Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Evermind

So uhh, where is my invite

23 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
368 posts
234 battles

Why are you sad?  The economies are merging.  Also, you could have easily spent some money on WoWS and would have gotten in.

Also, there've been a few mass postings of keys.  I, myself, lucked upon some keys in reddit and was able to get it.

Alpha Tester
1,997 posts
2,336 battles

Orly? Maybe i'll check reddit some more. I guess I just figured they would reward people who spent $ in WoT. 

Bro. Open beta is literally any day now. Don't bother looking for an invite when you can just join open beta with everyone else in a few days. I doubt the invite codes will work anymore since we're in "headstart" after the final wipe. 

Also, you could have gotten into the game a week ago from humble bundle, or months ago from premium preorder packages. 

Members
3 posts

Bro. Open beta is literally any day now. Don't bother looking for an invite when you can just join open beta with everyone else in a few days. I doubt the invite codes will work anymore since we're in "headstart" after the final wipe. 

Also, you could have gotten into the game a week ago from humble bundle, or months ago from premium preorder packages. 

Well thats part of the issue. Ive already spent a not so insignificant amount of money on WoT, so that should have already paid my ticket. But I am glad to hear the open beta starts soon. Thanks for the info.

Alpha Tester
1,997 posts
2,336 battles

Well thats part of the issue. Ive already spent a not so insignificant amount of money on WoT, so that should have already paid my ticket. But I am glad to hear the open beta starts soon. Thanks for the info.

My guess is early next week. The final wipe was yesterday. They are allowing us in the test to get a little head start as part of the reward for testing. i would be surprised if open beta doesnt start on tuesday next week. See you on the waves and in my sights =).

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
733 posts
4,183 battles

There were also countless opportunities to apply for WoWs alpha and beta, many that people never even bothered to even take their time to fill out and sign up with. They wanted people who showed some dedication to the WoWs game to have access, if you did not have the initiative to sign up many months ago, then they obviously would not want a tester who did not seem to be interested in the game.
  • Cool 2

Members
449 posts

There were also countless opportunities to apply for WoWs alpha and beta, many that people never even bothered to even take their time to fill out and sign up with. They wanted people who showed some dedication to the WoWs game to have access, if you did not have the initiative to sign up many months ago, then they obviously would not want a tester who did not seem to be interested in the game.

I signed up many months ago, I beta-tested both previous games. I can even remember how all three games were supposed to be merged into one giant electronic battlefield. I never got an invite.

[BWC]
Beta Testers
3,432 posts
9,982 battles

So I'm told open beta has been going on for the last 3 days but I can't seem to be able to find a link to download the damn game!

Please read the previous posts in this thread.  It is still Closed Beta, but they wiped everyone's progress, reset ships and progress, and re-awarded the Pre-Order ships.  So, while no new players can yet access the game, the previous CB testers have received the wipe that was to be done for Open Beta.  Based on this, we figure it's only a matter of days before Open Beta begins, but it is -not- Open Beta yet.  Don't believe everything you hear until you've researched to see if it's true.

Alpha Tester
1,997 posts
2,336 battles

So I'm told open beta has been going on for the last 3 days but I can't seem to be able to find a link to download the damn game! 

Negative. Open beta start time has not been announced yet. They performed the final progress wipe and are letting testers get a head start (and also report any new bugs, and there are a few). I would expect open beta in a few days. Tuesday, maybe as late as Thursday next week, They will not let it go past the July 4th weekend. lol. 

Members
449 posts

The "headstart" for the beta testers has been ongoing since thursday morning for the NA server and friday morning for the EU server from what I have read in official statements. I can understand them giving a headstart so that there is not 5 hundred bazillion tier 1 battles all raging on day 1 of official open beta.

As far as the current status, it's still unannounced as to whether it is closed or open beta. The fact the website still requires a beta invite code to access the full site that tells me the game is still in closed beta status. I think that is what confused everyone also with the sudden announcement of a weekend event. Why a weekend event when nobody could take part in it? The beta testers were already getting a free ride, so everyone immediately assumed the open beta started today.

Wargaming really should hire a community public relations person to communicate with the community so that everyone knows what is going on and nobody gets left in the dark or forced to jump to conclusions. When I beta tested many games over the past 18 years of online gaming the game companies would do just that, keep the community informed, announce dates, everyone is on the same page, nobody was left guessing as what was about to happen.

Edited by Destin65
  • Cool 1

733 posts
4,183 battles

I signed up many months ago, I beta-tested both previous games. I can even remember how all three games were supposed to be merged into one giant electronic battlefield. I never got an invite.

For "weekend closed beta testers", they gave out thousands of free codes for players to participate in the WoWs test during specific weekends, there was more than enough codes for anyone who heard of the news a day or two after they had been made available to claim one and use them.  This was during the alpha testing phase of the game. When CBT hit, they gave many players a chance to also apply to enter CBT. It simply means you were really late if you never were accepted in both instances. There were also, throughout the entire CBT phase, many people on these forums, very kind people who gave away CBT keys, and over streams as well. There were many opportunities. I don't see how it's your right and justification to demand access to a game, separate from WoT, although related, they are not the exact same game. Why should benefits like automatic access carry over from WoT to WoWs? The fact that the accounts from all 3 games will actually even be linked together eventually is something most gaming companies don't do. At the end of the day, just because you supported one game a lot, which by all means, is a great thing, doesn't give you entitlement for the other. They're completely different things. 
  • Cool 1

Members
449 posts

For "weekend closed beta testers", they gave out thousands of free codes for players to participate in the WoWs test during specific weekends, there was more than enough codes for anyone who heard of the news a day or two after they had been made available to claim one and use them.  This was during the alpha testing phase of the game. When CBT hit, they gave many players a chance to also apply to enter CBT. It simply means you were really late if you never were accepted in both instances. There were also, throughout the entire CBT phase, many people on these forums, very kind people who gave away CBT keys, and over streams as well. There were many opportunities. I don't see how it's your right and justification to demand access to a game, separate from WoT, although related, they are not the exact same game. Why should benefits like automatic access carry over from WoT to WoWs? The fact that the accounts from all 3 games will actually even be linked together eventually is something most gaming companies don't do. At the end of the day, just because you supported one game a lot, which by all means, is a great thing, doesn't give you entitlement for the other. They're completely different things. 

I heard about the weekend thing, those keys were all long gone. Just like last night they were giving out keys, but by the time anyone refreshed the facebook page the codes were already used up. I've watched weeks worth of twitch streams on my Fire TV box and only once have I heard anyone doing a key giveaway.

As far as access, I'm not demanding access. I would just like some fair treatment. If they posted on the WoWS site that the open beta would start July 4th, as an example, I would be fine with that. At least then I would know not to waste my time waiting to see if the game will be released and when, and whether it would even be worth it to try and engage in a contest for a key giveaway or just go play something else for the time being.

Is trying to find out a release date too much to ask? With World of Warplanes we were given pretty clear instructions about everything, same with WoT. I only got a minimal headstart after all the wipes and I got no special treatment like that which is currently going on. But then, it is no wonder that WoWP is largely a dead game. I would also spend money on that but I'm not going to buy a premium plane when I have no idea if the game will still be there next month or next year. So few play it right now that I'm often forced to play against tiers far higher than I am. Imagine if they did that with world of tanks, pitting tier 2 tanks against tier 7 tanks.

733 posts
4,183 battles

I heard about the weekend thing, those keys were all long gone. Just like last night they were giving out keys, but by the time anyone refreshed the facebook page the codes were already used up. I've watched weeks worth of twitch streams on my Fire TV box and only once have I heard anyone doing a key giveaway.

As far as access, I'm not demanding access. I would just like some fair treatment. If they posted on the WoWS site that the open beta would start July 4th, as an example, I would be fine with that. At least then I would know not to waste my time waiting to see if the game will be released and when, and whether it would even be worth it to try and engage in a contest for a key giveaway or just go play something else for the time being.

Is trying to find out a release date too much to ask? With World of Warplanes we were given pretty clear instructions about everything, same with WoT. I only got a minimal headstart after all the wipes and I got no special treatment like that which is currently going on. But then, it is no wonder that WoWP is largely a dead game. I would also spend money on that but I'm not going to buy a premium plane when I have no idea if the game will still be there next month or next year. So few play it right now that I'm often forced to play against tiers far higher than I am. Imagine if they did that with world of tanks, pitting tier 2 tanks against tier 7 tanks.

Did you try all the websites that were offering codes? Because I knew a few people who easily got codes 2-3 days after they were released. That said the fact that it's this close to OBT they obviously would not be giving hundreds or thousands of codes away since OBT is right around the corner.

If all you're asking is an ETA of when the official OBT will start, then that's you needed to ask, because there is news of when it will be or at least a guess, since on EU forums it was posted that they'll be having a patch on the 30th of June, this will maybe be the OBT release, which we might be receiving at the same time as well. According to the wipe and early headstart the alpha testers had on the CBT testers when the game went CBT, it was only a week, so I doubt you'll have much longer to wait.

You also don't seem to understand how the MM works, as it's a max tier spread of 3. Tier 1 and 2 have even less of a tier spread, at +/- 1 tier. 

Edited by Fog_Destroyer_Urakaze
  • Cool 2

Beta Testers
1,708 posts
189 battles

I got in by posting 1000+ times as a Member. Good times.

733 posts
4,183 battles

I got in by posting 1000+ times as a Member. Good times.

lol the exceptions and ones much more dedicated than me 8D

Beta Testers
368 posts
234 battles

lol the exceptions and ones much more dedicated than me 8D

Dangit Urakaze -- your sig confuses me so much... neither of the ships there is a destroyer!

Honestly, we really need to stop responding -- the only ones on the other side of the argument are trolling and just complaining without doing any real research.

733 posts
4,183 battles

Dangit Urakaze -- your sig confuses me so much... neither of the ships there is a destroyer!

Honestly, we really need to stop responding -- the only ones on the other side of the argument are trolling and just complaining without doing any real research.

I've been found out! Long story short, peer pressure from friends is too stronk lol. 

The frustration is understandable and I would be fairly frustrated in their shoes, but one does need to consider everything before openly ranting about certain things, but it's how some people vent I assume. 

Members
449 posts

Did you try all the websites that were offering codes? Because I knew a few people who easily got codes 2-3 days after they were released. That said the fact that it's this close to OBT they obviously would not be giving hundreds or thousands of codes away since OBT is right around the corner.

If all you're asking is an ETA of when the official OBT will start, then that's you needed to ask, because there is news of when it will be or at least a guess, since on EU forums it was posted that they'll be having a patch on the 30th of June, this will maybe be the OBT release, which we might be receiving at the same time as well. According to the wipe and early headstart the alpha testers had on the CBT testers when the game went CBT, it was only a week, so I doubt you'll have much longer to wait.

You also don't seem to understand how the MM works, as it's a max tier spread of 3. Tier 1 and 2 have even less of a tier spread, at +/- 1 tier. 

You speak to me as if you think I know nothing about any of this stuff and yet I have most likely been online gaming since before most of the player community was even born. I know that does not give me privileges over anyone, however, it does give me advanced knowledge and insight.

For example, since you say the max spread of tiers is +3 (which is for light tanks in WoT) then explain how in WoWP I am facing +4 tier planes?

733 posts
4,183 battles

You speak to me as if you think I know nothing about any of this stuff and yet I have most likely been online gaming since before most of the player community was even born. I know that does not give me privileges over anyone, however, it does give me advanced knowledge and insight.

For example, since you say the max spread of tiers is +3 (which is for light tanks in WoT) then explain how in WoWP I am facing +4 tier planes?

I was referring not to WoWp or WoT, I was in this case referring to WoWs, since you had no prior knowledge of the game I still assumed you did research on the mechanics of some of the gameplay. It was inconsiderate of me to assume and not be more specific. However the MM is not the same in WoWs as in WoWp.

As it is common knowledge, WoWp is a failure and the player base is ridiculously small in comparison with WoT and WoWs currently. Thus it makes sense that the tier spread would have to be increased so that the remaining players won't quit entirely due to ridiculously long queue times. 

Also I never said or intended to offend by saying anything I did, I was simply stating facts that I knew. 

• Cool 1

Members
449 posts

I was referring not to WoWp or WoT, I was in this case referring to WoWs, since you had no prior knowledge of the game I still assumed you did research on the mechanics of some of the gameplay.

If you do not intend to offend then how do you explain the above statement? I've only been reading about this game since development was first launched in 2012, and I know nothing at all about the game? Sure, from a beta test standpoint I could not give you much information because I have not been invited. But outside of that there is not much I have missed and it is certainly not my fault that they insist on posting key codes based on european time when I am still asleep.

733 posts
4,183 battles

If you do not intend to offend then how do you explain the above statement? I've only been reading about this game since development was first launched in 2012, and I know nothing at all about the game? Sure, from a beta test standpoint I could not give you much information because I have not been invited. But outside of that there is not much I have missed and it is certainly not my fault that they insist on posting key codes based on european time when I am still asleep.

How is that phrase offensive to someone in any manner? It was simply my own assumption that I accidentally placed on you. I did not realize you hadn't read through many of the guides on the forum that do mention what the MM is like in the game. 
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this