Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Fog_Destroyer_Yudachi

Tier VIII Economy

46 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
413 posts
2,744 battles

So I need to earn 8.8 million more credits to buy a tire ix ship?

sounds interesting enough to play, isn't it? lmbo

I have been farming with my Atago for a while and I have even researched the second hull.

QQ_20150708070928.jpg

===================================

by the way, the second hull requires 1.8m to buy.

Edited by Fog_Destroyer_Yudachi
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
185 posts
2,522 battles

Hahaha. In MWO a good match gets you 200k and for the biggest mechs you have to pay 17mill

3 TIMES

meh, so far I'm pretty happy with the economy, and that's saying something considering it's a WG game. WoT's economy is impossible. That said I'll how it feels at higher tiers. in WoT I dont even make any money half the matches so if it's better than that it'll be acceptable.

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,106 battles

WG has to make money somehow. If they did tank prices for ships off what we could earn, it would be too easy to get to the next ship.

Remember, in tanks it can take anywhere from 3-6 months to go from tier 1-10.  They are doing the same in ships. Not surprising.

Beta Testers
435 posts

Sell used ships.  1.8 should not be hard if you are not loosing constantly even with a money maker.  If the grind is that bad feel free to un-install.  Lower tiers don't punish as much and more fun even with a loss.

Beta Testers
413 posts
2,744 battles

Sell used ships.  1.8 should not be hard if you are not loosing constantly even with a money maker.  If the grind is that bad feel free to un-install.  Lower tiers don't punish as much and more fun even with a loss.

i constantly fight with things like midway's

[CLOVR]
Beta Testers
3,667 posts
1,637 battles

WG has to make money somehow. If they did tank prices for ships off what we could earn, it would be too easy to get to the next ship.

Remember, in tanks it can take anywhere from 3-6 months to go from tier 1-10.  They are doing the same in ships. Not surprising.

This is a good thing in my eyes. Still not even finished a single tree in tanks, 4 years later. Tough grinds make the reward more worth it.

Beta Testers
413 posts
2,744 battles

the thing is, Kagerou is not a fun ship to play.

Kagerou is not even a fair tire ix ship.

30,523 posts
6,106 battles

This is a good thing in my eyes. Still not even finished a single tree in tanks, 4 years later. Tough grinds make the reward more worth it.

Well I have what 7 tier 10s. Barely play any of them. Ground them to be in CW, now have a job that I can't do CW.

Beta Testers
368 posts
234 battles

In tanks, T8 really was the wall that most people hit.  It was the time when EXP and Credit costs started getting high -- it wasn't until missions, discounts, and personal missions were introduced that these costs were really defrayed for people purely grinding through the tech tree.  We have some of the missions in WoWS at the moment, though it is by no means equivalent at the moment.  Give WG time -- they've already experimented with missions, and we should eventually see some coming (maybe ones they figure out how to deal with the translation issues from Russian to English...)

Of course, premium time and ships also sped the process... but require additional... work.

30,523 posts
6,106 battles

Hey never said would be easy or always fun.

[PPNA1]
[PPNA1]
Beta Testers
2,229 posts
29,229 battles

In tanks, T8 really was the wall that most people hit.  It was the time when EXP and Credit costs started getting high -- it wasn't until missions, discounts, and personal missions were introduced that these costs were really defrayed for people purely grinding through the tech tree.  We have some of the missions in WoWS at the moment, though it is by no means equivalent at the moment.  Give WG time -- they've already experimented with missions, and we should eventually see some coming (maybe ones they figure out how to deal with the translation issues from Russian to English...)

Of course, premium time and ships also sped the process... but require additional... work.

Unless Missions start giving out Premium Vessels(for 30-45 missions accomplished)/Time or 10X the current credit/free XP amount I don't see those affecting the grind/game economy at all. Currently most missions don't even cover your repair cost in T7-T8 vessels.
Edited by Cpt_VictorHenry_USN

[CLOVR]
Beta Testers
3,667 posts
1,637 battles

Leo PTA says Hi! As much as I hate this crap ship/tank thing, it forces me to buy premium vehicles, grind credits, convert exp or suffer. And they do need to make their cash, I give em that.

I did not like the Izumo at all during last round, cannot imagine grinding that sucker now....

Beta Testers
368 posts
234 battles

Unless Missions start giving out Premium Vessels(for 30-45 missions accomplished)/Time or 10X the current credit/free XP amount I don't see those affecting the grind/game economy at all. Currently most missions don't even cover your repair cost in T7-T8 vessels.

When the WoT missions first came out, they were giving things like +100k credits a day, or +25% credits earned.  Nowadays, personal missions give huge boosts in the amount of credits a player can make while playing regularly.

As I said, the current WoWS missions aren't quite equivalent, but at least we're seeing them, and WG has already experimented with event missions.  It should certainly help with the costs for people just grinding.

[PPNA1]
[PPNA1]
Beta Testers
2,229 posts
29,229 battles

When the WoT missions first came out, they were giving things like +100k credits a day, or +25% credits earned.  Nowadays, personal missions give huge boosts in the amount of credits a player can make while playing regularly.

As I said, the current WoWS missions aren't quite equivalent, but at least we're seeing them, and WG has already experimented with event missions.  It should certainly help with the costs for people just grinding.

That's the whole problem, WOWS mission currently give 20-50K credits when they should give +300-500K credits a day to make them equivalent with WOT missions(given the 3.75 credit multiplier between WOT and WOWS). The +20%(should be +50% to keep up with the +50% XP flag) credit flag is the only flag that you get in singles instead of 10s when you achieve the medal(which should come with a credit/XP boost when they get accomplished btw), WG is making it very hard for players to make credits especially now that T6/7/8 Premium vessels are temporarily unavailable for sale.

Beta Testers
2,420 posts
1,809 battles

That's the whole problem, WOWS mission currently give 20-50K credits when they should give +300-500K credits a day to make them equivalent with WOT missions(given the 3.75 credit multiplier between WOT and WOWS). The +20%(should be +50% to keep up with the +50% XP flag) credit flag is the only flag that you get in singles instead of 10s when you achieve the medal(which should come with a credit/XP boost when they get accomplished btw), WG is making it very hard for players to make credits especially now that T6/7/8 Premium vessels are temporarily unavailable for sale.

They're probably trying to slow our progression through the game to buy themselves more time to add new content.

Wot has plenty of content, so they feel more confident with bigger rewards.

Just give it some time.

Beta Testers
368 posts
234 battles

You completely miss the point: the missions are coming -- WG has already tested them in the Closed Beta, so just be patient.

[PPNA1]
[PPNA1]
Beta Testers
2,229 posts
29,229 battles

You completely miss the point: the missions are coming -- WG has already tested them in the Closed Beta, so just be patient.

The point is WG is not doing things fast enough with regard to making missions rewarding, and is even taking step backward that slows down player credit income(removal of  high tier premium ships). Missions we have now are as unrewarding as CBT missions, so what "rewarding Missions(unless you are talking about the Space ship weekend)" did WG test during Closed Beta that I didn't know of(played CBT from March to June)?

Edited by Cpt_VictorHenry_USN

Sign in to follow this