Critter8

ShipComrade.com (World of Warships Fansite) : Updated 01/23/17

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

91 posts in this topic

Its kind of what FTR was to tanks. So thank you! :honoring:

Not sure what FTR is. I also own the sister domains for this one. (ShipComrade.com, TankComrade.com, PlaneComrade.com) The plan is once this one gets to the point where its growing well with more features & improvements is to use the same template for Tanks & Planes. Tanks will take some serious work (many more Tanks compared to Ships, why i started Ships 1st)

Kinda bummed on the EU announcement. A lot more posters over there. Without a Pin it disappears fast into the pages. Someone moved it this morning into the Fan zone location without a pin or a comment. So, I am not expecting many of the English speaking EU users to join us. :(

kindda a bummer though, the hope was to bring us together.

FTR was for the record, a site much like yours but for world of tanks, it is a good thing to be sure, and I wish success upon you.

Thanks Critter8 for a great new resource site! Hope everything runs smoothly and good luck to you!

FTR was for the record, a site much like yours but for world of tanks, it is a good thing to be sure, and I wish success upon you.

It wasn't all that similar. FTR was just a blog written by a guy who was able to get access to all sorts of happenings in mostly WoT and Wargaming as a whole. It was a little sensationalist at times, but the news posts were very appreciated and surprisingly in depth. It was the main bridge between the RU server stuff and the English speakers due to the translation effort, and was a main hub for any info leaks from the developer offices or testing builds. It's been passed on to RitaGamer on her StatusReport blog.

What Critter seems to have here is a repository of just about anything you need to be in the know without many subjective distractions.

FTR was just a blog written by a guy who was able to get access to all sorts of happenings in mostly WoT and Wargaming as a whole.

I think I might have that..sounded very possible when talking to the Wargaming staff here on the NA division (unless I read it wrong). Between that, and the ability to read all warship dev forum posts, no matter what language it is in via my Red Tracker (which you all can too). I'm convinced we can all be more informed. Their is so much more forum activity going on over in Russia than here. And I am somewhat sure, if the information is coming from there, it's probably effecting us. It is a Russian company. I could be wrong.

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if NA Wargaming staff here on this forum are not using the Red Tracker to see what their Russian & EU colleagues are talking to Customers about.

I have to agree with what some people who have posted. Information is kind of lacking on NA side. You can tell by following the Red Tracker, Staff levels are not created equal when it comes to NA vs EU vs RU. Not even close. To me, NA is doing the best they can to keep us all informed with the information they are given. Hopefully, what I created can bridge that information divide.

One more thing, The Red Tracker isn't always 100%, It is only translating the Post Title to minimize server load. So if the title is a single word in another language, it might freak and just give it a random language. Fixing them as fast as they pop up though. Will keep tweaking it. If that happens, just click the source icon for the non translated page.

Gave you a shoutout :) 

Thank You so much IChase for your support.

Have you considered using elite rather than (or in addition to) stock ship stats?

Great job putting all this together, but could you work on your CSS a little? The site does not scale well with larger higher resolution monitors, and teh text is a but hard to read. IDK about anyone else but the gray on black writing really strains my eyes. Otherwise amazing job!!

Excellent job, the fantsite still needs some work to be done such as the misleading historical information on the Izumo(looks pretty modern similar to the yamato to be a 1890s built armored cruiser), anyways keep up the work, site has potential, I loving what Im seeing so far.

but could you work on your CSS a little? The site does not scale well with larger higher resolution monitors.

I have only tested up too 1080P, what resolution are you referring too? Please note, unlike some other sites, the same page scales for desktop, tablet or mobile. No separate sites for each device.

teh text is a but hard to read. IDK about anyone else but the gray on black writing really strains my eyes. 

Which text are you referring too? Will get it fixed. The module text hopefully will be updated this weekend. Not sure who at Wargaming decided to put yellow & black text on the same transparent block, but its just hard too read. Looking to upgrade the module system to a database driven module system soon. 

Excellent job, the fantsite still needs some work to be done such as the misleading historical information on the Izumo(looks pretty modern similar to the yamato to be a 1890s built armored cruiser).

Thanks for pointing this out, Will get it updated.

Really appreciate the feedback (positive or negative). This Website/Portal was built for the all the fans, not just me.

Please note, Working on getting the Mod Directory done next. Looking for mod submissions over on our forums. Mods with screenshots preferred. (No Cheats Please)

Also opened up a forum section for YouTube video submissions. So share your videos with the community, If they really rock, we might just add it to the Ship Tree Directory. 

Thanks again all for your support.

The text that I personally have trouble reading is the text for the various ships, I find the format that you used for say the patch notes much easier to read but this is just my personal opinion.

I am currently running at 1900x1200 which i thought was basically what many people ran their monitors at nowadays  https://i.imgur.com/XCWbQP4.jpg

Text on ship modules/stats, is that what your referring too? I totally agree, will be replacing all that really soon (new patch). 

The module color scheme could use a tweak personally not a fan of the blue lettering on gray background, but I was originally referring to the gray on black letting of the historical significance

Posted Ship Reveal of the 7 New test Ships.

[EDIT] requested to be removed. sorry all.

Edited by Critter8

Added:

Twitch Integration:

(main page) Up to 6 Random LIVE streams of World of Warships. Featured YouTube personality's prioritized over random.

Forum Contest Block:

(main page) Current NA Forum Contests. 

Launch: 07/03/2015 12:00PM (Noon) EST

(Live Now)

ShipComrade.com

News/Main:

Latest Announcements, News, Discussion & Guides/Gameplay Videos related to nothing but World of Warships.

Red Tracker:

A searchable log of all Developer forum posts titles from NA, EA & RU integrated with Google translate (a way to bring all of us together and for fans to see what the entire company's vision is for the future) . Majority in NA, don't speak other languages. So they tend to not know unless "NA" announces it. And there is a lot of discussions going on about the game we love.

Ship Trees:

Clickable ship trees with screenshots, some historical information & cataloged ship guides/gameplay videos from Wargaming & select YouTube personalities. 

Works well in most platforms, including mobile.  

This launch is just the beginning, We have many more plans to add features and improvements in the near future. 

I would personally like to thank the NA Developers for their support & assistance on this project. I would also like to thank the YouTube contributors for their support & excellent videos. Currently almost 200 guides/gameplay videos in the ship tree library with more coming every day. Without you all, this site wouldn't have been possible.

[EDIT 7/12]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Added:

Mod Section:

Fan made Mod's & Skin's.

Patch Note Log:

Running log of patch notes giving fans the ability to look at current patch notes & prior patch notes. 

Will continue to improve these pages. Wanted to at least get the information out there.

[EDIT 7/25]

Added:

Twitch Integration:

(main page) Up to 6 Random LIVE streams of World of Warships. Featured YouTube personality's prioritized over random.

Forum Contest Block:

(main page) Current NA Forum Contests. 

These new features are available on screen resolutions of 1024px or greater. Mobile coming soon.

If you all like what you see, please Reply, Share, Like & Tweet to grow this new extension to our community.

Nice site,   enjoyed using it and have BM'ed.

I see in the patch log which I think is a great idea that we have been living with this miserable 4.0 patch for a month today.  Perhaps sometime we will get a new patch that adds some value to the players in terms of fixing their issues as opposed to fixing the smoke on funnels.   Does anybody have info that tells what the cadence for major releases which actually try to fix things in the game is?