Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Magnus_Mortem

News Flash! 0.4.0 and the wipe CHANGED THE GAME!

15 comments in this topic

[EFEME]
Beta Testers
288 posts
11,860 battles

I dropped by the forums to see what thoughtful suggestions might have been offered after the initial 0.4.0 playtime had occurred - but found mostly whining about "this change or that" making the game "horribly ruined", or "so tough to play". There are dozens of examples in this General Discussion section of players who have played 1 day and have decided that the WG sky has fallen and we players are just in the pit of re-grind (H E LL). 

Well, yes, we are back to square one - we all (or most of us) knew that the wipe would mean agonizing re-grinds to high-tier ships we enjoyed. That is true, and the grind isn't quite as easy this time around, as the economy has been slightly changed, and many of the ship upgrade configurations are challenging.

There are also a LOT of threads that define (just about every change) as a negative change. This makes me laugh a LOT!

Yup - DD's get less smoke screens *(until you get the commander's skill that adds it back), yup, a weird engine boost to off-set that change and people haven't discovered or exploited the benefits of. 

Yes - the credit and XP grind is a bit more difficult.

Etc, etc...

And - yes - we are all back down to day 2 grind with a lot of work to get back up to that trollish tier 8-10 ship of dreams.

I just hope that we can hold out and hold on long enough to (TRY to adapt) to the changes, and form opinions that are based on more than just the fact that it "is no longer how it was". 

That being said, I won't be coming back to the forums for a while to find any carefully thought out discussions, most of this stuff is pretty knee-jerk reaction IMO. 

• Cool 9

Banned
3,836 posts

honestly i like it

the only complaint i've had is theres a bug where i can't see the smoke screen i lay.   it works..but i think my graphic settings might not be set for it.

i like 4.0 so far and am actually enjoying myself more than before =)

Beta Testers
2,420 posts
1,809 battles

If asked, I would say I like the changes, but the game still needs more work.

(Note I don't play DD's, which apparently got nerfed bad or something.)

[WOLFG]
Members
4,300 posts

DD captains must be having a hard time dealing with the changes, I sympathize with them. The smoke nerf has made them even more vulnerable and unless their enemy doesn't know how to lead properly, they're pretty much free kills once spotted.

With that said, I'm okay with pretty much all of the other changes, they made the game a bit more interesting and challenging.

Beta Testers
89 posts
101 battles

I DONT CAER WHAT YALL SAY!!!1 THIS GAME SUCSK NOW!!!1 IM NEVER PLAYING IT AGAN!!!!!11!

No, not really. I love this game and the changes in 0.4.0 are great, imo. Honestly, there is only one bug that really bothers me and that's the disappearing ships but I'm not spamming all the threads about it.

[ONAVY]
Beta Testers
901 posts
12,833 battles

I DONT CAER WHAT YALL SAY!!!1 THIS GAME SUCSK NOW!!!1 IM NEVER PLAYING IT AGAN!!!!!11!

No, not really. I love this game and the changes in 0.4.0 are great, imo. Honestly, there is only one bug that really bothers me and that's the disappearing ships but I'm not spamming all the threads about it.

there are still disappearing tanks in WOT so don't hold your breath on that one :hiding:

Well said OP and overall I really am liking the changes! :izmena:

Beta Testers
89 posts
101 battles

there are still disappearing tanks in WOT so don't hold your breath on that one :hiding:

That is truly disappointing news. It's the single most infuriating bug I have encountered in this game.

Case in point: 

gyy6rOs.gif

Beta Testers
11,669 posts

I am liking 0.4.0.  Killing is quite a bit easier, but do note so is getting killed.  

Guns seems to have a flatter trajectory now, torpedos reload a lot faster although you can seem to sight them eariler and there are better torpedo warnings.

Quite impressed with the Arkansas.  I laid a broadside on a fresh enemy destroyer.  He went red and sinking in one salvo.

Beta Testers
367 posts
401 battles

The problem I have always had is they change too much in a patch. There is so much different now that it does feel like a completely different game and I don't feel like re learning a game that I already spent time to learn.

Alpha Tester
1,099 posts
922 battles

I hope that Smoke becomes darker, and that American Battleships get better main gun range with no modifications, American Destroyer particularly tier 6 that the torpedoes get a 7.0 kilometer range for the upgrade, plus same old damage and speed. 

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers
59 posts
10,854 battles

Don't want to get hit in a dd don't drive in a straight line. Same for cruisers 

Alpha Tester
1,997 posts
2,336 battles

That is truly disappointing news. It's the single most infuriating bug I have encountered in this game.

Case in point: 

gyy6rOs.gif

I would classify that as a bug. Report it. 

Alpha Tester
1,997 posts
2,336 battles

Over all i like the changes. The fire problem on BBs seems to be SLIGHTLY less, just due to the HE base damage getting a little nerf depending on shell size. But it still needs to be looked at. HE should not do very much base damage at all to a heavily armored target. It should be used for taking out deck guns and disabling smaller ships. not a universal no-skill shell that a 2 year old can use to take out someone far more skilled than them trying to use AP and getting trolled by dispersion and low damage rolls. 

Sign in to follow this