You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Valoel_Vegas

To all of you WarGaming apologists, i'd like you to think twice

44 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
345 posts
4,996 battles

Inspired from a post on reddit

I created an account after not posting for a few months because this is a bit important to me.

Please, please don't be spineless gamers in this instance, not this time.

Gamers are the one of the only consumer demographic that consistently is promised one product, receives another and a few apologies, and accepts that as a normal order of business.

$1 dollar or $100, they sold a product with an official WarGaming moderator posting assurances to increase the hype.

Today they say they'll be just swell and give you half of the deal that was paid for. Whether the value of the item is there is neither here nor there, we do not support and argue for companies to have the ability to change deals after the fact, on what planet does it make sense to argue for a companies' bottom line rather than your fellow gamer (what all the "just take the murmansk people are doing, btw").

Has it occurred to you that this "win" could just as easily have been a calculated business decision after accounting noticed just how much gold had been given away for $1 dollar?

"Oh, just take the whole package away then give them the ship back, gamers are afraid of any sort of conflict and weak as a group in general so they'll argue amongst themselves now about whether us giving half of what we agreed to is a good deal!"

Seriously guys, please don't be the level of chump that defends a company because PR believes they know just how easy it is to spin the tiny mind of the gamer and get away with even blatant misconduct..

Not this time, not when the bait and switch is this blatantly obvious.

He's absolutely right, as someone who has been online gaming for over a decade now, this is not the kind of practice you want to be defending, for whatever reason I have no idea you would defend someone who is actively out to hurt you over your fellow gamers who are aiming to benefit you.

What you are doing is being an enablist, so what if you have a goldmine and you could buy out the entire company? stop being so selfish, do you know what a dying online game looks like? who are you going to play with when new players stop coming in because the company completely alienated their playerbase by trying to nickel & dime them while also lying to them? Guess what, you only have to look as far as Evolve to see how that panned out.

Do you know how abysmally awful it is to actually be invested in such a product only to have the company rip it to shreds by anti consumer practices? there's one happening right now it's called World of Warcraft. What was once a great game has a massively hemorrhaging playerbase and yet ever growing private servers, I wonder why that is?

Even a company like Riot games who do this anti-consumer crapall the time to their playerbase would honor the deal in full because despite all of the bad things they've done, they know how to rope people in and people keep buying because they have full confidence in the company.

When you enable stuff like this to happen, you're saying it's okay to happen again down the line, what if you're the one personally effected by this? Even if you can't see it right now, this is effecting you indirectly because as I saw with one user bragging, despite what you think, your 84k gold isn't going to give you more people to play with, so unless you want to play single player world of warships, seriously consider who you argue for.

Me personally, I told all of my friends about the deal who were on the fence or never even heard of the game, the question they all posed was "do we get to keep it?" and I told them yes with confidense in WarGamings online advertisement.  What do you think they said when they found out about this pathetic bait and switch? The Answer is Rhetoric. Consumers who aren't used to being walked over like little beta's will just turn away.

Did you see the blowback from all the indie devs when Steam implemented their refund system a few weeks back because all of a sudden they couldn't scam people anymore with broken half finished games? This is essentially the kind of practice you people would argue for.

To summarize, WarGaming you are not immune to failure just because of the recent kancolle boom and the market desperately needing a decent ship title, the gaming community did fine prior to World of Warships and i'm dead certain it will survive long after, for those invested with $50-500 purchases already, it is in your best interest to fight for your gamers, not against them, because when they're gone, your game is too along with your pixel assets.

• Cool 11

[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,421 posts
2,511 battles

While I do agree they should honor the deal the big item in that deal is the Murmansk. It is what will make a player the most money throughout the entire game. 1000 gold and a week of premium wont be nearly as helpful in the long run as a Premium Ship will be.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
345 posts
4,996 battles

While I do agree they should honor the deal the big item in that deal is the Murmansk. It is what will make a player the most money throughout the entire game. 1000 gold and a week of premium wont be nearly as helpful in the long run as a Premium Ship will be.

I'm sure there's a good amount of people out there who don't care for the ship and found the "starter pack" of recieving 5 port slots, 1 week of premium and 1000 gold to be an amazing offer. *THIS IS KEY*

^^^THIS IS WHAT GETS PEOPLE HOOKED WarGaming, they trial your economy and they see how begrudgingly boring/slow it is to play when their premium and gold runs out, this is further amplified by your recent economy changes and the fact you JUST ADDED consumuables, people will try these things, see the advantage they get and want MORE.

The thing with microtransaction based games is you appeal to every wallet size, some people spend $10, some people spend $100, how many people do you think are going to have confidence in you next time you announce your next sale? Sales Rake in loads of money because of the ability to appeal to a wider audience and the brief window urging people to buy NOWNOWNOW

The ship can be altered at any time, you say it will make the most money but what happens in a week when this has "Settled down" and they gut the stats of it entirely? So much for you "money maker"

Beta Testers
782 posts
388 battles

Did WG make the mistake or did Humble Bumble make the mistake and WG stepped up to fix it?

Do you know?  Do you even care or is it more fun to attack them without proof?

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
1,062 posts
1,239 battles

Did WG make the mistake or did Humble Bumble make the mistake and WG stepped up to fix it?

A WG employee specifically said all content from the bundle would be available after the wipe, the proof is a single search away.

Sometimes it's good to get one's own information before deciding which side of an issue to support.

Edited by Ylca

Beta Testers
366 posts
1,461 battles

So we not getting the full package Ok thats fair enough so i vote a deal sweetner, something interesting and worthy.. 

So it was in aid of charity. Then lets make Gunlion do a charity event. Set up some way for us the player base be able to sponsour Gunlion to shave his head bald. Shinny bald. So smooth you can run a silk over it and not have it snag or catch.

Do it on a monday night over twitch. So he made a mistake so let the be punishment suitable to the crime. I will gladly donate the first $100 if it happens. would be even better if we could get Kmaus to do the cutting.

Edited by Doomkins

Beta Testers
345 posts
4,996 battles

Are you living under a rock? there's insurmountable amounts of proof and shifting blame doesn't solve this problem, the arrogance on WarGamings behalf to not bend to their customers whim is astounding, you solve this problem overnight by giving out what is owed and rectifying your losses with people losing their jobs, a sale in the future, working on a new ship with twice the cost or half the cost of the humbe bundle one and severing your ties with whoever poorly conducted business.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
2,410 posts
2,897 battles

Do you work for Wargaming? 

If you do not, then all you are doing is apologizing for the company, when it is not your responsibility. You might be happy with this situation, that is fine, but most of us are not. An offer was made, and those who purchased the Humble Bundle have not received what is due. 

It matters not whether it was Humble Bundle or Wargaming that is at fault. Wargaming needs to make good on this, and then seek compensation from Humble Bundle,if they so choose,  as Wargaming agreed to participate in this charity.

You however do not decide for us. You are not our representative. If you are happy, fine, the rest of us are not, so keep your opinions to yourself.

• Cool 4

[DIEBL]
Beta Testers
28 posts
11,425 battles

WG didnt sell you anything. You made a charitable donation(not really, since most of you people did it only because you were getting something you valued much higher) and were gifted some product codes as a result.

It is also hilarious that you use the term nickel and dime when referring to a freemium game. Of course they are trying to nickel and dime you, that is the principle method of revenue accrual.

Beta Testers
782 posts
388 battles

Are you living under a rock? there's insurmountable amounts of proof and shifting blame doesn't solve this problem, the arrogance on WarGamings behalf to not bend to their customers whim is astounding, you solve this problem overnight by giving out what is owed and rectifying your losses with people losing their jobs, a sale in the future, working on a new ship with twice the cost or half the cost of the humbe bundle one and severing your ties with whoever poorly conducted business.

Proof or STFU.  Show me a screenshot stating the bundle wasn't a CBT only item.  I didn't order one since I've been in beta and didn't want the ship.  I would sure like to see justification for all the teeth gnashing that is going on.  I've see WG be accused of theft and fraud.  Those allegations shouldn't be made without good solid proof and I'm not going to support any such claims without substantiated proof.  Show me the proof or STFU.
Edited by Kumacho

[-B-Z-]
Alpha Tester
715 posts
4,225 battles

The fact remains that in contrast only a handful of players actually bought the package. there would be fewer Murmansk ships given away than Arkansas Beta reward ships so it can't be a balance argument either as the ship is still in the game. The cost can't really be a factor because it's pixel data and all they have to do is enable to codes we already have.

Pure and simple, the root of this issue is simply integrity. They created a bundle with another organization, promoted it and made promises about it through their own staff right here in their own forums which many players considered in their purchase decision (well i did anyways)). Now they want to renege on that promise and offer a slight apology, expecting us to bend over and take it.

Whether it is $1 or $1,000,000 is irrelevant. A level of trust has been betrayed and WG has an opportunity to cheaply and easily fix it. they can choose to stand on their own promise which by their own admission via their apology was their error. WG needs to man up and exercise some proper ethics for a change. Otherwise, we as a community should ensure that this error costs them far more through negative press, etc. than it would have been to just enable the codes again. For me, I only spent a dollar on the bundle and that alone is easy enough to forgo as a mistake in trusting WG to stand behind their word, but given this fiasco it's the last dollar i'll spend on this game. Ironically, according to WG they didn't even get that dollar so poetic justice i guess. 

Alpha Tester
2,410 posts
2,897 battles

Proof of STFU.  Show me a screenshot stating the bundle wasn't a CBT only item.  I didn't order one since I've been in beta and didn't want the ship.  I would sure like to see justification for all the teeth gnashing that is going on.  I've see WG be accused of theft and fraud.  Those allegations shouldn't be made without good solid proof and I'm not going to support any such claims without substantiated proof.  Show me the proof or STFU.

Then you have nothing to offer on this subject. You did not purchase, or donate, so keep your opinions to yourself.
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,062 posts
1,239 battles

WG didnt sell you anything. You made a charitable donation(not really, since most of you people did it only because you were getting something you valued much higher) and were gifted some product codes as a result.

It is also hilarious that you use the term nickel and dime when referring to a freemium game. Of course they are trying to nickel and dime you, that is the principle method of revenue accrual.

I've noticed a strange influx of low post commenters (on multiple sites) who seem to have some strange reason to want to sweep this whole incident out of public sight.

Intriguing.

Beta Testers
782 posts
388 battles

Do you work for Wargaming? 

If you do not, then all you are doing is apologizing for the company, when it is not your responsibility. You might be happy with this situation, that is fine, but most of us are not. An offer was made, and those who purchased the Humble Bundle have not received what is due. 

It matters not whether it was Humble Bundle or Wargaming that is at fault. Wargaming needs to make good on this, and then seek compensation from Humble Bundle,if they so choose,  as Wargaming agreed to participate in this charity.

You however do not decide for us. You are not our representative. If you are happy, fine, the rest of us are not, so keep your opinions to yourself.

You don't get it.  I want to decide if I should be angry or not BEFORE I get angry at them.

Again, show me that the humble bumble package was not intended for CBT and I'll be right there with you.  

Whoever's fault it was WG did step up and state they would make sure everyone got the bundle for OBT but the complaints still go on?!  Show me the proof.

Beta Testers
782 posts
388 battles

Then you have nothing to offer on this subject. You did not purchase, or donate, so keep your opinions to yourself.

There are 18 f'ing threads about this on the front page of the forum I like to read.  Prove your point or stop spamming.
Edited by Kumacho

[-B-Z-]
Alpha Tester
715 posts
4,225 battles

Proof or STFU.  Show me a screenshot stating the bundle wasn't a CBT only item.  I didn't order one since I've been in beta and didn't want the ship.  I would sure like to see justification for all the teeth gnashing that is going on.  I've see WG be accused of theft and fraud.  Those allegations shouldn't be made without good solid proof and I'm not going to support any such claims without substantiated proof.  Show me the proof or STFU.

There is proof all over this forum and has been posted through numerous screenshots of Gunlion and another dev stating emphatically that the content would carry over to OBT. Hence everyone involved in this conversation already knows the proof is legitimate. 

Otherwise, if you didn't buy it I fail to see why you are even posting an opinion.  

Alpha Tester
2,410 posts
2,897 battles

You don't get it.  I want to decide if I should be angry or not BEFORE I get angry at them.

Again, show me that the humble bumble package was not intended for CBT and I'll be right there with you.  

Whoever's fault it was WG did step up and state they would make sure everyone got the bundle for OBT but the complaints still go on?!  Show me the proof.

I do not have to show you anything. You did not participate in the Humble Bundle.

Ard specifically said we would get our E3 goods, use the search function. 

Unless you work for Wargamining, keep your opinion on this matter to yourself, since you did not participate.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
782 posts
388 battles

Show me the proof.  It is your point, you show me the proof that this wasn't a humble bumble f'up.  Surely you posted to the thread.  So you must have a link to it.  Post the link.  The forum has so many entries for Humble Bumble that a search doesn't help.  SHOW ME THE F'ING PROOF.  if it exists at all and you all aren't full of crap.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,298 posts
6,911 battles

As others have said, I heard that you people are going to get your E3 stuff through WG concessions. 

Then again, it'll make no difference to me since...well...your premium ship is still just a big floating target :sceptic:.

Beta Testers
782 posts
388 battles

@Kumacho

Kotaku link cuz I can't be bothered finding the screenshots

http://kotaku.com/humble-bundle-confusion-leads-to-world-of-warships-ange-1714082047

Thank you.  Finally, that was all I f'ing asked for.  Why was that so f'ing hard for most of you?  Rather argue than get me on your side?  Morons. 

Thanks Valoel.  I read it and decide.

I still hate that the forums have become useless and if I discover this is a WG mistake and not a Humble Bumble error I'll be posting my anger as well. 

Beta Testers
345 posts
4,996 battles

I wouldn't disourage Kumacho from posting because he seems to be actively trying to gather information, but people in the face of evidence who will outright defend WarGaming are befuddling.

The idea is to not fight amongst our selves but to get everyone on the same page that this sort of stuff is unnaceptable, WarGaming want you to defend them, it saves them the PR and diffuses the sitation, which should not be happening, it should remain in escalation until a proper conclusion.

[DIEBL]
Beta Testers
28 posts
11,425 battles

I've noticed a strange influx of low post commenters (on multiple sites) who seem to have some strange reason to want to sweep this whole incident out of public sight.

Intriguing.

Way to not refute my point, but make some sort of accusation about my intentions.

So now anyone who points out the truth is some sort of shill?

God bless the American school system, making mouth breathers for companies to take advantage of, one class at a time.

I don't care if the screamers keep it up until they get their ship. My issue of contention is that people are wholly ignorant of the type of transaction they engaged in, how contract law applies to that exchange, and their own ridiculous self entitlement.

Alpha Tester
2,410 posts
2,897 battles

Way to not refute my point, but make some sort of accusation about my intentions.

God bless the American school system, making mouth breathers for companies to take advantage of, one class at a time.

I don't care if the screamers keep it up until they get their ship. My issue of contention is that people are wholly ignorant of the type of transaction they engaged in, how contract law applies to that exchange, and their own ridiculous self entitlement.

Are you an attorney?

If not then your opinion on this subject is just that, opinion.

If you are an attorney, then please explain how Wargaming bares no responsibility in this by citing the Law.

[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,421 posts
2,511 battles

You do realize there were no grey area's in the whole transaction. That after people found a grey area WG cleared it up and then went back on their word. And it wasn't some Moderator with no power, a Developer for the game went back on their word. Are you really that ignorant? Are you ignoring every piece of information people have shown in other threads. The Kotaku article that even links to the points in which the Developers screwed up?

Can they sue? Probably not. Are they allowed to raise a stink over the mistreatment and lack of customer service displayed by a company that has walked this path dozens of times in the past? Absolutely.