Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MagicMikeV

What was the purpose of last week's sale?

14 comments in this topic

[5150]
Beta Testers
152 posts
16,990 battles

I know that the wipe was going to happen sooner or later, but why the hell did they have a 50% sale off of ports and some lower tier ships if they knew they were only going to bring you back to square one anyway a week later? Might has well have given us the ports for free because they got taken away anyway. Wargaming...your logic in any of your games still defies me. That was a pointless sale. How about you do the sale after the account wipes.....ummmm....like maybe this weekend or next?

Banned
3,836 posts

the sale for port slots was so u had room to test more ships before wipe so u know if u want them or not

the sale on low tier ships was to encourage people to play and test them before wipe.

its similar to EXTEEL giving all tis beta testers weapons for 1 credit before it went into open launch (and did a wipe)

Edited by Strike_Witch_Tomoko

[5150]
Beta Testers
152 posts
16,990 battles

the sale for port slots was so u had room to test more ships before wipe so u know if u want them or not

the sale on low tier ships was to encourage people to play and test them before wipe.

How about a better way would to be just to give us the ships to test. Now that sounds encouraging. My point is that they made this big deal over a pointless sale.

Banned
3,836 posts

How about a better way would to be just to give us the ships to test. Now that sounds encouraging. My point is that they made this big deal over a pointless sale.

they did this on test server for WoT.

but then no one plays anything but the high tiers

they need people to test the low tiers as thats what people will be playing first and so will need to be fixed first.

so this way, they make people grind up and not spend all day on high tiers.

add to this they did increase credit/exp income VASTLY in Closed beta test. which it will take longer now. so this did let people get to mid and high tiers fast (but still need to spend time in low tiers for testing)

they made a big deal over the sale cause they wanted people to know "if you want to test the ship you just unlocked but dont have room for before the wipe, now is your chance"

Edited by Strike_Witch_Tomoko

[JRGC-]
[JRGC-]
Beta Testers
71 posts
7,475 battles

Two Words.......CASH GRAB!

All in the name of "charity" of course.

Edited by FUKUYU

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

Entitlement is strong in this one

[JRGC-]
[JRGC-]
Beta Testers
71 posts
7,475 battles

Entitlement is strong in this one

I would disagree with the word entitlement.....it was clearly a case of FALSE ADVERTISING.....People have the right to be upset on this one. whether its 3 dollars or 30 dollars.

Really makes it look bad for Humble Bundle as far as people willing to spend cash there again....SHAME ON WOS!

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

I would disagree with the word entitlement.....it was clearly a case of FALSE ADVERTISING.....People have the right to be upset on this one. whether its 3 dollars or 30 dollars.

Really makes it look bad for Humble Bundle as far as people willing to spend cash there again....SHAME ON WOS!

Also if i were you, change your avatar.

[ONAVY]
Beta Testers
901 posts
12,831 battles

they probably wanted to also make sure the mechanics for sales and such were working, too - which makes sense, right? the gold didn't cost you anything that u used for slots as all gold has been refunded. So what's the issue?

[5150]
Beta Testers
152 posts
16,990 battles

I'm not asking for any entitlement. I just don't like the rug getting pulled from under me. I would of at least liked to spend some more time actually using those 10 ports I bought. Crafty Russians. They think their smart, but yet this game has been carrying on for 4 years in a Beta state. 

[5150]
Beta Testers
152 posts
16,990 battles

they probably wanted to also make sure the mechanics for sales and such were working, too - which makes sense, right? the gold didn't cost you anything that u used for slots as all gold has been refunded. So what's the issue?

Are some of you people just dense? I'm a super tester on the WOT 360 version and they give you a supply of gold / silver / and free XP to do as you like to research different tanks on any tree. The mechanics ARE being tested. How many more years of testing do they need anyway? Maybe by the time I become a member of AARP, this game will have went live. Any other company spending this long to develop software would be out of business. 
Edited by MagicMikeV

[D3VIL]
Beta Testers
79 posts

I'm with Mike in this one. It's ridiculous that there was a sale on spaces that were use useless.

I was about to make the same post.

Hell those spaces should have been free or carried over.

[ONAVY]
Beta Testers
901 posts
12,831 battles

I'm with Mike in this one. It's ridiculous that there was a sale on spaces that were use useless.

I was about to make the same post.

Hell those spaces should have been free or carried over.

They were free though, right? The gold you spent was refunded.... I get that you want them back at half off, just wait and there will be a sale. How can you need more slots right now anyways. And I do get the point that they could have gifted gold and or slots etc, but I think they did not as they wanted to gauge interest in the game -- ie how many people were willing to spend actual money on it.... before OBT. 

[JRGC-]
[JRGC-]
Beta Testers
71 posts
7,475 battles

Also if i were you, change your avatar.

Yea, lets be more worried about an avatar than players getting ripped off....let em ban it, I don't care...what will I lose...NOTHING....they are a fricken joke anyways pulling this  cash grab stunt (And used CHARITY to do it)

I'll fix it when they make it right for the players......the avatar is kinda what we got by them....BENT OVER!

Edited by FUKUYU

Sign in to follow this