Carrier_Furious

How to Carrier.

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

90 posts in this topic

If you hold Shift while pressing "F", then the carrier becomes the last waypoint. This way, you can have the planes fly around dangerous AA and then land.

Didn't know that :P. Thanks, edited it in.

Great guide! I just got my first carrier (Langley) and took it out only to realize that operating the carrier was nothing like the ships. I don't think I added much (anything) to that battle. I tried to find instructions or even the Naval videos, but I have no idea where they are. So, thanks again for this guide!

Thanks for the guide, bought my first cv, a hosho, will try it now on bots. I don't want to inflict a useless cv on a hapless team. BTW, it is a good idea to send planes to a few waypoints on the way back to their cv bec otherwise they give the position of the cv away

Thanks for this guide! Just bought Langley and had no idea how to play yhe thing(I play BB's and CA/CL's):)

I'm having trouble with my fighters.They don't seem very effective compared to the enemy CV's fighters,even when we are identical.

I'm having trouble with my fighters.They don't seem very effective compared to the enemy CV's fighters,even when we are identical.

Which nation are you playing as and which nation are you having trouble against? Do you have module upgrades for your planes or no? 

Which nation are you playing as and which nation are you having trouble against? Do you have module upgrades for your planes or no? 

USA,and my planes are upgraded.I'm having trouble with both,even another USN CV. His VF slaughter my VF.

USA,and my planes are upgraded.I'm having trouble with both,even another USN CV. His VF slaughter my VF.

Are your planes faster than his? If so then he prob has the skill that gives him more damage against faster planes. Are you engaging his planes over AA fire?

Are your planes faster than his? If so then he prob has the skill that gives him more damage against faster planes. Are you engaging his planes over AA fire?

to the first,no. To the second,not always.

Autopilot does set speed to half, however, you can just press the up arrow twice and it doesn't screw it up...

to the first,no. To the second,not always.

Then chances are RNG is just not on your side. Don't ever engage enemy planes over enemy AA fire, unless it is to open a path for your bombers. 

Then chances are RNG is just not on your side. Don't ever engage enemy planes over enemy AA fire, unless it is to open a path for your bombers. 

Thanks,I'll try to remember that!

Sorry if this is a noob question.  I am using Japanese carriers and have used the manual torpedo drop, but I'm not getting the narrow rectangle.  I am still getting a spread out torpedo launch on tier 4 and 5 ships.  I can set the spread closer to the ships, but not in the thin rectangle I am seeing in the YouTube videos.  Am I doing something wrong or has there been a carrier nerf?  New to this forum and game, so bear with me please.

Sorry if this is a noob question.  I am using Japanese carriers and have used the manual torpedo drop, but I'm not getting the narrow rectangle.  I am still getting a spread out torpedo launch on tier 4 and 5 ships.  I can set the spread closer to the ships, but not in the thin rectangle I am seeing in the YouTube videos.  Am I doing something wrong or has there been a carrier nerf?  New to this forum and game, so bear with me please.

Japanese carrier torpedo planes drop have a wider spread while USN is more narrow. Or your attacking cruisers/USN destroyers with the AA burst ability which greatly widens the spread of a torpedo drop. Same happens if attacked by fighters.

Japanese carrier torpedo planes drop have a wider spread while USN is more narrow. Or your attacking cruisers/USN destroyers with the AA burst ability which greatly widens the spread of a torpedo drop. Same happens if attacked by fighters.

Thanks for the clarification.  I have noticed the increase spread with fighters attacking.  And I don't think the ships that I am attacking are high enough tier to have the AA burst yet, so it must be the difference in nation technology.  Bummer.

Thanks for the clarification.  I have noticed the increase spread with fighters attacking.  And I don't think the ships that I am attacking are high enough tier to have the AA burst yet, so it must be the difference in nation technology.  Bummer.

If I'm not mistaken, WG will later change the spread to where it starts off wide but narrows itself out the further it goes, or vice versa. 

Thank god for this guide as I had no idea what I was doing (thank god I was also in a Coop game lol)

Glad I could help, if you have any question, please feel free to ask.

I have the Langley and the Independence. I do better with the Langley and thanks to your guide I think I'll start doing better with the Indy. I play in the minimap mode, is that the best way to play?

I have the Langley and the Independence. I do better with the Langley and thanks to your guide I think I'll start doing better with the Indy. I play in the minimap mode, is that the best way to play?

I don't play all that much anymore, so I can't really tell you whats the right way to play. Top down view or mini map view both work. Develop your own play style and do what you do best.  Edited by Carrier_Furious

I'm a CV newbie. I'm getting the hang of the controls (thanks to this Guide!) but there are a couple of things that I haven't figured out, and haven't found answers in the forum.

1. How can you tell when your aircraft are low or out of ammo?

2. As I understand it, the carrier has a reserve of planes so if a couple of planes in a squadron are destroyed, they are replaced from the reserve. How can you tell how many planes there are in the reserve? (Or am I completely misunderstanding how it works?)

Thanks

Good guide - should note dive bomber manual drop became much tighter and more useful, at least IJN side, after 5.1, so there are more benefits to not fire and forgetting, while hoping the RNG would help out.