You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Daigensui

Kantai Collection Discussion Thread Kai

28,620 comments in this topic

257 posts
5 battles

DUNKIRK!!!

YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING! And those guys wants to tell you a person

HERE I GOOOOO

Kancolle think's you are amazing it's now available in DUNKIRK

Edited by Fan_for_SebVettel

[NDA] Jinxed_Katajainen 1,334
6,170 posts
4,165 battles

来月展開予定の秋イベント2017:期間限定海域の実装準備を全力で進めています。今季秋イベ:期間限定海域は【捷号決戦!邀撃、レイテ沖海戦(前篇)】。

Fall 2017 event: Operation Sho-go Decisive Battle! Ambush, Leyte Gulf Battle (part 1), Two part event panned over fall and winter.

• Cool 1

RedBear87 1,378
7,898 posts
27 battles
On 25/10/2017 at 11:38 PM, Jinxed_Katajainen said:

I'd say it's pretty good.  They have lines for basic things like intro, secretary, attacks, skills, etc.. also unique lines if you match up certain units, like I heard one for HMS Unicorn when in the same fleet with HMS Illustrious...

Probably referencing    Together with the aircraft carrier Illustrious, the ship made a sweep towards the Norwegian coast as part of Operation Governor, a diversion for the Allied landings in Sicily in early July. For this operation, 887 Squadron was replaced by 800 Squadron with Hawker Sea Hurricanes.

I see, thanks for the infos. I should at least give it a try, but it's been almost two weeks since I've installed it and I can't bring myself to do it somehow. After the latest update I had the excuse that I need to grind Michishio...

On a completely unrelated note, I've to say that finally Suzuya (and Kumano)'s new looks feel appropriate for the season...

8CpLzzO.jpg

Also, it looks like gin'ichi is still active (and of course he's playing Azure Lane like everyone else).

• Cool 1

[STEC] tincancarrier 686
955 posts
416 battles
14 hours ago, RedBear87 said:

I see, thanks for the infos. I should at least give it a try, but it's been almost two weeks since I've installed it and I can't bring myself to do it somehow. After the latest update I had the excuse that I need to grind Michishio...

On a completely unrelated note, I've to say that finally Suzuya (and Kumano)'s new looks feel appropriate for the season...

Also, it looks like gin'ichi is still active (and of course he's playing Azure Lane like everyone else).

I forgot to mention something else.

This game is pretty explicitly historical. Actual implicit or explicit allusions to historical events aside, basically a ton of Allied shipgirls have bonuses when attacking their Axis counterparts. They don't do it lightly, either - reading reviews (as well as feedback from our own teammates) have a lot of Japanese players going "I really feel uncomfortable that we're the bad guys" or "I don't think a true patriot would really play this." 

The characterization is generally fairly consistent. Nothing exceptionally lazy like the various clone games. I'd say on par with some of DMM's other games like Touken Ranbou or Flower Knight Girls, as most of KanColle's characterization and lore's supplemented by the light novels and other assorted merchandise. In other words, I think given the same general duration of service (back when KanColle was <a year old) they're probably doing slightly better. Certainly I haven't heard of an Ironbottom Sound-tier event yet. Maybe Jinx can say something about lag or server stability or other hardware issues. 

Honestly, I'm pretty happy to see a (potentially) real challenger to KanColle. Maybe it'll force Tanaka to reassess his strategy and toss us players here a bone. As it stands my mobile gaming slots are largely occupied already. But if one ever opens up, I'd probably join our artists on the uncensored Japanese servers. x) 

Had this thing came out in 2014 when KanColle showed up, I think things would have turned out a lot differently. Their dev team lucked out with a good publisher, too.

Of course the true litmus test is going to be how many doujins show up this winter comiket. x) 

Edited by tincancarrier
  • Cool 1

3,015 posts
1,957 battles
On 10/28/2017 at 7:44 PM, Jinxed_Katajainen said:

来月展開予定の秋イベント2017:期間限定海域の実装準備を全力で進めています。今季秋イベ:期間限定海域は【捷号決戦!邀撃、レイテ沖海戦(前篇)】。

Fall 2017 event: Operation Sho-go Decisive Battle! Ambush, Leyte Gulf Battle (part 1), Two part event panned over fall and winter.

most likely the first part is surigao strait and if so there going to be a lot of PT Boats as they were 39 of them patrolling the strait. 

6,170 posts
4,165 battles
15 hours ago, tincancarrier said:

This game is pretty explicitly historical. Actual implicit or explicit allusions to historical events aside, basically a ton of Allied shipgirls have bonuses when attacking their Axis counterparts. They don't do it lightly, either - reading reviews (as well as feedback from our own teammates) have a lot of Japanese players going "I really feel uncomfortable that we're the bad guys" or "I don't think a true patriot would really play this." 

The characterization is generally fairly consistent. Nothing exceptionally lazy like the various clone games. I'd say on par with some of DMM's other games like Touken Ranbou or Flower Knight Girls, as most of KanColle's characterization and lore's supplemented by the light novels and other assorted merchandise. In other words, I think given the same general duration of service (back when KanColle was <a year old) they're probably doing slightly better. Certainly I haven't heard of an Ironbottom Sound-tier event yet. Maybe Jinx can say something about lag or server stability or other hardware issues.

Yep, that's something I've noticed while playing too.  From how I understand this, there's a 3rd party enemy that everyone's opposed to like the KC Abyssals, but the 'good guys' are in separate factions with the US, UK, USSR in one and Germany and Japan in the other where they're fighting (on oddly historical maps: Pearl, Midway, Solomons, etc) against each other over disagreement on how to deal with them.  So it's not really the fact that the IJN/KM are bad guys per se, but the in-fighting is told from the Allied point of view.

We've had two events so far on the JP server cluster, been pretty simple so far since it's still pretty early after release.  They're easy enough that I was able to finish them on auto, letting them run while I was doing something else.

Haven't seen any lag playing from the US, stability has been good except for one night when they had a loss of link in AWS's network causing a server unavailable and resulting short rollback as well.  Compensation was some coin, fuel, and gems (paid in-game currency).

[CMFRT] Daigensui 2,997
9,354 posts
26 battles
23 hours ago, tincancarrier said:

Of course the true litmus test is going to be how many doujins show up this winter comiket. x) 

Personally I despise the imprudent and sassy tones of the IJN girls. Lewd onee-chan Atago, lewd doggie Shigure.....

I hope there are plenty of KC girls disciplining AL girls. 

• Cool 1

1,301 posts
4 hours ago, Daigensui said:

I hope there are plenty of KC girls disciplining AL girls. 

Starting with AL Shoukaku, proposed by Ikkousen.

mFxttsvl.jpg

KIcM8T6l.jpg

eOZWSLll.png

PZlkdUMl.jpg

Sauce

Edited by MayoiKurayami
  • Cool 1

RedBear87 1,378
7,898 posts
27 battles

To begin with I would like to understand what's up with those nekomimi everywhere, initially I thought that it was some kind of Strike Witches rip-off, then I've noticed that only Japanese ship(girl)s have them, but it looks like there are some exceptions like Akatsuki.

Mah, anyway it's that time of the yearDJzwX5l.jpg

Also, Isokaze's treat (or trick?)

Spoiler

YCu7SjV.jpg

And some SuzuKuma on the same theme

Spoiler

OVNj16S.jpg

• Cool 1

6,170 posts
4,165 battles
1 hour ago, RedBear87 said:

To begin with I would like to understand what's up with those nekomimi everywhere, initially I thought that it was some kind of Strike Witches rip-off, then I've noticed that only Japanese ship(girl)s have them, but it looks like there are some exceptions like Akatsuki.

The IJN shipgirls' appearance generally seem to be based on Japanese folk tales/mythology.  Akagi/Kaga are kyuubi, Shokaku/Zuikaku are cranes, Kagero is in Onmyouji garb, Abukuma appears to be an Oni, Soryu and Shiranui's rabbit ears from the White Hare of Inaba, etc..

RedBear87 1,378
7,898 posts
27 battles
15 hours ago, Jinxed_Katajainen said:

The IJN shipgirls' appearance generally seem to be based on Japanese folk tales/mythology.  Akagi/Kaga are kyuubi, Shokaku/Zuikaku are cranes, Kagero is in Onmyouji garb, Abukuma appears to be an Oni, Soryu and Shiranui's rabbit ears from the White Hare of Inaba, etc..

I can understand some like the Cranes, but most appear to be kind of forced...  For instance it's bizarre that Soryu isn't dragonesque, now that you mention it.

A remix from some time ago of my old favourite Kancolle track ( モドレナイノ)

6,170 posts
4,165 battles
7 hours ago, RedBear87 said:

I can understand some like the Cranes, but most appear to be kind of forced...  For instance it's bizarre that Soryu isn't dragonesque, now that you mention it.

Yeah, feel the same way about AL Soryu.

'Descendants of Dragons' Hosho is there because she was slated to be named Tappi (龍飛) after Tappi Promontory.

GcEGgsw.png

1,301 posts
12 hours ago, Triela50 said:

tumblr_objw7jQAwO1vn87q9o1_540.jpg

Rare photo of Shimakaze helping a TTK upgrade his 12.7cm gun into a 12.7cm High-Angle Mount

On 10/31/2017 at 11:53 AM, RedBear87 said:

So to make ships of a certain nation distinguishable their solution is to give them rather arbitrary national flavors....

Did WG help developed Azurlane?

Edited by MayoiKurayami

[WGA] Mezurashi 374
1,047 posts
2,906 battles
7 hours ago, MayoiKurayami said:

Did WG help developed Azurlane?

Lol, what makes you think that?

3,872 posts
779 battles
5 hours ago, Mezurashi said:

Lol, what makes you think that?

12 hours ago, MayoiKurayami said:

So to make ships of a certain nation distinguishable their solution is to give them rather arbitrary national flavors....

Germany is the "secondary guns" nation

America is the "main guns and anti-air" nation

Russia is the "main guns except better than the US main guns for some reason" nation

Great Britain is the "set everything on fire" nation

Pan Pacific is the "torpedoes that don't hit destroyers for arbitrary reasons" nation

654 posts
128 battles

SInce spoopy season is now over, pumpkinhead Amatsukaze is going bye-bye for now. D8

LZObFEX.jpg

Prinz Eugen says hi, by the way.

• Cool 1

akh101 135
Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,558 posts
3,518 battles

No gonna lie here but Azur Lane looks like Kancolle clone which basically WoWS version of it kind going by some it game-play(with dash of bullet hell add there).

Art is....meh.. and the thing I hate comes to these clone look-alike games is the pure randomness of age looks to represent them(cause we need lolis for battleship and carriers)

Now fact it doing well in japan is rather surprising whether or not make kancolle devs change up there strategies for there game in order to counter azure remains unseen.

edit: I done goof, did not realize that was her insignia IRL on enterprise art, thought it was stolen...:Smile_hiding:

[-K-] Tedster_ 2,405
Members, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers, Supertester, Supertest Coordinator
5,735 posts
4,358 battles

meanwhile, final map of the event confirmed to be surigao strait