Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
StooperDave

Everyone Calm DOWN

14 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
1,997 posts
2,336 battles

^ Title. 

We are literally a few hours into this Humble Bundle fiasco. Lets all calm down and let the wheels turn. I'm sure the main decision making guys at WG HQ are just now being brought up to speed on what transpired and the severity of the damage its doing to the reputation of their brand new game and company. They seem to have already had a SNAFU in communication once. Lets let them sort out a proper response and take care of this mess the right way. 

To Wargaming: Don't drag your feet on this one guys. I like this game, and I want to see what you can turn it into. You do not need this sort of bad publicity right now or it will negatively impact your initial earnings from this title. Please take your time to prepare a proper response but don't take a week, in other words. 

• Cool 1

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,762 posts
16,834 battles

A week or two is not acceptable.

We have an official response from a customer representative stating they are trying to defraud customers out of a bundle people paid money for and did not receive.

I want quick action in the form of the promised goods.  I will not stop asking for that until I receive it.

• Cool 1

Members
244 posts

I didn't even buy in to the Humble Bundle, and I'm contemplating an uninstall. The fact that no sort of compensation was offered by WG is inexcusable.

I did it for WoT because it got boring, I can do the same for WoWS. WG gets no more of my hard earned money, that's for sure.

Alpha Tester
1,997 posts
2,336 battles

We have an official response from a customer representative stating they are trying to defraud customers out of a bundle people paid money for and did not receive.

I want quick action in the form of the promised goods.  I will not stop asking for that until I receive it.

I'm inclined to believe that the support person is probably 100% wrong on this one. As the community manager and a developer chimed in previously stating the opposite: that we would keep the E3 products after CBT. 

I expect to receive my E3 goods as well, If I don't have them by Wednesday I will raise the issue with paypal. I am one of the ones that paid well more than $1. 

What I don't want is more inaccurate information. With the forum blowing up like this its likely that they may try to say something to quiet the fire storm that ends up being false as well and make things worse. All I'm asking for is a few days of calm so that that doesn't happen. 

Beta Testers
37 posts
167 battles

I'm inclined to believe that the support person is probably 100% wrong on this one. As the community manager and a developer chimed in previously stating the opposite: that we would keep the E3 products after CBT. 

I expect to receive my E3 goods as well, If I don't have them by Wednesday I will raise the issue with paypal. I am one of the ones that paid well more than $1. 

What I don't want is more inaccurate information. With the forum blowing up like this its likely that they may try to say something to quiet the fire storm that ends up being false as well and make things worse. All I'm asking for is a few days of calm so that that doesn't happen. 

Don't punish the bundle for a developer they THOUGHT they could trust using them as a fraud cover, the charities don't deserve that. And yes, because you bought it through the bundles site, wargaming doesn't see a penny of that money, so you're just hurting them, the PR nightmare and backlash will do more then enough damage to wargaming, but if you feel like slapping them around more, file a complaint to the HB site, as well as your local BBB or whatever similar organization your nation may have.

Beta Testers
78 posts
99 battles

The guy who made the original post (Gunlion) saying the E3 stuff would transfer to OBT has now said that it will not. This is no longer the right hand not knowing what the left is doing. This is the right hand and left had a meeting and came to this conclusion, no Humble Bundle items will transfer to OBT.

Alpha Tester
1,997 posts
2,336 battles

Don't punish the bundle for a developer they THOUGHT they could trust using them as a fraud cover, the charities don't deserve that. And yes, because you bought it through the bundles site, wargaming doesn't see a penny of that money, so you're just hurting them, the PR nightmare and backlash will do more then enough damage to wargaming, but if you feel like slapping them around more, file a complaint to the HB site, as well as your local BBB or whatever similar organization your nation may have.

Yeah, I thought better of it after i posted it. I will complain through HB. They should be able to refund it since literally the only key i have redeemed from that bundle so far is the world of warships bonus code. that should be evidence enough that i bought the bundle for that code (i was already a closed beta tester previously).

[HFXSD]
Beta Testers
753 posts
8,107 battles

^ Title.

We are literally a few hours into this Humble Bundle fiasco. Lets all calm down and let the wheels turn. I'm sure the main decision making guys at WG HQ are just now being brought up to speed on what transpired and the severity of the damage its doing to the reputation of their brand new game and company. They seem to have already had a SNAFU in communication once. Lets let them sort out a proper response and take care of this mess the right way.

To Wargaming: Don't drag your feet on this one guys. I like this game, and I want to see what you can turn it into. You do not need this sort of bad publicity right now or it will negatively impact your initial earnings from this title. Please take your time to prepare a proper response but don't take a week, in other words.

+1 to you. Well said.

[HFXSD]
Beta Testers
753 posts
8,107 battles

-1(if I had any) for your temper tantrum. People need some bloody patience. WG will clearly not ignore this problem. People crying over and over and over and over and over and over again will do nothing.

Beta Testers
2,420 posts
1,809 battles

It seems to me like just a miscommunication between wg employees, with no evil intent.

That being said, they better do something quick. People are angry

[AXANR]
[AXANR]
Members
70 posts
12,036 battles

1. I use the free to play and work the ship/tank/aircraft chains to see if I really like the end product then I will invest my limited cash.

2. I am disabled and I am on a fixed income so I have to find out if it is a good investment of my limited funds for my entertainment.

3. The only game I am currently heavily invested in is Star Citizen Chris Robert's crowd funded game which is currently in pre-alpha but still has playable content awaiting the first person shooter mod to come out for the game. This I know that they are in production and I am willing to wait for them to come out with content because it is still pre-alpha. I drop by the forums here from time to time awaiting the open beta for world of warships to come out to see if I enjoy the game and it is better than just an arcade type of game. I prefer a more simulator type of game and if this turns out to be another arcade game that would do ok in an old style arcade machine that you stuff your quarters in then I will go away and not darken the doorsteps of Wargaming.net the same as world-of-warplanes and to a lesser extent world-of-tanks.

This is why I play the competition's game because it is more involved and more sim like but if they end up turning into an arcade game then I will be gone from there. I used to play Mechwarrior I played it from the very beginning Crescent Hawks Inception, I really liked that game I stuck with it through the good and bad until I found the best MW game ever Mech Warrior Living Legends and it was killed by Mechwarrior Online which for my money sucks it is not even a quarter of what MWLL was and it was a fan made Mod that was killed by the big guys. So all I can say is be patient see what happens and if Wargaming.net turns it into a total arcade "we-only-want-to-take-your-money-and-give-you-crap-for-game" then show them your heels and head out the door leaving them with none of your money or the least amount possible.

Companies will learn that if they want to be well respected and earn large amounts of cash to give the customer their money's worth and a damn good game not just arcade trash which is fine for Slock Box or Nuntendo not meee and No-play-station. So have patience and see what comes down the pipeline!  

Edited by Trooper_Thorn

Beta Testers
78 posts
99 battles

It seems to me like just a miscommunication between wg employees, with no evil intent.

That being said, they better do something quick. People are angry

I can totally see a miscommunication happening. those things happen. The thing I cannot forgive is when it was brought to their attention there was a 2 hour or so info blackout while they figured out what to do. And the result of that was this. That is what pisses me off. They made a mistake, they came together and knew they made a mistake, and had a meeting on how to proceed. Then decided to crap on everyone that bought it. Thats just ridiculous, and that's where the evil intent comes into play.

Edited by WarFalcon1

Beta Testers
1,708 posts
189 battles

Yes, everyone slow down a bit, before everyone contracts media-rabies. It's entirely possible that getting a refund and an official apology is possible without showing one's testosterone. This is directed at certain individuals. Not everyone. Most people are being rational.

However, groups of people will be defined by their lowest denominator, and this denominator should be aware that their actions are compromising the safety of the entire ship.

Sign in to follow this