Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
userz123

This grind sucks.

18 comments in this topic

[P_P]
Beta Testers
631 posts
7,704 battles

Man it take ages now for me to even get a t4 ship! I get like 800 the most, if i get over 1000 xp in a game that's really a miracle, i get very little before they nerf xp gain cuz i suck at shooting in this game, now i get even less. Too much of a grind feast.

• Cool 1

[A-M-F]
Beta Testers
578 posts
3,090 battles

And you didn't expect that from the makers of WoT?

[RELIC]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
250 posts
1,556 battles

Man it take ages now for me to even get a t4 ship! I get like 800 the most, if i get over 1000 xp in a game that's really a miracle, i get very little before they nerf xp gain cuz i suck at shooting in this game, now i get even less. Too much of a grind feast.

GRIND HARDER

tumblr_m9hpoiBrBd1rdoa4bo1_500.gif

[ECOM]
Beta Testers
838 posts
11,053 battles

This is a WG game, it was to be expected, though its one of the worst traits of the games they make.  I honestly feel that they would get more customers if the grind wasn't so horrid, not so much at lower tiers but at higher. 

Beta Testers
958 posts
2,291 battles

It's not that it's a Wargaming product, it's that it's free to play. I actually expected it to be far longer of a grind. 

Beta Testers
2,327 posts
3,235 battles

its grindy, and its on purpose. F2P needs to earn money somehow. 

WG isnt the only dev which does this. most other game have some level of grind to get best weapons etc. 

Beta Testers
196 posts
575 battles

And you didn't expect that from the makers of WoT?

I did, but I think this is much worse than wot.  I could easily go there and go up to tier 5 quickly and painlessly (unless AMX-40).  So far though, this seems like a lot of work just to get to tier 5.  High tiers will be much more so and with the uncertain nerfs from WG it will be a calculated risk to grind a tier 10 and take a long time. 

Beta Testers
132 posts
8 battles

It doesnt help when you can't hit crapwith RNGesus screwing you over in a BB

Slam

Beta Testers
1,136 posts
4,017 battles

It's not that it's a Wargaming product, it's that it's free to play. I actually expected it to be far longer of a grind.

This. Most betas accelerate XP gains, otherwise it would be almost impossible to test end game material. Sure you could just give out the material, but then you would be skipping the intermediete steps to get there. For anybody not used to the process, it can be a bit of a shock.

Beta Testers
21 posts
7,092 battles

I don't mind the grind as long as game plays more or less OK. After update my ping is jumping from 100 to 350 and my shells are constantly flying through enemies without doing any damage. Try to grind when you can't hit anything..... And before update my ping was less but game played even worse. When I was shooting, the shells were coming out like 100 meters in front of the ship.....    I love this game so much, but now I feel bad I paid for it. The game is there but I can't play it during past month... What did I pay money for? 

I don't mind giving Wargaming $200-300 a year (like I did with WOT) if they give me quality product, but if this will not get fixed soon, beta package will be the last thing I've purchased from them.... 

Edited by KrazyUkranian

Beta Testers
126 posts
3,068 battles

To be honest, with the huge increase in prices in general. I expected the premium time bonus exp/credit to be greater. Even paying the bonus feels low.

In HOTS is 100% exp and 150% gold increase and if you are in a party is 150% exp.  WOWS is just 50% and more expensive. It isnt worth it imo.

Also wargaming uses a business mechanic i hate (you are free to disagree) I dont like being obligated to play something i dont want to. Right now i want to get to the CV line, and playing with two BBs because "**** you". Feels wrong, Im ok to play an excessive quantity of matches to buy my Shoukaku again. But making your players feels frustration and encourage them to pay to avoid that, instead of paying for something they want like a skin or ship feels cheap.

Blizzard to get my money makes thinks I want to get. I prefer that model.

Beta Testers
1,021 posts
3,578 battles

It doesnt help when you can't hit crapwith RNGesus screwing you over in a BB

Slam

You mean like firing your #1 turret but the rounds leaving the twin tube turret look like you forward turret fired one round and your aft turret fired one round and both rounds miss by bracketing the target?  Let's see now.  Anyone who drives BBs enough will eventually see this magical forward and after round trajectory - supposedly from the forward most #1 turret - where one round goes wide left and the other goes wide right to splash at opposite ends of the ship.  Or, even at close range (3km -5km), one round goes OVER a CV and the other splashes short.  Or, taking close range bow shot at an approaching DD or CL and one round goes wide left the other goes wide right even though the two tubes on the same turret are not nearly that far apart.  I understand that some divergence from the same turret is normal, especially at long range, but come on.  These examples are a bit much.

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles

Aw, OP, didums.

If you want to enjoy a lollipop you have to suck a lot.

0 posts

The grind in this game is really low compared to most multiplayer games, especially F2P ones.

The Pay to Win ones tend to be highly painful and highly extended to the extreme, unless you pay of course. 

Beta Testers
122 posts
1,464 battles

I like how everything costs a fortune myself.  I think every module is at least 200k or more.

[TCC]
Beta Testers
285 posts
9,455 battles

So far it's been a faster, shorter grind that WOT was.  I'm not going to complain.

[ONAVY]
Beta Testers
901 posts
12,827 battles

so buy premium, buy premium ships, and soon premium ammo and consumables.. grind is faster, more fun - working as intended!

Edited by KurganSPK

[ONAVY]
Beta Testers
901 posts
12,827 battles

So far it's been a faster, shorter grind that WOT was.  I'm not going to complain.

This!

Sign in to follow this