Quaffer

List of Mouse and Keyboard Commands

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

50 posts in this topic

What is the key to show/hide player names above ships during battle? 

MOVE_LEFT A Turn to Port 
MOVE_RIGHT D Turn to Starboard
    Release the A or the D key and the rudder will return to amid ships.

CRUISE_SPEED_UP  W W and S are your engine telegraph keys. Use to set Full, 3/4, 1/2, 1/4, Stop, Back commands
CRUISE_SPEED_DOWN S  

CRUISE_ANGLE_RIGHT  E Hold starboard turn, press twice for hold hard starboard.
CRUISE_ANGLE_LEFT Q Hold port turn, press twice for hold hard port.
CRUISE_ANGLE_0  Undefined Steady so, aka rudder amid ships. The command is currently unavailable in settings.  Tap rudder keys or tap E or Q to restore midships.

SWITCH_ATBA_AIRDEFENSE                         P Toggles Secondaries on/off. The command is currently unavailable in settings.

ART_CAMERA    [shift] Toggles zoom to full binoculars and no zoom
AHEAD_CAMERA                                       V Does not seem to function
TRACK_OBJECT_CAMERA                                         Z Camera follows currently selected flight of planes, shells on the way, torpedoes on the way; an amusing distraction.
MAP_CAMERA_MOVE [Right Mouse][Left Ctrl]  

Zoom level [scroll Mouse Wheel]  

SHOOT [Left Mouse]  
                                                          Click fire one gun
  Double Click fire all guns that can bear on target
                                                          Click and hold fire all guns that can bear on target in ripple fire.

[Ctrl][Left Mouse] Sets priority target for secondaries and AA

CINEMATIC SHOOT  [Middle Mouse] fire one gun and shift to shell tracking camera.  Useful to establish lead required.

ACTION [Right Mouse] Overview mode. Third person view zoomed out behind ship. Moving mouse rotates camera heading. Return to previous zoomed ziew upon release.  Guns and torpedoes do not change their orientation in this mode.

These keys will switch between AP shells, HE shells and torpedoes

ARTILLERY_AMMO_0 1 Selects primaries High Explosive (detonates on impact)
ARTILLERY_AMMO_1  2 Selects primaries Armored Piercing (penetrates armor and explodes inside hull, maybe)
TORPEDOES_ANGLE 3 Selects torpedoes and Alternates between two torpedo spreads

FIXING_TARGET_POSITION X Acquires/Releases guns target lock. Turns on lead assist for torpedoes.

ABSOLUTE_GUNS_LOCK [Left Shift] X Locks guns on cursor location relative to the map.  Guns will turn to keep lock.
RELATIVE_GUNS_LOCK [Left Ctrl] X Locks guns on cursor location relative to your ship. Guns will not rotate after they have moved to this position

TACTICAL_MAP M  

AUTOPILOT FIRST WAY POINT [Left Mouse]  
AUTOPILOT Subsequent WAY POINT [Left Shift][Left Mouse] Five way points permitted. More may be added as the initial ones are used.

Aircraft Carriers    
CARRIER_SELECT 1  
SQUADRON_0 2  
SQUADRON_1 3  
SQUADRON_2 4  
SQUADRON_3 5  
SQUADRON_4 6  
SQUADRON_5 7  
SQUADRON_6 8  
SQUADRON_7 9  
SQUADRON_8 0  
LAND_LAUNCH F  
ORDER_AIRPLANES [Left Mouse]  
DESELECT_AIRPLANES [Right Mouse]  
MAP_PLANE_ORDER_MOVE [Left Mouse]  
SELECT_NEXT_AIRPLANE [Left Ctrl] [Tab]  
SELECT_ALL_AIRPLANES [Left Ctrl] A  

MAP_SHOW_PLANES [  
MAP_SHOW_DEAD ]  
MAP_RECT_ATTENTION [Left Mouse] or [Left Ctrl] [Left Mouse]  

for mini-map    

MAP_SCALE_PLUS "= or NUMPAD +  
MAP_SCALE_MINUS "- or NUMPAD -  

FREE_CURSOR [Left Ctrl]   

HELP F1 You must hold the F1 key and use your mouse to select one of the other three help screens.

GAME_STATS [Tab] Gives you a list of players and shows if they are sunk or afloat and kills in current battle
STATS [Left Ctrl] [Tab]   

ICONS [Left Alt] or [Left Alt][NumPad Enter] Alternative Battle Interface Mode. Shows player Name, Hit points, Range, Shell Travel Time as an icon above ships.  [Alt]Appears while Alt is held down. [Alt][NumPad Enter] Toggle, press [Enter] again to cancel chat message. Can be permanently turned on in Settings Controls.

CENTERCAMERA [space] Centers the camera on the carrier, when in carrier plan view.

Consumables    

Consumable 1  R Damage Control Party, puts out fires, stops flooding, repairs damaged modules (but not destroyed modules)

Consumable 2 T Destroyer > Smoke   |   Battle Ship > Repair Party (restores some lost hit points ~20%)    |   Cruiser > Protective Barrage if equipped with two or more multipurpose guns

Consumable 3 Y Battle Ship, Cruiser  > Scout Plane if equipped.  Players have no control of the scout, although we used to. Grrrrr. Destroyer >  Speed Boost

Consumable 4 U  

Consumable 5 I Not implemented

HIDE INTERFACE [Left Ctrl] G Hides the Hud.  Good for fancy screen shots.

CMD_ATTACK_TARGET Unassigned Highlight Target for Allies, found in weapons section of controls settings. This marks the enemy under your cursor with an inverted caret icon and sends the "priority target" message.

This command is hard coded C Manually switch camera between main battery groups.

I think the following are for demos. I've never played with them.    

FPS_CAMERA B  
FREE CAMERA [back] [Right Shift] [Right Ctrl]  
FREE_CAMERA_LIFT NUMPAD 7  
FREE_CAMERA_LAND NUMPAD 9  
FREE_CAMERA_FORWARD_XZ_ALIGNED [up Arrow]  
FREE_CAMERA_BACKWARD_XZ_ALIGNED [Down Arrow]  

I hope you find this useful.

You may also enjoy:

View Basics

Navigation Basics

Gunnery Basics

Torpedo Basics

Turret Focus

Weapon Bearing (Shift-X) (Ctrl-X) (X)

Help Screens

Current Maps

Please excuse me if I have missed the answers to these control questions:

When I am zoomed in using the scroll wheel, is there a quick way to quickly zoom out?

When I am controlling airplanes, what is the best screen to use for targeting ships?  I usually select my torpedo planes then hit the space bar.  In this view the chat commands clutter up the left side of the screen.  How do I get rid of those?

The [shift] key will toggle back and forth between your last zoom and no zoom.

As far as Airplanes go, I'm not an expert but I believe the space bar centers your view on your ship.  I'd use the Shift key to change focus  to an overhead view and pan to where your target is.  Your mouse wheel should let you adjust the zoom.

See View Basics  and look up Standard Navigation View (View 7) and Carrier Plan View (View 12).

It would probably be helpful to read one of the carrier guides. I fear I'm better with destroyers and cruisers.

Edited by Quaffer

Thank you for the list! I've been trying to figure out how to make my free camera move vertically.

I'm handicapped after a massive stroke and use a Logitech G600 MMO Gaming Mouse. Your listing has helped greatly in toward my ability to (what I believe is properly assign the commands to the G-Buttons).

Here is what I've come up with for anybody interested.

There is some duplication for ease of use in hitting dual key combinations:

LMB > unchanged > unassigned per se

RMB > unchanged > unassigned per se

RFMB 3rd mouse button particular to the G600 ( > G-Shift >Haven't identified a need for it.

Scroll Wheel L Tilt > Shift to use w/ LMB

Scroll Wheel R Tilt > M > Tactical Map Toggle

G8 > P > Toggle AA Batteries

G7 > Cntrl > Control to use w/ LMB

G9 > A > Port

G10 > W > Ahead

G11 > D > Starboard

G12 > A  > Port

G13 > S > Back

G14 > D > Starboard

G15 > R > Consumable

G16 > T > Consumable

G17 > Y > Consumable

G18 > Shift > To Use w/ Guns Lock

G19 >  X > Guns Lock / Torpedo Lead Indicator

G20 > Cntrl > To Use w/ Guns Lock

I have not assigned ny functions to the buttons utilizing the G-Shift Feature of the mouse since  I believe the carrier Squadrons may be selected utilizing the "Cntrl" + Mouse  Over + Left Click.

Please correct me if anybody feels I've missed anything as far as in game controls for any of the air or water craft in game... or if anybody by chance (never by chance LOL purposefully!!!) has a better/working G600 setup.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by Assisted_Suicide

Updated for 5.7

Added more playback and view options and Function key remarks.

Quaffer? I don't seem to be able to use the FFWD/FFRW controls during replays atm. Any ideas on where I might find the changes listed?

I will review the files for the 5.15 patch after I review the maps, there are 11 to look at this time.

I admit this thread is over due for an update.  I don't look at replays so I don't have a good way of verifying the controls.

How do I get the display that shows all ships friend and foe with their ship type,ship name,player name and the red and green bar showing ship strength during actual battle and keep that screen on Thank you

post-1002276027-0-43982900-1480894416.jp

In settings, on the controls tab, select the Alternative Battle Interface Mode.  This lasts until you deselect it.

For a temporary look press the alt key. It goes away when you release the key.

MOVE_LEFT A Turn to Port 
MOVE_RIGHT D Turn to Starboard
    Release the A or the D key and the rudder will return to amid ships.

CRUISE_SPEED_UP  W W and S are your engine telegraph keys. Use to set Full, 3/4, 1/2, 1/4, Stop, Back commands
CRUISE_SPEED_DOWN S  

CMD_MOVE_FORWARD Undefined (formerly R) Advances speed 1 knot, this command is not available through the configuration screen and must be assigned by editing the preferences file manually
CMD_MOVE_BACK Undefined (formerly F) [edited]speed 1 knot, this command is not available through the configuration screen and must be assigned by editing the preferences file manually

CRUISE_ANGLE_RIGHT  E Hold starboard turn, press twice for hold hard starboard.
CRUISE_ANGLE_LEFT Q Hold port turn, press twice for hold hard port.
CRUISE_ANGLE_0  Undefined (formerly H) Steady so, aka rudder amid ships. The command is currently unavailable in settings.  Tap rudder keys or tap E or Q to restore midships.

SWITCH_ATBA_AIRDEFENSE                         P Toggles Secondaries on/off. The command is currently unavailable in settings.

ART_CAMERA    [shift] Toggles zoom to full binoculars and no zoom
AHEAD_CAMERA                                       V Does not seem to function
TRACK_OBJECT_CAMERA                                         Z Camera follows currently selected flight of planes, shells on the way, torpedoes on the way; an amusing distraction.
MAP_CAMERA_MOVE [Right Mouse][Left Ctrl]  

Zoom level [scroll Mouse Wheel]  

SHOOT [Left Mouse]  
                                                          Click fire one gun
  Double Click fire all guns that can bear on target
                                                          Click and hold fire all guns that can bear on target in ripple fire.

[Ctrl][Left Mouse] Sets priority target for secondaries and AA

CINEMATIC SHOOT  [Middle Mouse] fire one gun and shift to shell tracking camera.  Useful to establish lead required.

ACTION [Right Mouse] Overview mode. Third person view zoomed out behind ship. Moving mouse rotates camera heading. Return to previous zoomed ziew upon release.  Guns and torpedoes do not change their orientation in this mode.

These keys will switch between AP shells, HE shells and torpedoes, when switching to torpedoes you must re-acquire target lock with "X"

ARTILLERY_AMMO_0 1 Selects primaries High Explosive (detonates on impact)
ARTILLERY_AMMO_1  2 Selects primaries Armored Piercing (penetrates armor and explodes inside hull, maybe)
TORPEDOES_ANGLE 3 Selects torpedoes and Alternates between two torpedo spreads

FIXING_TARGET_POSITION X Acquires/Releases guns target lock. Turns on lead assist for torpedoes.

ABSOLUTE_GUNS_LOCK [Left Shift] X Locks guns on cursor location relative to the map.  Guns will turn to keep lock.
RELATIVE_GUNS_LOCK [Left Ctrl] X Locks guns on cursor location relative to your ship. Guns will not rotate after they have moved to this position

TACTICAL_MAP M  

AUTOPILOT FIRST WAY POINT [Left Mouse]  
AUTOPILOT Subsequent WAY POINT [Left Shift][Left Mouse] Five way points permitted. More may be added as the initial ones are used.

Aircraft Carriers    
CARRIER_SELECT 1  
SQUADRON_0 2  
SQUADRON_1 3  
SQUADRON_2 4  
SQUADRON_3 5  
SQUADRON_4 6  
SQUADRON_5 7  
SQUADRON_6 8  
SQUADRON_7 9  
SQUADRON_8 0  
LAND_LAUNCH F  
ORDER_AIRPLANES [Left Mouse]  
DESELECT_AIRPLANES [Right Mouse]  
MAP_PLANE_ORDER_MOVE [Left Mouse]  
SELECT_NEXT_AIRPLANE [Left Ctrl] [Tab]  
SELECT_ALL_AIRPLANES [Left Ctrl] A  

MAP_SHOW_PLANES [  
MAP_SHOW_DEAD ]  
MAP_RECT_ATTENTION [Left Mouse] or [Left Ctrl] [Left Mouse]  

for mini-map    

MAP_SCALE_PLUS "= or NUMPAD +  
MAP_SCALE_MINUS "- or NUMPAD -  

FREE_CURSOR [Left Ctrl]   

HELP F1 You must hold the F1 key and use your mouse to select one of the other three help screens.

GAME_STATS [Tab] Gives you a list of players and shows if they are sunk or afloat and kills in current battle
STATS [Left Ctrl] [Tab]   

ICONS [Left Alt] or [Left Alt][NumPad Enter] Alternative Battle Interface Mode. Shows player Name, Hit points, Range, Shell Travel Time as an icon above ships.  [Alt]Appears while Alt is held down. [Alt][NumPad Enter] Toggle, press enter again to cancel chat message. Can be permanently turned on in Settings Controls.

Consumables    

Consumable 1  R Damage Control Party, puts out fires, stops flooding, repairs damaged modules (but not destroyed modules)

Consumable 2 T Destroyer > Smoke   |   Battle Ship > Repair Party (restores some lost hit points ~20%)    |   Cruiser > Protective Barrage if equipped with two or more multipurpose guns

Consumable 3 Y Battle Ship, Cruiser  > Scout Plane if equipped.  Players have no control of the scout, although we used to. Grrrrr. Destroyer >  Speed Boost

Consumable 4 U  

Consumable 5 I Not implemented

HIDE INTERFACE [Left Ctrl] G Hides the Hud.  Good for fancy screen shots.

Camera position switch C Manually switch camera between main battery groups.

CENTERCAMERA [space] Centers the camera on the carrier, when in carrier plan view.

For when you've entered spectator mode    
Next Ship [Right Mouse]  
Previous Ship [Left Mouse]  
Track Friendly Object under cursor [space] This is fun to watch airplanes attack the enemy.
Enter Free Look Mode [Left Shift]  
Forward [up Arrow]  
Back [Down Arrow]  
Pan Left [Left Arrow]  
Pan Right [Right Arrow]  
Change Angle Mouse  

FPS_CAMERA B  
FREE CAMERA [back] [Right Shift] [Right Ctrl]  
FREE_CAMERA_LIFT NUMPAD 7  
FREE_CAMERA_LAND NUMPAD 9  
FREE_CAMERA_FORWARD_XZ_ALIGNED [up Arrow]  
FREE_CAMERA_BACKWARD_XZ_ALIGNED [Down Arrow]  

CMD_REPLAY_FREE_CAMERA [Left Mouse]  
CMD_REPLAY_INCREASE_SPEED [Page Up]  
CMD_REPLAY_DECREASE_SPEED [Page Down]  
CMD_REPLAY_NORMAL_SPEED [Home]  
CMD_REPLAY_PAUSE [End]  
CMD_REPLAY_FAST_FORWARD [.]  
CMD_REPLAY_REWIND [,]  
CMD_REPLAY_FAST_FORWARD_X2 [Left Ctrl][.]  
CMD_REPLAY_REWIND_X2 [Left Ctrl][,]  

Communications Functions Audible    
CMD_QUICK_TACTIC F3 Highlight Target for Allies, found in weapons section of controls settings. This marks the enemy under your cursor with an inverted caret icon and sends the "priority target" message.
CMD_QUICK_THANK_YOU F4 Thanks. You've been swell.
CMD_QUICK_AYE_AYE F5 I understand and will comply.
CMD_QUICK_NO_WAY F6 I ain't doing that! You're being silly.
CMD_QUICK_NEED_SUPPORT F7 It would be great if you would work with me here.
CMD_QUICK_SOS F8 Help, or tell my mom I love her.
CMD_QUICK_GOOD_GAME F9 We done good.
CMD_QUICK_GOOD_LUCK F10 May the seven mad gods that rule the sea look favorably on our endeavors.
CMD_QUICK_CARAMBA F11 I am annoyed and my computer is going to attempt caustic banter.

I hope you find this useful.

You may also enjoy:

View Basics

Navigation Basics

Gunnery Basics

Torpedo Basics

Turret Focus

Weapon Bearing (Shift-X) (Ctrl-X) (X)

Help Screens

So you want to buy a new ship
Current Maps

I have a REVISED Keyboard controls which differ from yours:

In regards to the playback controls..some of the info here is obsolete.  heres what I have unless mines superceeded LOL!
Anyways..the replay will play...keys to control replay are:
HOME - replay at normal speed
END - replay at the SLOWEST speed. You cannot pause..just go the slowest.
INSERT - Speed up the replay
DELETE - slow down the replay

To detach your view from the fixed view - click in the center with left mouse button.
Hit together right CTRL and SHIFT on bottom lower right..while pressed down hit BACKSPACE
You are detached and now can roam while your in battle. Do this in normal speed as if its too slow you may not see what you are doing.
Okay - on the number keypad.
7 will make you elevate
9 will make you lower
4 will rotate left
6 will rotate right
5 tilt down
8 tilt up
pageup or number key 1=  zoom in
pagedn or number key 3 = zoom out

Arrow keys:
left - pan left
right - pan right
up - forward
down - reverse back

I also noticed when using FREECAM that if I used  the < or > or , or  . (same keys) that then the ESC key would not work to terminate the REPLAY. In the past those keys would lock up the replay other than the sound but that was a few revisions before. 

Hi:

I use the Iowa and I have not been able to figure out how to "Highlight the Target" command, any help would be appreciated

I could have sworn I listed this in one of my guides, but maybe not.

In order to Highlight an enemy you have to lock them.

1. First get into range.
  2. Hover your targeting cursor over them until they lock, or put your cursor on them and press the X key.
  3. Press F3.

I'm told some people are having trouble with this in the 6.3 patch so you may be doing everything right and still not highlight the enemy.  You will know when you get it right. An icon shows up above the enemy ship.

Updated for 6.3 commands.  I know 6.4 came out today but I doubt much has changed.

I am on release 0.6.4.0 and haven't played for a few months, until yesterday.  All of my previously mapped commands had been reset, and now I can't get them the way I want -- specifically for steering.

I don't like using A & D for steering, preferring instead Arrow Left and Arrow Right; however, when I map those keys for Left and Right, the rudder sticks.  For example: I tap the Left Arrow key once, and the rudder turns to the 1/2 indicator and stays.  The same when turning right.  Two taps and the rudder holds in the maximum position for the turn.  Before this, I could steer with the arrow keys and, when I released a key, the rudder would self center.

Is there any way I can map the arrow keys for proper steering, or do I have to now train myself to use A & D?  I hope it's not staying with A & D, because of how I position my keyboard for playing.

I use ASDF QR.  It's never been a problem for me.

A: Port rudder

S: Slow one setting

D: Fast one setting

F: Starboard rudder

Q: Half rudder, full rudder Port

R: Half rudder, full rudder Starboard.

H: consumable 1

J: consumable 2

K: consumable 3

L: consumable 4

; : consumable 5

I do that because it keeps my fingers comfortable on the main row.  I have always hated WASD.

post-1002276027-0-20267100-1492815512.jp

The settings you want for the Arrow keys are Hard to Port (Left), Hard to Starboard (Right). The default is shown as A and D.

The Starboard and Port settings are actually for the cruise control.  (Q and E) That's the set and hold rudder feature.  I have never agreed with WarGaming's use of "Hard to" in the rudder controls as I always think of that as "Put the rudder all the way to the stop".  But it's not my game so I didn't get to name the functions.  I sympathize with your confusion.