Ideas123

Guide to Doubloons

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

19 posts in this topic

Guide to Gold Doubloons

World of Warships utilizes two in-game currencies: credits and gold doubloons.  Credits are gained in battle, while doubloons must be acquired in a special manner.  Doubloons are used for special transactions that are described below.  Gold doubloons were formerly known in the Closed Beta Test as "tokens."2500_piastres.jpg

How Do I Acquire Doubloons?

Doubloons can be purchased in the Premium Shop in a bundle.  World of Warships is currently not part of Wargaming's unified account and thus doubloons are not equivalent to the gold used in World of Tanks and World of Warplanes.  This means that doubloons do not carry over to World of Tanks/World of Warplanes and vice versa, but premium time WILL.  There are special cases, such as tournaments or promotions, where may be given to dedicated players.

What Do I Do With Doubloons?

Doubloons can be used for several transactions in World of Warships:

• the purchase of premium ships: besides the Premium Shop, certain premium vehicles may be purchased from the in-game shop with doubloons
  • the purchase of Port slots: the standard price is 300 doubloons and adds one extra slot to the Port; any ship in the Port requires a slot
  • the purchase of Premium time:
    • Premium time can be purchased in increments from a day to 12 months, which raises the player's XP (including commander experience) and Credits earnings by 50% for the duration of the Premium time
    • bonus features include a unique Port and a bonus musical track; Premium time DOES stack with any modifiers (including the daily first win)
  • the conversion of Ship XP to Free XP: ship-specific XP may be converted to Free XP, which can be used on any ship, at a fee of 1 doubloon per 25 XP
  • the training of a Commander: training a commander in the "Senior Command Course" costs 25 doubloons and gives the commander 3 undistributed skill points, which can be used to master certain skills
  • to demount ship upgrades (equipment): all upgrades to a ship can either be demounted for a price of 25 doubloons or be destroyed
  • to increase number of free places in the Reserve: at a price of 100 doubloons, the Reserve may be expanded by 4 slots (the Reserve stores any commanders who is not assigned to a ship; it is nation-specific)

Additionally, doubloons may be directly converted to credits at a rate of 1 doubloon = 1500 credits.  Credits, however, may NOT be converted back to doubloons.

Edited by Ideas123

Guide to Gold Doubloons

• to demount ship upgrades (equipment): all upgrades to a ship can either be demounted for a price of 25 doubloons or be destroyed

If you want to sell a ship with upgrades, how do you destroy the upgrades instead of 'demounting' for 25 doubloons?

Ok were in beta, do we keep ship research and premium ships when the game goes live?  Because spending money for ships and such that is going to go bye bye is not good.

You pick "Sell" instead of Demount and the ship will sell with the upgrade installed and you'll get 50% of the credit price for it added to the total.

I see it now, thank you!

Ok were in beta, do we keep ship research and premium ships when the game goes live?  Because spending money for ships and such that is going to go bye bye is not good.

The game is already live, there wont be another wipe.

How much is it to buy Derzki?

No need to revive an old thread for a silly question. Go to the Russian Tree and check for yourself.

TL;DR:  It is cheap at 282,000 credits and a little XP, but then it is only in Tier III

Edited by alexf24

If you want to sell a ship with upgrades, how do you destroy the upgrades instead of 'demounting' for 25 doubloons?

If i 'demount' for 25 dubloons, do i get the full credit price back instead of 50% for selling?

How do you gift things like doubloons to another player? 

I'm 99.99999% positive that, short of an exploit, this is not possible.

I'm 99.99999% positive that, short of an exploit, this is not possible.

Or.... just click "send as gift" button underneath purchase :P

Or.... just click "send as gift" button underneath purchase :P

Silly me, I thought he meant doubloons/credits/etc. that were already credited to his own account, as opposed to buying them specifically as a gift.  I guess Christmas came and went pretty fast for me this year. :)

If i 'demount' for 25 dubloons, do i get the full credit price back instead of 50% for selling?

you get the item in your warehouse