You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Xploder75

Best Overall Premium Ship

67 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
65 posts
554 battles

Hey guys,

Can you tell me what the best "overall" premium ship is? Also maybe consider value for money.

Beta Testers
92 posts
1,386 battles

I'm really enjoying the Atago but it is pretty expensive (like all tier 8 prem stuff) but it earns credits and xp well. Otherwise I'd recommend the Warspite. At tier 6, its not too expensive and it does it's job quite well. If you can get by the terrible turret rotation speed, you'll see that its accuracy and turn rate is top notch.

I might be a bit biased on the Warspite though, British ships are my favorite.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
65 posts
554 battles

Thanks for you reply. :)

Ha. I love British ships too. ;)

Edited by Xploder75

Alpha Tester
17,510 posts

Also maybe consider value for money.

with this line in consideration the only possible answer is Arkansas Beta

if you remove the Arkansas from the discussion

the answer immediately becomes

None

because they are all severely overpriced as compared to established pricing from WoT (per tier)

• Cool 4

Alpha Tester
65 posts
554 battles

with this line in consideration the only possible answer is Arkansas Beta

if you remove the Arkansas from the discussion

the answer immediately becomes

None

because they are all severely overpriced as compared to established pricing from WoT (per tier)

I guess you are right compared to WoT. But I was talking about premium ships in WoW. Ones you buy. lol :) (and I already have the Arkansas Beta) 
Edited by Xploder75

[R_N]
Beta Testers
894 posts
1,631 battles

Murmansk hands down. Its a blast to play and the fact that it allows you to train a Russian commander before the Russian tree is released is just a bonus.

Alpha Tester
17,510 posts

I guess you are right compared to WoT. But I was talking about premium ships in WoW. Ones you buy. lol :) (and I already have the Arkansas Beta) 

what I would seriously consider purchasing if prices were in line with Wot established prices . . .

Aurora - no - get St. Louie Slugger instead

Murmansk - yes - she's a great ship

Warspite - prices are currently close, but still a bit too high - great ship too

IJN tier 4 BB - good ship - but outclassed by Arkansas - get pricing in line then wait for 1/2 price sale

IJN tier 8 CA - nice ship - your call

forgot the atlanta - she has a weakness that if your opponents get schooled - you'll die fast

Edited by Red_Raven_168

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,310 posts
23,640 battles

Murmansk. It does it all. It is at a good tier and it prints credits.

[-B-Z-]
Alpha Tester
715 posts
4,225 battles

Hey guys,

Can you tell me what the best "overall" premium ship is? Also maybe consider value for money.

I tested pretty much all of the premiums (not pre-order ships) prior to the wipe and found for me the best value for a paid ship would be the Murmansk. At tier 5 is it slightly better than a fully upgraded Omaha (US tier 5 Cruiser that the Murmansk was in real life) as it has the same guns, AA ,speed, etc. but much better torpedoes. It should be on half price today in game so even more value. 

Mt favorite premium was the Atlanta and like all premiums I buy, I'll wait for it to go on sale.

Edited by Bravo_Zulu_000

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,310 posts
23,640 battles

Do you know when (approx) the Murmansk will be removed?

I do not think it will be. It is a tech tree prem and is also in the gift shop.

[BYOB]
Members, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
747 posts
2,071 battles

GrimyChevy > All Else

The Murmansk is a reskinned Capitalist turd.

[SWFSH]
[SWFSH]
Volunteer Moderator
2,629 posts
7,415 battles

Gremy.  It's comparable to the Benson (which is a tier 8) in terms of stats, and with all the battleships around now it really destroys them.

KOdf0c2.png

Alpha Tester
65 posts
554 battles

Well, now my options are down to the Murmansk, Warspite or Atlanta. I'll wait to see if WG add more ships soon. Hope so. :)

Alpha Tester
17,510 posts

Well, now my options are down to the Murmansk, Warspite or Atlanta. I'll wait to see if WG add more ships soon. Hope so. :)

"what tier do you enjoy playing the most"

Alpha Tester
65 posts
554 battles

Well, I reached tier 8 in Beta but only tier 3 in Alpha. I enjoy tier 4 and 8. Can't really say though if you know what I mean?

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,310 posts
23,640 battles

Those are the three I bought yesterday.:)

Beta Testers
89 posts
101 battles

AP + Fast Reload = 9 Citadel Hits and 1 sunk ship in less than 2 seconds.

Fear the ATL!

Seriously though, I just got the Atlanta and I am in love. This ship is so much fun. If you can get within range (11.1km) of another ship it is a damn scary ship.

The only time I go up against an Atlanta is when I'm in a fast DD like the Grem because I can bob and weave. Or in a ship that's accurate outside of the 11.1km range of the ATL.

Other than the Atlanta, I would rank the Premium ships as follows. This is an overall playability and enjoyability vs the effectiveness of the ship.

Cruisers:

1. Atlanta: Fast, Fast, and Fast

2. Murmansk: Fast, and well rounded. (Basically an UP Omaha with a USSR flag. Really was a US ship to begin with and ended back in the US's hands.) Omaha > Murmansk, imo.

3. Atago: Haven't tried it. Seems comparable to the stock Mogami which I have used. The Mogami is a stout ship with a hard punch. I like the Mogami. I think I'd like the Atago.

The other Premium cruisers aren't worth comparing to those above, IMO.

Destroyers:

1. Gremy all the way. Best in its tier, IMO.

2. Sims is a good DD too but if I had to choose I'd start with the Gremy.

Battleships:

1. Arkansas. If played right, with upgrades, this BB is a force to be reckoned with on the water. It should be feared and respected more than it is. In the right hands, the Ark is a dangerous ship.

2. Warspite is number 2 only because I have only been in 1 battle with it. But it was a very fun battle indeed. I sunk 4 ships and did a remarkable amount of damage with the Warspite. It's probably worth trying again. I will probably run it again after I run through to a couple of the Tier X's I want first.

You can't really compare the Cruisers to the Destroyers and Battleships. They all have their benefits and drawbacks. You need to figure out what you want out of the ship and make your decision.

You want fast, nearly run and gun style action? Atlanta, Grem(maybe) and the Murmansk may satisfy in that regard also.

You want stealth and strategic gameplay? Gremy , Sims, Murmansk.

You want a balance between the first two? Atlanta, Murmansk.

You want sheer firepower and strength and don't mind slow action? Arkansas, Warspite.

Figure out what you are looking for and go from there.

Also, these are my OPINIONS. Take them with a grain of salt. Everyone is different and will enjoy and hate different things. Good luck!

Edited by witakr

[DRACS]
Alpha Tester
1,013 posts
1,057 battles
Atago is my vote!  No question about it.