Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
EHildy

Where is the Premium Bismarck?

14 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
3 posts
3,607 battles

Back in late may wargaming had promised the closed beta testers that they would release many new premiums including the Bismarck before open beta testing. Unfortunately as you can tell we have not received the Bismarck. Since we don't have i feel we should have an explanation on whats taking them longer than expected.

here is the quote 

"By OBT, we will have a whole bunch of new ships, [including the Bismark] but we cannot say more at the moment." – Vladimir Gremitskiy, head of art department, on introduction of new ships"

and here is the link 

http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/what-next-world-warships/

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,383 posts
2,928 battles

Things change a lot in three months. And the Bismarck won't be a premium. It's going to be in the KM tech tree.

Beta Testers
3 posts
3,607 battles

Well i had previously heard they were going to release the Bismarck class in the tech tree but release the Bismarck herself as the premium vessel. 

[PEPE]
Beta Testers
231 posts
1,267 battles

Would love me some Bismarck but honestly, would prefer seeing a new nation start to be filled out before we get too hectic with premium ships.

[ECOM]
Beta Testers
838 posts
11,053 battles

From a WG staff post on the EU forum:

"Note that it says "By OBT", not "By the start of OBT" (which is not here yet anyway) :trollface:

So patience. Patience. And patience :bajan:"

Meaning it could me months off yet(any time during OBT).  

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,383 posts
2,928 battles

Well i had previously heard they were going to release the Bismarck class in the tech tree but release the Bismarck herself as the premium vessel. 

The Bismarck wouldn't differ in any ways from the individual ship to the class. Sure, you'd get the credit and XP increase, as well as the commander training thing, but there would be no difference.

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

Last I heard they're releasing the Bismarck sometimes in August

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles

The Bismarck wouldn't differ in any ways from the individual ship to the class. Sure, you'd get the credit and XP increase, as well as the commander training thing, but there would be no difference.

The Commander Training thing unfortunately doesn't exist.   Can't accelerate training right now.  All you can do is gather lots and lots of XP to convert (If you to that sort of thing).

Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
11,461 posts
1,963 battles

What will happen to Bismarck hasn't been decided, which is why that part was removed by everyone other than the NA staff. 

[QAPLA]
Beta Testers
1,186 posts
4,643 battles

Bismarck should not be prem. He was the namesake of his class and shoild be availible. That is unless the wanna do a special Rhinebung Bismarck.

Tirpitz? Sure.

But not Bis.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,298 posts
6,911 battles

It's beta...things change.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles

I sure hope the Bismarck is in the Ger tech tree and not a 'premie'.

Having a Ger surname I will want some Ger ships.

The $64,000 question is - How many Bismarcks will flood the Seas once it becomes available?

Alpha Tester
405 posts
5 battles

1. camparing Bismarck and Tirpitz, there are differences in AA, displacement (=HP), radar and armor.

2. using Tirpitz 1941 as the stock Bismarck-class and Tirpitz 1944 as upgraded Bismarck-class would allow to use Bismarck 1941 as a premium, and so are their plans, thats why the Bismarck model is named "Bismarck 1941" and not "Bismarck-class", and thats why we had an "official announcement of an OBT release for "Bismarck 1941"", which is still online, and thats why we have a "coming soon" wallpaper for it, which is also still online, and thats why they have spent time and money to create the ship's model and stats, to release it in OBT and not only in 1,5 years with german techtree (thats when u will be able to play the Tirpitz variants of Bismarck-class)

3. Wargaming = a company that has to make money and Bismarck would be a very good cash cow

now let's be smart: 1.+2.+3.= "Bismarck 1941" is a premium coming during OBT,

......and that's great !

and If some people still don't like the idea of a Bismarck1941 premium, dont worry, u still can wait 1,5 years to touch this class, nothing changed for you ...

Alpha Tester
2,410 posts
2,897 battles

1. camparing Bismarck and Tirpitz, there are differences in AA, displacement (=HP), radar and armor.

2. using Tirpitz 1941 as the stock Bismarck-class and Tirpitz 1944 as upgraded Bismarck-class would allow to use Bismarck 1941 as a premium, and so are their plans, thats why the Bismarck model is named "Bismarck 1941" and not "Bismarck-class", and thats why we had an "official announcement of an OBT release for "Bismarck 1941"", which is still online, and thats why we have a "coming soon" wallpaper for it, which is also still online, and thats why they have spent time and money to create the ship's model and stats, to release it in OBT and not only in 1,5 years with german techtree (thats when u will be able to play the Tirpitz variants of Bismarck-class)

3. Wargaming = a company that has to make money and Bismarck would be a very good cash cow

now let's be smart: 1.+2.+3.= "Bismarck 1941" is a premium coming during OBT,

......and that's great !

and If some people still don't like the idea of a Bismarck1941 premium, dont worry, u still can wait 1,5 years to touch this class, nothing changed for you ...

yeah mostly this.... Only Tirpitz got the upgrades. 

I heard Aug for Bismarck's release.

Sign in to follow this