You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
hollett6

Murmansk Fiasco- Why Wargaming doesn't have to give you a ship

22 comments in this topic

[A-N-D]
Beta Testers
4 posts
339 battles

Recently, it was announced that anyone who bought the E3 Humble Bundle wouldn't get their Murmansk and premium time back, because of a mistake Gunlion made.  I understand why the decision not to just give all the players who bought the package all their goodies back after the wipe was made, and think some good, strong reasoning could help the situation.  As already stated in previous posts, Humble Bundle is a charity.  Let's use an example.  When you give to a local food bank do you then go up to them and ask for something in return?  In most cases, no.  The same applies here.  The CBT keys were given as a donation to Humble Bundle, and although Gunlion may have said that the goodies would carry over, he made an honest mistake and should be forgiven.  The keys were a show of Wargaming's good attitude rather than a grand conspiracy to get public advertising and exposure for free to make money.  Yes, they might have made money off the exposure, but so did all the other games/DLC in the bundle like the guaranteed access to Rainbow Six: Siege.  The keys let you try out a game that, personally, I think is a wonderful game with a huge amount of potential.  Rather than spend $30 you COULD spend only $1, although many, including myself, paid more.  Point is, the keys were a way to include more players in the game.  Give Wargaming some slack, the money you spent went to a good cause and they were trying to help raise money for that cause.  

edit- Guys, before anyone else posts, I'm not saying I'm not angry about it, just saying that this might just possibly be where Wargaming is coming from.

Edited by hollett6
  • Cool 4

Alpha Tester
704 posts
2,282 battles

holle before you made your very first post on these forums you might have wanted to check your facts

1. humblebumble or whatever is not a charity

2. no matter what you can not change the conditions of the sale after the sale is made, that is breach of contract 

3. wargaming knows no will fill a lawsuit over this so they will just get to keep our money if we dont issue chargebacks

so next time please do a little research before you make your second post on these forums

[A-N-D]
Beta Testers
4 posts
339 battles

Fair enough, but the money still went to a good cause.  I understand the anger and why so many people are angry.  I bought the package in the hopes to recieve the stuff too, but it doesn't make me want to boycott everything Wargaming.  Yeah, it sucks, but its not like you paid a dollar for just this (just using as an example).  You got a ton of other content for the dollar too.

[A-N-D]
Beta Testers
4 posts
339 battles

holle before you made your very first post on these forums you might have wanted to check your facts

1. humblebumble or whatever is not a charity

2. no matter what you can not change the conditions of the sale after the sale is made, that is breach of contract 

3. wargaming knows no will fill a lawsuit over this so they will just get to keep our money if we dont issue chargebacks

so next time please do a little research before you make your second post on these forums

1. Already responded to this

2. Wargaming didn't sell the key

3. Then file chargebacks, I can't stop you

Alpha Tester
1,150 posts
5,747 battles

Fair enough, but the money still went to a good cause.  I understand the anger and why so many people are angry.  I bought the package in the hopes to recieve the stuff too, but it doesn't make me want to boycott everything Wargaming.  Yeah, it sucks, but its not like you paid a dollar for just this (just using as an example).  You got a ton of other content for the dollar too.

People are angry because they are promised something, paid for it, and did not receive it. It's fraud. The thing is, Gunlion is only the messenger, and sometimes he receives the wrong information. I honestly do feel bad for Gunlion and I hope people cut Gunlion slack.  

Alpha Tester
1,997 posts
2,336 battles

You forget that an employee of wargaming told us that we would keep the E3 products perminatly. AND they did not change any wording to state otherwise on the humble bundle page until the 17th, and didn't change the ADVERTISEMENT post here on this forum until today when this crapstarted hitting the fan. 

I made my purchase on the 15th, 2 days before this "change of terms" on the humble site. I am entitled to what i was promised. 

I'm going to give them a few days to figure out what they want to do to make this right, and then i will be issuing a dispute on paypal to recoup my losses. The only key i redeemed was the WoWS bonus. that should make it clear enough that the bonus code was all i bought the bundle for, and i paid more than $1. 

• Cool 1

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,762 posts
16,834 battles

No.No.No.

I heard of the Humble Bundle in game.  I came to the forums looking for details.  I read a post from a WG employee stating we kept our goods.

I went to humblebundle.com and purchased product in good faith through a WG sponsored seller.  I paid more than minimum as I thought the item was worth it.  

I then bought another for a friend (again, for more than minimum) because I thought it was a fair deal and I thought perhaps, went to some good.

I then recommended to two others (who both bought codes) that it was a good deal and get it while you could.

It is unacceptable to reneg on this product offering.

#freemymurmansk.

Beta Testers
129 posts
977 battles

The reason we will not be getting the Murmansk is simply because Wargaming HQ is staffed by Russians (ok, and Belorussians), who love giving Americans the middle finger.  WGNA has no power, and really only exists to rake in money from masochistic fools like us.

Beta Testers
2,317 posts
5,855 battles

1. Already responded to this

2. Wargaming didn't sell the key

3. Then file chargebacks, I can't stop you

Wargamming made a official post in regards to the question​s about the bundle and it was to specifically address the questions about if we get to keep the stuff from the bundle or not. They said 'yes' we get to keep the stuff. That was here on the official WoWS forum from a official WG representitive giving us WG's official response. It's what sold me on the bundle.

We recieved the ticket no problem. When the code is entered it says it worked. The humble bumdle code works fine. It's what the code was supposed to give us, as stated by WG(at the time of purchase), that doesn't work. That's not humble bundles fault.

Beta Testers
12 posts
78 battles

Let's use an example.  When you give to a local food bank do you then go up to them and ask for something in return?  In most cases, no.  The same applies here.

The same definitely doesn't apply here.

Beta Testers
312 posts
1,096 battles

You forget that an employee of wargaming told us that we would keep the E3 products perminatly. AND they did not change any wording to state otherwise on the humble bundle page until the 17th, and didn't change the ADVERTISEMENT post here on this forum until today when this crapstarted hitting the fan. 

I made my purchase on the 15th, 2 days before this "change of terms" on the humble site. I am entitled to what i was promised. 

I'm going to give them a few days to figure out what they want to do to make this right, and then i will be issuing a dispute on paypal to recoup my losses. The only key i redeemed was the WoWS bonus. that should make it clear enough that the bonus code was all i bought the bundle for, and i paid more than $1. 

That should read 'Two employees', as gunlion and Ard both stated that the Murmansk, gold, and premium time would carry over. 

However, two companies are on the line here. WarGaming is the obvious one (is WG two separate words? I can never bloody remember), however Humble Bundle is also at fault; let me explain.

Humble Bundle is a privately owned, for profit, Delaware corporation. They are responsible for all items sold through their site, and must honor all advertisements of said product. Nobody donated jack to charity through Humble Bundle sales, you purchased a product from them, the corporation then donates a portion of that sale to a charity. 

Edited by TryckSh0t

[-B-Z-]
Alpha Tester
715 posts
4,225 battles

WG - you can still save face and opt to give us the bundle content. It was promised when OBT was launched and OBT hasn't launched yet, just 0.4.0 in preparation for OBT release.

[ONAVY]
Beta Testers
901 posts
12,827 battles

If u think WG only gave the keys to HB out of purely charitable reasons I have a bridge to sell you.....

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,322 posts

A fanboi OP is heard from...wonder if this is an alt account of a WG employee...they are now famous for that crap.

Beta Testers
7 posts
75 battles

The reason we will not be getting the Murmansk is simply because Wargaming HQ is staffed by Russians (ok, and Belorussians), who love giving Americans the middle finger.  WGNA has no power, and really only exists to rake in money from masochistic fools like us.

Wow. Just wow.

[-JEDI]
Alpha Tester
2,667 posts
8,151 battles

Recently, it was announced that anyone who bought the E3 Humble Bundle wouldn't get their Murmansk and premium time back, because of a mistake Gunlion made.  I understand why the decision not to just give all the players who bought the package all their goodies back after the wipe was made, and think some good, strong reasoning could help the situation.  As already stated in previous posts, Humble Bundle is a charity.  Let's use an example.  When you give to a local food bank do you then go up to them and ask for something in return?  In most cases, no.  The same applies here.  The CBT keys were given as a donation to Humble Bundle, and although Gunlion may have said that the goodies would carry over, he made an honest mistake and should be forgiven.  The keys were a show of Wargaming's good attitude rather than a grand conspiracy to get public advertising and exposure for free to make money.  Yes, they might have made money off the exposure, but so did all the other games/DLC in the bundle like the guaranteed access to Rainbow Six: Siege.  The keys let you try out a game that, personally, I think is a wonderful game with a huge amount of potential.  Rather than spend $30 you COULD spend only $1, although many, including myself, paid more.  Point is, the keys were a way to include more players in the game.  Give Wargaming some slack, the money you spent went to a good cause and they were trying to help raise money for that cause.  

edit- Guys, before anyone else posts, I'm not saying I'm not angry about it, just saying that this might just possibly be where Wargaming is coming from.

2MaYrPM.gif

Beta Testers
12 posts
78 battles

In her crowning glory

AYPGnNI.jpg

I got one

I'd buy that for a dollar. Oh wait... I did!

How much did you pay for yours? :teethhappy: