunteer Moderator
2,629 posts
7,415 battles

The Kawachi and almost all the lower tier battleships have woeful accuracy, things get better in the tier 5+.

Alpha Tester
1,997 posts
2,336 battles

Not a BB problem. Player problem. You did not sacrifice the required number of virgins on the altar of RNGesus. 

• Cool 1

[RULE]
Beta Testers
201 posts
12,688 battles

First it can be very frustrating when DDs close in like this as BB main turrets were not made for that kind of back alley close in knife fight, you just get one shot aimed if you're lucky that is where your lower classes come in, they should screen BBs and CVs (does not happen often but that is the role they have), second you are in a tier III Dreadnaught era battlewagon which is hopeless anyway in this kind of action (like a KV2 trying to turn on a amx75 ) and third these shots are out of sequence, they should however beeffup the rate of secondaries fire as it is quite anemic to see one or two of them splutter once in a while not sure if this is a graphic issue or not.

Beta Testers
966 posts

Personally I find a 4 second travel time to be the sweet spot for BB fire, anything less then 2.5 presents issues with overshooting and bizzare angling from each turret having a profoundly different trajectory. Anything past 7 seconds allows the target to produce unexpected armor angling from maneuvers, and anything past 10 seconds allows aware nimble CAs to flat-out dodge.

Go for that nice 3-5 second Time-to-Target and AP hits that do substantial damage on CAs becomes a practical guarantee, there is such a thing as "too close."

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,194 posts
15,770 battles

You need to sacrifice a virgin, good luck finding one these days, to the RNG god. :hiding:

Alpha Tester
1,312 posts
4,574 battles

Tip when playing a BB.  aim at the waterline and give a small prayer to the jerk in the picture below and hope for the best...

j4W91Wf.jpg

Beta Testers
840 posts
595 battles

Tip when playing a BB.  aim at the waterline and give a small prayer to the jerk in the picture below and hope for the best...

After I died in game I was following a friendly WY around...I watched him fire a single turret: 1 shot went straight into the water, about 100m from his ship, the other shot strayed in the general direction of his target...

GJ WG BB RNG

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers
88 posts
13,399 battles

With BBs you just aim and shoot at a area where you want your shots to land.

After that RNG god takes over and decides if you hit or not, if you do 1k damage or get a citadel.

Funny that people still think that RNG dont play the biggest role in BB performance.

I guess they only see that one salvo that killed their cruiser while forgetting that 10 well aimed others that did only 1k damage each . Or when someone jumps from a pure skill ship like DDs and CVs to a BB and thinks that BBs also translate skill in results the same way...

Edited by Arthorh

Beta Testers
59 posts
8,625 battles

Your elevation is important, depending on direction of travel I aim at water line in AP,

but in a couple of those shots you were aiming high.

A question, was your captain trained in artillery? It does make a difference

Sign in to follow this