Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Naimensoe

thoughts about secondary guns on bbs

6 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
4 posts
2,060 battles

For tl;dr, buff the range of secoundary guns on bb.

This have bugged me since CBT, give me so much frustration that i can't let it go anymore, i will be appreciated if some nice guy repost this on suggest forum :)

So the thing I have with secondary guns is their shooting range, as we know those boomstiks that makes bbs looks terrifying, have actually same caliber as main guns on a cruiser, but they only shoot at a distance around 5km, heck the yamato have mogami's main guns as secoundary, yet it shoots it at 7km distance. Which pretty much puts any bbs in disadvantage in a fire exchange with cruisers, espacially those equipped with trops, as a bb must pray to RNG god on a succesfull instant kill salvo, if that fail the bb is pretty much gonna lose 1/4 to 1/5 of it's hp and put repair on countdown, even if bb hits cruiser with it's salvo with no citidal hits, it's takes at least 4 salvos (assume they all hits, which is unlikly), this looks like balanced, but in practice in the 8-12km of distance, u are likely to hit with 2 shoots form each salvo and those curisers just rain down fire on u, the  bbs can't even escape as they are slower ( heck the kawachi can even be kited with it's crapmain gun range).

So as far as i can see from this, the balance concept of bbs>cruisers don't really apply(bbs is pretty much that fat kid u bullied in elementary right now, everything can pick on it with small consequence). So what i think would fix this situation is to double the firing range of secondary on bbs, if u think thats unbalanced u can even double or 4 double the inaccuracy, as long as they shoot in a reasonable distance, they will eventually hit things. Even if those guns are used as a totally defensive measure, then plz let them shoot at the incomming trops, that will put them to some use at least........

thoughts?:honoring:

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,152 posts
1,454 battles

For tl;dr, buff the range of secoundary guns on bb.

This have bugged me since CBT, give me so much frustration that i can't let it go anymore, i will be appreciated if some nice guy repost this on suggest forum :)

So the thing I have with secondary guns is their shooting range, as we know those boomstiks that makes bbs looks terrifying, have actually same caliber as main guns on a cruiser, but they only shoot at a distance around 5km, heck the yamato have mogami's main guns as secoundary, yet it shoots it at 7km distance. Which pretty much puts any bbs in disadvantage in a fire exchange with cruisers, espacially those equipped with trops, as a bb must pray to RNG god on a succesfull instant kill salvo, if that fail the bb is pretty much gonna lose 1/4 to 1/5 of it's hp and put repair on countdown, even if bb hits cruiser with it's salvo with no citidal hits, it's takes at least 4 salvos (assume they all hits, which is unlikly), this looks like balanced, but in practice in the 8-12km of distance, u are likely to hit with 2 shoots form each salvo and those curisers just rain down fire on u, the  bbs can't even escape as they are slower ( heck the kawachi can even be kited with it's crapmain gun range).

So as far as i can see from this, the balance concept of bbs>cruisers don't really apply(bbs is pretty much that fat kid u bullied in elementary right now, everything can pick on it with small consequence). So what i think would fix this situation is to double the firing range of secondary on bbs, if u think thats unbalanced u can even double or 4 double the inaccuracy, as long as they shoot in a reasonable distance, they will eventually hit things. Even if those guns are used as a totally defensive measure, then plz let them shoot at the incomming trops, that will put them to some use at least........

thoughts?:honoring:

Is your range accounting for upgrades and skills?

Beta Testers
2,420 posts
1,809 battles

In my experience, they're useless on some bb's, awesome when upgraded on others.

Beta Testers
1,413 posts
454 battles

The range should be at least double, as for shooting torps not a fan of that at all.  Torps don't actually skim the surface they are set to the run at depths of 3-10m below the surface, shell fire is highly improbable to be effective on them.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
4 posts
2,060 battles

The range should be at least double, as for shooting torps not a fan of that at all.  Torps don't actually skim the surface they are set to the run at depths of 3-10m below the surface, shell fire is highly improbable to be effective on them.

yeah, i can see the stop trops thing isn't gonna work, but at least they are trying, as a desperate solution, just like those films where they shoot trops with rifles :P still better than nothing tho, more bam bam is always good 

[DISST]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,035 posts

often times they dont even fire  had games where  dds torp me and they dont fire once.

Sign in to follow this