You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Gen_Patton2012

Computer question

13 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
13 posts
900 battles

looking at a new laptop with Intel my510 processor, 8 gig ram and Intel hd 5300 graphics, you guys think this will run the game at an acceptable level for a casual player? Know like Jack about computers myself :/

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,734 posts
26,570 battles

No. The graphics card is way too weak for anything but minimum settings.

[DERE]
Beta Testers
539 posts
983 battles

IF the game starts up and runs, I'd say about 15-25 fps. 30 if your lucky. All settings to lowest.

You won't be having a happy time.

Beta Testers
19,049 posts
8,128 battles

looking at a new laptop with Intel my510 processor, 8 gig ram and Intel hd 5300 graphics, you guys think this will run the game at an acceptable level for a casual player? Know like Jack about computers myself :/

No. The graphics card is way too weak for anything but minimum settings.

:great: Might be acceptable for 1980s Mario 

Members
9 posts
924 battles

What about Intel i5 processor, but only 6 gigs of RAM? I know that I can play at mid settings on War Thunder, so I'm pretty scared about this XD

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,734 posts
26,570 battles

GRAPHICS CARD. Not CPU.

You need better GRAPHICS CARD.

Intel HD integrated graphics is not going to cut it.

Laptops are inherently bad for gaming to begin with. Gaming costs a lot of processing power of both the CPU and the graphics subsystem. That creates a lot of heat. That requires significant cooling. Good cooling in a small package is incredibly expensive. So there is no such thing as an 'affordable gaming laptop'.

So here's the choice you need to make based on what matters most to you: Is portability important enough for you to give up either performance or affordability?

In other words:

Portability, performance, affordability. Pick two.

Beta Testers
65 posts
1,101 battles

Coming from someone who works in hardware with a degree, no one should be playing games on a laptop.  But that is just my opinion from a hardware longterm stand point.  

Here are the minimum requirements to be able to play the game:

Windows XP, Vista, 7

DirectX 9.0c or higher
CPU: 2.2 GHz or higher
RAM: from 2 GB
GeForce 8600GT or ATI HD 2600 (shaders 3.0, 512Mb memory)
Internet from 128 kb/s

If you are still unsure, you can go here: http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=7995&game=World%20of%20Warships

Simply put what information you know about the laptop into the 'Can I Run It' section.  

I hope this helps ;)

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,734 posts
26,570 battles

@OP: If you're uncertain about what graphics card would run it well and what wouldn't, just google for reviews. Especially ones that have comparisons with large lists of others.

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers
59 posts
10,854 battles

I can run wot on my laptop. It is a dell e6410 intel graphics.  But it gets only 20 to 25 fps. I have not tried wows yet

Alpha Tester
17,510 posts

I can run wot on my laptop. It is a dell e6410 intel graphics.  But it gets only 20 to 25 fps. I have not tried wows yet

try it and report your findings

[WRHD]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
556 posts
1,222 battles

You want to avoid systems that come with a integrated graphics card. Hybird systems that have a toggle from integrated to dedicated video cards is a must. Though if you can afford the bang for the buck a system with a full blown dedicated video card is ideal for gaming. Though it's a laptop the price vs a desktop is usually 2:1/4:1 in price for parts/system. 

A beefy 2-3K laptop could net you a monster desktop with all the bells and whistles.

Alpha Tester
17,510 posts

So... I think I just heard my hp Pavilion won't work, am I right?

we'll never know - you didn't post either your specs or your model number

so . . . what video card do you have -- what CPU do you have - hint this game actually uses multi-cores