Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
KRIKENY

Ships in OBT are too expensive

20 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
56 posts
2,459 battles

And by expensive I mean the cost in CREDITS NOT EXPERIENCE.  Going into better detail, and after doing some research using the World of tanks wiki page and in game of world of warships. I have found some weird stuff.

For simplicity purposes I will be using tier 3 as an example *Though this applies to all the tiers* 

- The most expensive Tier 3 tank in the world of tanks wiki I could find was The Soviet SU-26 tier 3 Artilery at 51,000 credits. Most of the tier 3's range between 30,000 and under 50,000.

- Now for world of warships as some examples St. Louis is 260,000 and that is on the cheaper end the Japanese equivalent is 10,000 more credits.

- The tier 3 Battleships are ever more at 325,000 (South Carolina) and 335,000 (Kawachi)

- The prices for tier vary much more then in World of tanks two, anywhere between 335,000 credits to 263,000 credits nearly a 100k difference.

This is quite the investment to make for a ship you are most likely not going to keep. And to emphasize my point is look at the tier 10's anywhere between 21.8 MILLION credits to 19.3 Million.

Even with a premium account and a premium ship to use for credit making. That is still a steep hill to climb. Meanwhile the the prices of a Tier 10 tank is 6.1 Million across the board for every Tank. That is still the fraction of the cost compared to what they are asking for these ships. To summarize my point.

Wargaming I want to play a game to have fun. Not worry about if I have enough credits to buy a ship.

I felt like I just needed to say this.

[EPOXY]
Wiki Editor, Members, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
5,899 posts
13,522 battles

Let me know when you can earn 500-600k credits for a game in a T7-8 prem in tanks (because you can in ships)

• Cool 8

Beta Testers
16 posts
341 battles

Reality has set in. The CBT earnings were inflated so people could grind through the lines quickly. Now that we are in OBT, normal earning are here.

Beta Testers
5 posts
1,368 battles

And by expensive I mean the cost in CREDITS NOT EXPERIENCE.  Going into better detail, and after doing some research using the World of tanks wiki page and in game of world of warships. I have found some weird stuff.

For simplicity purposes I will be using tier 3 as an example *Though this applies to all the tiers* 

- The most expensive Tier 3 tank in the world of tanks wiki I could find was The Soviet SU-26 tier 3 Artilery at 51,000 credits. Most of the tier 3's range between 30,000 and under 50,000.

- Now for world of warships as some examples St. Louis is 260,000 and that is on the cheaper end the Japanese equivalent is 10,000 more credits.

- The tier 3 Battleships are ever more at 325,000 (South Carolina) and 335,000 (Kawachi)

- The prices for tier vary much more then in World of tanks two, anywhere between 335,000 credits to 263,000 credits nearly a 100k difference.

This is quite the investment to make for a ship you are most likely not going to keep. And to emphasize my point is look at the tier 10's anywhere between 21.8 MILLION credits to 19.3 Million.

Even with a premium account and a premium ship to use for credit making. That is still a steep hill to climb. Meanwhile the the prices of a Tier 10 tank is 6.1 Million across the board for every Tank. That is still the fraction of the cost compared to what they are asking for these ships. To summarize my point.

Wargaming I want to play a game to have fun. Not worry about if I have enough credits to buy a ship.

I felt like I just needed to say this.

From my experience in WoT (very little to say the least) the amount of credits you make in a good game in WoT is much much less than you do in this.

Beta Testers
56 posts
2,459 battles

Let me know when you can earn 500-600k credits for a game in a T7-8 prem in tanks (because you can in ships)

But not everyone will have a premium ship. Or premium accounts. And not everyone is amazing at the game either I'm still learning and I'm no pro. I cant go 8 kills or more in world of tanks and I certainly cant in ships.

Beta Testers
56 posts
2,459 battles

From my experience in WoT (very little to say the least) the amount of credits you make in a good game in WoT is much much less than you do in this.

The most I have profited I remember was 150,000 credits *and i completed a mission within that too*

Alpha Tester
1,472 posts
1,030 battles

I find that Atago is over priced a tad bit. I mean look at tier 8 med tanks. They don't cost as much. The price in WoWs for Atago is comparative to a heavy tank. I wonder what the price would be like for a tier 8 battleship (if WG ever decides to make on)

Beta Testers
19,049 posts
8,103 battles

I WISH.

Gun rammers and vents 4 dayz

Beta Testers
56 posts
2,459 battles

I find that Atago is over priced a tad bit. I mean look at tier 8 med tanks. They don't cost as much. The price in WoWs for Atago is comparative to a heavy tank. I wonder what the price would be like for a tier 8 battleship (if WG ever decides to make on)

Speaking of premium ships (And thanks for bringing this up) I agree that the Atago is a bit much considering its a cruiser. That for I premium battleship i feel is fair. But for a cruiser : L but then that gets me asking the question of why the Warspite is 6500 gold?
Edited by KRIKENY

Alpha Tester
222 posts
1,761 battles

You can't compare the two games economy! Yes ships and equipment are more expensive but ships make more credits. Like Tedster59 said in ships you can have a fantastic game and make 600k, under the same conditions in WoT you might make 150k. It's not just premium time and ships that get that difference in credits either, so your tier 3 regular ship will also make way more that a regular tier 3 tank.  

Edited by Chisum

Beta Testers
56 posts
2,459 battles

You can't compare the two games economy! Yes ships and equipment are more expensive but ships make more credits. Like Tedster59 said in ships you can have a fantastic game and make 600k, under the same conditions in WoT you might make 150k. It's not just premium time and ships that get that difference in credits either, so your tier 3 regular ship will also make way more that a regular tier 3 tank.  

Since they are both "World of" games made and promoted by the same company. And are both very similar in terms of what the goal of the game is. What you can do etc. One would assume the prices and economy of the ship would be similar.

Alpha Tester
1,472 posts
1,030 battles

Quite problematic as is. The two economy is actually linked through the unified accounts. I guess it can be justified that more time was spent on the ships as opposed to tanks which explains the increased gold requirement to purchase it.

Beta Testers
56 posts
2,459 battles

You do know that a ship is far more expensive to make then a tank right?

In real life this is a game. And if your statement were true then tanks and ships would be much more.

Beta Testers
56 posts
2,459 battles

Quite problematic as is. The two economy is actually linked through the unified accounts. I guess it can be justified that more time was spent on the ships as opposed to tanks which explains the increased gold requirement to purchase it.

That too, to make my counter argument. Then why are the economies linked?

Alpha Tester
222 posts
1,761 battles

Since they are both "World of" games made and promoted by the same company. And are both very similar in terms of what the goal of the game is. What you can do etc. One would assume the prices and economy of the ship would be similar.

They probably are if you look at their credit ratio's, but to compare a tier 10 ship the same as a tier 10 tank without taking in consideration the credit ratios differences is fuzzy math ;) 

I think once WG is done testing we'll find that it will take about the same amount of time, xp and credit grinding to get a tier 10 ship then it does to get a tier 10 tank. 

Edited by Chisum

Beta Testers
56 posts
2,459 battles

They probably are if you look at their credit ratio's, but to compare a tier 10 ship the same as a tier 10 tank without taking in consideration the credit ratios differences is fuzzy math ;) 

I think once WG is done testing we'll find that it will take about the same amount of time, xp and credits to get a tier 10 ship then it does to get a tier 10 tank. 

That would be a cool experiment, obviously it would vary based on Player skill, The amount of time they play, Are they focusing one line or multiple?, Premium time or vehicles. We could compare world of warships and tanks with players who are very similar. Since you mentioned it I'm curious now to see.

Beta Testers
254 posts
4,459 battles

I agree here, prem ships seem to be over priced for no conceivable reason. If you look at WoT, a tier 3 medium tank with garage slot will cost you around $7, a tier 5 will run you around $10, compare that to WoWS where the currently available tier 3 costs $13 and a tier 5 costs a whopping $16. The Atago, currently being an in game only purchase, will run you $52 with around 2000 gold left over from picking up the 12000 gold package from the shop, which is only slightly cheaper than most tier 8 heavy premiums in WoT, meanwhile the average cost for a tier 8 prem med tank is between $30 and $40. So what's up with the price hike WG, it's not like buying prem ships is getting us any extra benefit over premiums in any other WG game.
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester
222 posts
1,761 battles

I do agree the premium ship prices are more expensive compared to wot and to say "but they make more credits than tanks" shouldn't matter, since it takes more credits to play wows. When it comes down to real money being spent, it should be comparable because gold will be universal between all their games. It appears now that the lower tiered ships are the ones that are way off, 3,000 gold compared to 1,500 in tanks at tier 5. Upper tiers are closer after looking at the Atago price of 10,700. In wot tier 8 tanks can range from 7,000 to 12,500 and the Atago falls in about the middle where I think a cruiser should be.  

Edited by Chisum

Beta Testers
56 posts
2,459 battles

Keep in mind that this isnt also including upgrades modules or anything like that. Only making the numbers rise.

[ONAVY]
Beta Testers
901 posts
12,817 battles

I used to average 100K in my Lowe in WOT, now I am lucky to crack 40k... make hay while the sun is shining as the income gen in the game right now will likely never be better. :great:

Sign in to follow this