You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mudman24

Reseting cap without doing damage

14 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
196 posts
575 battles

I was just in a match in my Kuma and I was on the enemy cap with it half full.  2 bombers engaged me and I shot 1 plane down without taking any damage when they dropped the bombs.  I was very happy to have dodged them but when I looked at the cap it was way down at about 20% even though I was 100% health.  Do I not understand the capping conditions in this game?

Beta Testers
196 posts
575 battles

I was going to upload the replay but I see we don't have a replay folder. And no I was not taking screen shots when it was happening.

Members
3,243 posts
1,579 battles

I have to ask if it did any module damage.  If it didn't, them I'm absolutely dumbfounded because I haven't ever seen that.

Beta Testers
122 posts
1,464 battles

I've had it happen both ways.  I think any hit resets, damage or not.

Beta Testers
196 posts
575 battles

I have to ask if it did any module damage.  If it didn't, them I'm absolutely dumbfounded because I haven't ever seen that.

I took 0 damage and not modules were damaged.  

[HOTEL]
[HOTEL]
Beta Testers
112 posts
7,369 battles

I took 0 damage and not modules were damaged.  

secondary and AA batteries getting knocked out count, and only show for the time it takes the normal damage numbers to disappear.

[QNA]
Beta Testers
2,121 posts

dive bombers appear to be able to do splash damage. Had my screws damaged many times, despite being on full hp.

[DEEP6]
Beta Testers
980 posts
2,310 battles

Any sort of critical damage would reset the cap and this can occur without any health loss. HE damage, which the bombs have, can damage the modules you don't even notice usually like AA/secondary guns and cause a reset.

Here is a screenshot of module damage done by the splash damage of an HE salvo. Two turrets destroyed and zero health damage taken. This would have been a reset had I been capping.

Beta Testers
91 posts
6,110 battles

Actually, I send my dive bombers to reset cap all the time and I can confirm they do reset the cap without doing damage or breaking modules. All I get is a green Defended flag. Though of course, they also 'miss entirely'.

Edited by Fog_Harbour_Hime

[DEEP6]
Beta Testers
980 posts
2,310 battles

Actually, I send my dive bombers to reset cap all the time and I can confirm they do reset the cap without doing damage or breaking modules. All I get is a green Defended flag. Though of course, they also 'miss entirely'.

Have you ever reported this as a bug?

Beta Testers
196 posts
575 battles

Well it seems that others have seen it too. So even if you work to avoid them, and do avoid them, it's not going to help you if you are capping. Good to know from now on.

Beta Testers
196 posts
575 battles

So I have seen many players say to cap when there is just a CV left but if they can auto reset doesn't it make more sense to try to find them?