Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
otakuben

I am dissapointed WG

5 comments in this topic

[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,421 posts
2,511 battles

(meant to post this here)

It would be rather callous of me to say I speak for everyone so I'm speaking on behalf of my self.

I have played World of Tanks since Open Beta. It was a fun game and I loved it. I spent thousands of dollars on it, getting premium tanks, gold, and premium  time occasionally. It was literally the first game I've spent any large amount of money. You impressed me with it. However your Customer Service occasionally was a bit tough to deal with. Despite that fact you tried your best to make things right when they went wrong. Some times I disagreed, other times I did. Despite all of that I still spent money because I felt it was worth it.

Then I heard about World of Warships, I went nuts. I loved naval warfare from World War 2. The thought of captaining a ship from that era was amazing. I couldn't wait and I looked almost daily for the testing phases to start. I applied for Alpha test but obviously didn't get it. I luckily got a key for Beta Weekend and happily started testing.

Things weren't perfect and I understood that. I had my vocal opinions and butted heads with people ont he forums. When Closed beta came around I was excited and actually spent 70$ on the pre-order.

As you made patch changes my tune towards the game changed slightly. Each change made me feel more and more that the game was going a direction I didn't like. However at work I still told all my friends who game about World of Warships and why they should play when it hits open beta.

Then with recent HE changes I found myself telling a friend to try it but be prepared for possible disappointment. I understood balance had to be had but I found myself in a quandary as to whether I should tell people about this game and whether it was worth it for them to play.

Now the Humble Bundle has happened and the fall out. I'm disappointed. Not because I didn't get anything, I never bought it. I'm disappointed because of all the things I expected out of you WG, the good and the bad, this is the worst I've seen of you.

It's sad, not maddening, just sad. Yes you have a player base that complains, but we are dedicated. We are vocal because we care so much. When the Humble Bundle dropped I told everyone I could about it. It was a great way to get them into CBT and set them up for OBT. I wanted more players, I wanted this game to succeed.

But now I just can't support others to play this game. I will probably play but I won't spend money. Again not because I didn't get anything, but rather because I fear this now may happen to me in the future where it has never happened prior.

I will tell those I know that this game is not worth playing. What happened and the response. I know I'm 1 player, and in the grand scheme of things mean nothing to your overall revenue. But I'm a  disappointed customer and even worse a saddened player. I thought you were much better than this, and it saddens me to see that you aren't.

You may not be losing one player, but you won't see any one I know come as a result.

• Cool 2

[SVF]
Alpha Tester
910 posts
2,461 battles

A freaking men to that.

Just... why. Who thought that this was going to be a good idea?

And who forgot to send the memo to both Humble Bundle and Gunlion so that this wouldn't have happened?

Beta Testers
129 posts
977 battles

Yes you have a player base that complains, but we are dedicated. We are vocal because we care so much. When the Humble Bundle dropped I told everyone I could about it. It was a great way to get them into CBT and set them up for OBT. I wanted more players, I wanted this game to succeed.

You nailed it.

I will never trust Wargaming again.  Any company that thinks this is remotely acceptable deserves to fail.  I love the game, but I cannot get invested (time or money wise) in it after seeing WG for what they truly are.

Beta Testers
56 posts
431 battles

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/34287-important-humble-bundle-e3-digital-ticket-information/

just saying...............

Truth In Advertising

When consumers see or hear an advertisement, whether it’s on the Internet, radio or television, or anywhere else, federal law says that ad must be truthful, not misleading, and, when appropriate, backed by scientific evidence. The Federal Trade Commission enforces these truth-in-advertising laws, and it applies the same standards no matter where an ad appears – in newspapers and magazines, online, in the mail, or on billboards or buses. The FTC looks especially closely at advertising claims that can affect consumers’ health or their pocketbooks – claims about food, over-the-counter drugs, dietary supplements, alcohol, and tobacco and on conduct related to high-tech products and the Internet. The FTC also monitors and writes reports about ad industry practices regarding the marketing of alcohol and tobacco.

When the FTC finds a case of fraud perpetrated on consumers, the agency files actions in federal district court for immediate and permanent orders to stop scams; prevent fraudsters from perpetrating scams in the future; freeze their assets; and get compensation for victims.

General Offers and Claims — Products and Services

The Federal Trade Commission Act allows the FTC to act in the interest of all consumers to prevent deceptive and unfair acts or practices. In interpreting Section 5 of the Act, the Commission has determined that a representation, omission or practice is deceptive if it is likely to:

• mislead consumers and 
  • affect consumers' behavior or decisions about the product or service.

In addition, an act or practice is unfair if the injury it causes, or is likely to cause, is:

• substantial
  • not outweighed by other benefits and
  • not reasonably avoidable.

The FTC Act prohibits unfair or deceptive advertising in any medium. That is, advertising must tell the truth and not mislead consumers. A claim can be misleading if relevant information is left out or if the claim implies something that's not true. For example, a lease advertisement for an automobile that promotes "$0 Down" may be misleading if significant and undisclosed charges are due at lease signing.

In addition, claims must be substantiated, especially when they concern health, safety, or performance. The type of evidence may depend on the product, the claims, and what experts believe necessary. If your ad specifies a certain level of support for a claim - "tests show X" - you must have at least that level of support.

Sellers are responsible for claims they make about their products and services. Third parties - such as advertising agencies or website designers and catalog marketers - also may be liable for making or disseminating deceptive representations if they participate in the preparation or distribution of the advertising, or know about the deceptive claims.

• Advertising agencies or website designers are responsible for reviewing the information used to substantiate ad claims. They may not simply rely on an advertiser's assurance that the claims are substantiated. In determining whether an ad agency should be held liable, the FTC looks at the extent of the agency's participation in the preparation of the challenged ad, and whether the agency knew or should have known that the ad included false or deceptive claims.

• To protect themselves, catalog marketers should ask for material to back up claims rather than repeat what the manufacturer says about the product. If the manufacturer doesn't come forward with proof or turns over proof that looks questionable, the catalog marketer should see a yellow "caution light" and proceed appropriately, especially when it comes to extravagant performance claims, health or weight loss promises, or earnings guarantees. In writing ad copy, catalogers should stick to claims that can be supported. Most important, catalog marketers should trust their instincts when a product sounds too good to be true.

Other points to consider:

• Disclaimers and disclosures must be clear and conspicuous. That is, consumers must be able to notice, read or hear, and understand the information. Still, a disclaimer or disclosure alone usually is not enough to remedy a false or deceptive claim.

• Demonstrations must show how the product will perform under normal use.

• Refunds must be made to dissatisfied consumers - if you promised to make them.

• Advertising directed to children raises special issues. That's because children may have greater difficulty evaluating advertising claims and understanding the nature of the information you provide. Sellers should take special care not to misrepresent a product or its performance when advertising to children. The Children's Advertising Review Unit (CARU) of the Council of Better Business Bureaus has published specific guidelines for children's advertising that you may find helpful.

Dot Com Disclosures: Information About Online Advertising, an FTC staff paper, provides additional information for online advertisers. The paper discusses the factors used to evaluate the clarity and conspicuousness of required disclosures in online ads. It also discusses how certain FTC rules and guides that use terms like "writing" or "printed" apply to Internet activities and how technologies such as email may be used to comply with certain rules and guides.           

Edited by Metis

Members
341 posts
1,820 battles

Everyone should be. This is concerning as if WG can not honor this then what can they honor. I firmly believe that WG will make the correct choice and reimburse the players/donors who chose to contribute their hard earned money to a noble cause in exchange for products that WG coded into the game. Yes WG needs profit to survive you promised a product to their players and they failed to provide the details to those players that would effect their decision. It seems to me, and I am sure that I am not alone in thinking of this, that WG has a real communications problem. Somewhere between the team that develops this and the consumers information fails to makes its way to the players. This is not a recipe for success. I hope that WG realizes their weakness and makes the necessary corrections to ensure that their company develops and prospers ;like the vast majority of their players want it to. WG is your are as smart as I know you are you will reimburse your loyal players with what you promised them. After all you did promises. And its not our fault that there was a communications break down. Pls WG give us our simple requests and end this unnecessary debate, so that we may move on and properly test this amazing product of your's. Thank you for taking the time to read this and thank you in advance for your cooperation and support.

Sign in to follow this