Critter8

ShipComrade.com (World of Warships Fansite) : Updated 01/23/17

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

89 posts in this topic

Launch: 07/03/2015 12:00PM (Noon) EST

(Live Now)

ShipComrade.com

News/Main:

Latest Announcements, News, Discussion & Guides/Gameplay Videos related to nothing but World of Warships. 

Red Tracker:

A searchable log of all Developer/Staff forum posts titles from NA, EA, RU & Asia integrated with Google translate (a way to bring all of us together and for fans to see what the entire company's vision is for the future) .

Player Leaderboards:

Player Leaderboards that currently ranks by 22 different rankings. (NA & EU so far)

Ship Trees:

Clickable Ship trees with screenshots, detailed Ship stats with clickable modules integrated with Wargaming's API & Ship guides/gameplay videos from Wargaming & select YouTube personalities cataloged by Ship. 

Mod Section:

Fan made Mod's & Skin's.

Patch Note Log:

Running log of patch notes giving fans the ability to look at current patch notes & prior patch notes. 

Twitch & ShipComrade.TV:

(main page) Up to 6 Random LIVE streams of World of Warships. ShipComrade.TV page that simulcasts the current #1 Warships Streamer and also lists up to 20 other Live Warships streamers. Website Contributors prioritized over random.

Captain Skill Calculator.

Hello all, over the weekend I finished up a new Captain Skill Calculator. This will allow you to plan out your skill points and share your builds with others. To share your build, copy the blue "Build URL" link after your build is set. You can adjust the max captain points using the plus or minus buttons to match what your captain's current level is.

http://ShipComrade.com/SkillCalc

An (already done) build URL:

http://shipcomrade.com/skillcalc/11010001001100001100000000

Player leaderboard

shipcalc1.jpg

------------------------------[EDIT] 06/01/2016

Pushed a major update to our player leaderboards.

http://ShipComrade.com/LeaderBoard.asp

Added Random Battles (Overall, Solo, Div2 & Div3) to the Game Type filter along with the Ranked seasons.

Search your name to add it to the listings (name has to be searched to be added).

You can Rank by any combination of the Rank filters (Server, Game Type, Stat & Ship/All Ships). No limit on Rank (no top 100). If you rank last, it will show you that you rank last. This will allow you to watch your rank go up or down no matter where you rank.

Auto-Updates happen every 24 hours since last update. To force a manual update, just search your name (manual update is limited to once every 30 minutes).

Click on a player (line) to view the player detail. Player detail includes top 20 ships ranked by selected stat & game type along with the stats by ship. Rank filters also work on the detail page. So you can switch ranking even on detail page.

On detail page you can also do a player compare. Add a second name and click the magnifying class to search. It will show both players so you can compare. You can also switch rank filters while comparing players.

This is just the start. If you have suggestions or find a bug, please let us know. Enjoy!

Critter8

P.S. currently limited to NA & EU servers atm.

ranked_wships.jpg

ranked_compare1.jpg

Much more coming. If you all like what you see, please Reply, Share, Like & Tweet to grow this new extension to our community.

Edited by Critter8

This is awesome! Thanks so much for putting this together!

Pretty sweet.

One quick improvement that'd be nice is to display the stats of the specific modules when looking at a ship in the tech tree. Perhaps looking similar to the hover-over text in game. Perhaps even allow you to select which modules to mount so as to see how the stats change with multiple modules mounted.

Kudos on this comprehensive website! Any way I can get the Red Tracker as an RSS feed/ live bookmark?

One quick improvement that'd be nice is to display the stats of the specific modules when looking at a ship in the tech tree. Perhaps looking similar to the hover-over text in game. Perhaps even allow you to select which modules to mount so as to see how the stats change with multiple modules mounted.

For Sure. Currently trying to arrange for some more feeds with Wargaming. As often as that information changes from patch to patch x amount of ships, it would be a massive undertaking to try and do it manually. But, as the site grows. Maybe I can hire some more help if I'm forced too do it manually.

Also, asking about a player stats feed. would love to do Player Rankings.

Now,

The next immediate step is to get this information out to the EU community. NA users cannot post over there, and new accounts have limits on posting (10 min post to pvt msg wargaming, 24 hours to create forum post) . 

Many of our YouTube personalities are from the EU.

This website was built to hopefully bring us all together (English Speaking), instead of cutting us off from each other like we currently are "Regional Servers". Especially when it comes to discussion (Red Tracker). How often do you think Fans & Division Staff cross read all 3 forums (NA, EU, Russian)? Believe me when I tell you, there is a lot more being discussed about the game we love then you could ever imagine. 

I have tried to contact some wargaming staff over in EU via Twitter, but have been unsuccessful. Anyone have a staff contact over there? @ShipComrade

By the way, we are giving away 3000 doubloons to 2 lucky people as part of our launch (Ends 7/11). More information on ShipComrade.com.

As one contest entry said "For The Gold!" 

Now,

The next immediate step is to get this information out to the EU community. NA users cannot post over there, and new accounts have limits on posting (10 min post to pvt msg wargaming, 24 hours to create forum post) . 

Many of our YouTube personalities are from the EU.

This website was built to hopefully bring us all together (English Speaking), instead of cutting us off from each other like we currently are "Regional Servers". Especially when it comes to discussion (Red Tracker). How often do you think Fans & Division Staff cross read all 3 forums (NA, EU, Russian)? Believe me when I tell you, there is a lot more being discussed about the game we love then you could ever imagine. 

I have tried to contact some wargaming staff over in EU via Twitter, but have been unsuccessful. Anyone have a staff contact over there? @ShipComrade

By the way, we are giving away 3000 doubloons to 2 lucky people as part of our launch (Ends 7/11). More information on ShipComrade.com.

As one contest entry said "For The Gold!" 

I can post it to EU for ya :)

[EDIT] http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/18577-shipcomradecom-world-of-warships-fansite/

Your Awesome IChase, thank you so much again for your help and your videos.

Now to see if we can get it pinned. ...crosses fingers

I like it so far. Seems like the perfect marriage between the forum, WoWs main site, and player thought process...good work.

my only suggestion so far is maybe try to put some sort of outline or background on the WoWs logo on the right hand side...kind of hard to see against the metal background of that panel.

my only suggestion so far is maybe try to put some sort of outline or background on the WoWs logo on the right hand side...kind of hard to see against the metal background of that panel.

Actually, that is on purpose. It is supposed to look like the logo is a metal stamp onto the steel plate behind it. If you mouse over it, it turns into a big button. Messed with that thing for hours, just looked too crammed with a border/background behind it.

Thank you all so much for the feedback and support so far, keep it coming :)

[Edit] Found a different logo. what ya think?

Edited by Critter8

Nice, been looking everywhere for a site that i can look at stat on ship. Thx!

Suggestion tho, make upgrade clickable so we can see how a ship performe once fully upgraded.

And overall esthetics need some work.

Functionality is good tho! Keep it up.

Ive been waiting for a site like this. Its kind of what FTR was to tanks. So thank you! :honoring: