You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Trifler

Hashidate primary battery used for AA?

5 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
87 posts
1,632 battles

I noticed that the Hashidate (Japanese tier 1) shows that the 120 mm dual turrets are used for both anti-ship and anti-air roles. Ok, that's not unusual, but in this instance, they're the primary battery. How does that work in the game? Is this a mistake on the ship stats screen?

Beta Testers
196 posts
568 battles

Dual purpose guns have this awesome reality-bending ability to shoot AA and surface artillery. Just don't question how.

TLDR they contribute to the AA DoT bubble around the ship even if they don't animate.

Edited by ravenouscorvidae

Banned
2,485 posts
977 battles

The same way the 5-inch guns on most US DDs and USS Atlanta can use their main battery as AA.

They're just AoE devices. No animation, no need to keep them idle to use as AA. They'll fire at planes in its range regardless of its condition (unless destroyed)

Beta Testers
8 posts
258 battles

It's interesting that they even bothered, considering the Hashidate will never see a plane outside of a faildivision.

Alpha Tester
87 posts
1,632 battles

It's interesting that they even bothered, considering the Hashidate will never see a plane outside of a faildivision.

Agreed. It's also weird that they have more powerful AA than any Japanese ship, except carriers, until tier 6.

they contribute to the AA DoT bubble around the ship even if they don't animate.

Thanks.

I probably would not have included them as AA if I was WG, but at least I know how they function now.

Members
1 post
104 battles

But just think, if they ever introduce a competitive gamemode similar to Strongholds in WoT, this thing would be an AA beast.

Edited by jazzbird55