You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Daigensui

Kantai Collection Discussion Thread Kai

28,604 comments in this topic

[NDA] Jinxed_Katajainen 1,334
6,170 posts
4,147 battles
28 minutes ago, Lorenzo_Ruiz said:

Well, I'll turn her to a CVB then. As much as night ops would be nice, I think its better to increase my pool of carriere that can take some hits and still be operational.

But what did you mean by night ops equipment? The new planes?

Night operations flight crew and Night operations flight crew + Veteran carrier deck crew in addition to the Night variants of the Hellcat and Avenger were added, so one or more of a combination of these probably allows it.

4,967 posts
60 battles
1 hour ago, EmpressNero said:

AzGDqf9.png

She doesn't come with any new equipment at Mark II.  :(

Always the best waifus at least get Kai Ni & sometimes good stuffs, as usual.

akh101 135
Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,558 posts
3,504 battles

for anyone just curious or don't know the difference between TBF and TBM is just who made it.

TBF if it was built  by Grumman

TBM if it was built by General Motors

and night ver of this seem only built by GM them self

[WGA] Mezurashi 374
1,047 posts
2,906 battles

Well, I won't be getting Sara's Kai Ni for a while. I just spent my two proto catapults for Shoukaku and Zuikaku.

Meh.

[STEC] Lorenzo_Ruiz 663
5,106 posts
743 battles
3 minutes ago, Mezurashi said:

Well, I won't be getting Sara's Kai Ni for a while. I just spent my two proto catapults for Shoukaku and Zuikaku.

Meh.

I have the one from the event and I haven't even gotten the quests yet. Wife and her older sister were catapulted (no pun intended) to CVB form from event rewards.

/bombed by wife

[WGA] Mezurashi 374
1,047 posts
2,906 battles
Just now, Lorenzo_Ruiz said:

I have the one from the event and I haven't even gotten the quests yet. Wife and her older sister were catapulted (no pun intended) to CVB form from event rewards.

/bombed by wife

Well, I only had 1 catapult to begin with from the past events. I only got the second one after this event. I haven't done the quests yet either and it will be a while before I can do them since they're tedious.

[STEC] Lorenzo_Ruiz 663
5,106 posts
743 battles

Meanwhile I don't have the BP and level to upgrade. So working on that right now. I'll upgrade to CVB when I finally get night attack aircraft.

[SYN] MrDeaf 2,573
13,577 posts
8,742 battles

I don't even know how I have 3 protopults

[STEC] Lorenzo_Ruiz 663
5,106 posts
743 battles

Two-hundred and thirty-three screenshots and four hours later, I finally publish this post that I started almost a week ago.

And this is why I don't blog for a big name like Random Curiosity, even if I had written out an application some years ago in a previous recruitment drive for new writers. That and I suck at it.

Not gonna lie, Lycoris was cute until I saw her legs. I might have a slight aversion to that kind of legs due to my Catholic upbringing. But then, that was the point wasn't it?

RUmVHxZl.jpg

Spoiler

IUHCHJOl.jpg

NO BULLI MAH DAUGTHERU.

• Cool 1

4,967 posts
60 battles
8 minutes ago, Lorenzo_Ruiz said:

Two-hundred and thirty-three screenshots and four hours later, I finally publish this post that I started almost a week ago.

And this is why I don't blog for a big name like Random Curiosity, even if I had written out an application some years ago in a previous recruitment drive for new writers. That and I suck at it.

Not gonna lie, Lycoris was cute until I saw her legs. I might have a slight aversion to that kind of legs due to my Catholic upbringing. But then, that was the point wasn't it?

RUmVHxZl.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

IUHCHJOl.jpg

NO BULLI MAH DAUGTHERU.

Speaking of RandomC, a few bloggers sometimes blog a few less popular series like Koi to Uso (which is now nobody talked about it anymore in that blog).

Can't blame you for getting a little triggered by that. Somebody please liberate her from the Abyssal. :(

And speaking of KtU, I posted my recent episode's thoughts. You guys can read it if interested:

Spoiler

Quite frankly, I personally think there’s no inherently right or wrong, good or bad/better or worse choices in this current state of affair. Both two girls are equally good, yet yields equally bad consequences. I mean, I’m seeing those three as prisoners of the system been thrown into the spiral of confusion & misery.

While accepting the Yukari System’s offer, everything seems & feels perfect for the future in the long run, and most of all, doing mankind a “favor”. But still, while everything is so amazing, yet not everyone is happy about it. For me, it feels too perfect that it don’t quite sit well with me sometimes, especially with the notion of doing it for the sake of humanity.

On the other hand, if he choose Misaki, the dream of happiness fulfills. Which, frankly, Misaki really deserves the happiness she needs. Though life in the future may not be perfect, but that’s okay as long as one choose to follow his heart. I just can’t bear myself to see her suffer like that forever. Shuu probably has more than one good reason to back her using her family privilege to influence the Ministry.

There’s more. I managed to catch up with the manga series for a short amount of time, and I found out that the story has more in-depth background, especially with the government’s intervention in someone’s life. As you noticed, we saw the families of Yukari’s, Ririna’s & Nisaka’s. But we yet to see Misaki’s. She barely talked about her own family either. Of course, it’s obvious that it don’t feel right about her even from the start. And that probably be one of the more reasons for Shuu be her guardian other than supporting her to fulfill her wish to the end.

That comes to a suspicion that Misaki’s family either came from an “underprivileged minorities”, or had done something “harmful & unhelpful” to the Ministry’s matchmaking system that resulted to a complicated case that the Ministry don’t dare to make it public that could potentially damage its publicity or both of the two.

Regarding “underprivileged minorities” & Motoi’s past (Warning – potentially strong spoilers “Read it at your own discretion”):

Spoiler

If you read through the manga, you would probably noticed that those came from the non-Yukari endorsed families are been seen as some kind of an underprivileged minorities when Yukari System has become widely popular nationwide. And they look down upon themselves as inferior with low self-esteem. Such as the social stigma of Japan. It’s like granting a social privilege after registered into the matchmaking system to reap its benefits. That has been reflected from Ichijou (Motoi’s partner) who came from a non-Yukari family.

For Ichijou, she initially wanted to turn down the Ministry’s offer & wanted Motoi to be her lover instead of the Ministry-endorsed partner. She really loved Motoi since childhood. But Motoi lacked the initiative to take the chance to get his girl, he then let that one-time golden opportunity go & gone. So ultimately, she probably ended up with her arranged partner, with Motoi living his life with regrets since then. Whenever he sees Ichijou’s wedding ring, he felt disturbed. Sucks to be him, really. With it, he advise Yukari to follow his heart & hopefully don’t regret with his decision made when the time comes.

Noticed the “Three Wise Monkeys” reference? It actually reflects the characters’ perspectives (get ready to be redpilled… soon in the future):

Spoiler

* Misaki is “Speak no evil” – She probably seen & heard something from both the Ministry’s affair & her family’s troubled backgrounds. Bad things would happen should she speaks out the “truth” of what really happened to her & what was trying to prevent her from getting too close with Yukari for long, all those time. She will be in despair should either her family or the Ministry would come after her. Which is probably why Shuu wants to protect her with her family privilege to influence the Ministry.
* Ririna is “See no evil” – An innocent naive girl wishes the best of Yukari’s happiness to the point that she agree to help Yukari to finally end up with Misaki as his real lover as long as Misaki is her best friend. Like me, she frankly thinks Misaki truly deserves better & Yukari should better off be with Misaki for the sake of an everlasting love & happiness that comes naturally. But she’s either unable or unwilling to see something ominous coming to her. What would she do if the “truth” reveals before her? Will she change her mind & submit the Ministry’s offer or risk it all for her best friend’s happiness?
* Yuusuke is “Hear no evil” – Obviously he’s gay for Yukari. But should he caught hearing the “truth”, he will definitely do something terrible up to no good to the Ministry, which is the last thing he wants in order to get his precious boy Yukari for himself.
* Yukari himself is “Do no evil” – Ironically the main reason why he has been so indecisive all this time, because he’s unwilling to take risks in his decision-making that would collaterally harm the people he cares. Regardless of his decision, it’s ultimately all a win-lose scenario in both ways. Mark my words, one day if Yukari realizes the “truth”, he will definitely go insane to the point of probably going to throw a Molotov cocktail & give a big middle finger to the Yukari System, for what has the system put him through all this time. Him being the one who brought the collapse of the very system named after his given name “Yukari” will be the greatest irony in this series.

Keep in mind, even Shuu has placed herself at a dangerous position as Misaki’s guardian, politically. Worst case scenario: If she’s caught red-handed for her possible interference on the Yukari System, not only herself got banished, but also would taint her family’s legacy & ultimately leads to the downfall of the Yukari System. Thus, that also in turn lead to the political crap-show in Japan when the population beginning to question the Yukari System.

Edited by Xero_Snake

[WGA] Mezurashi 374
1,047 posts
2,906 battles

I'm too lazy to level grind. I know I have a few levels left for Zara, Kumano and the crane sisters... but mehhhh. @_@

bgG63DV.jpg

538 posts
33 battles
2 hours ago, Mezurashi said:

I'm too lazy to level grind. I know I have a few levels left for Zara, Kumano and the crane sisters... but mehhhh. @_@

I don't grind levels at all anymore -- I just do the dailies consistently, especially PvP, some of the weeklies/monthlies, and the EO maps up to 4-5.  Pretty much the only ships below level 90 in my fleet now are unused DDs, auxiliary ships, a few event prizes from the last two events, and some dupes.  An hour or so of KC a day basically, outside of events.

• Cool 1

[SYN] MrDeaf 2,573
13,577 posts
8,742 battles

this event was really taxing on player morale, I don't blame anyone for wanting to take a break from kc

[WGA] Mezurashi 374
1,047 posts
2,906 battles
4 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

this event was really taxing on player morale, I don't blame anyone for wanting to take a break from kc

I have a few friends who were long time Admirals, quit after this event. They reckon that the insane event requirements are just too much these days.

[STEC] Lorenzo_Ruiz 663
5,106 posts
743 battles
18 minutes ago, Mezurashi said:

I have a few friends who were long time Admirals, quit after this event. They reckon that the insane event requirements are just too much these days.

Same. A few have resolved to only play on Easy. Some have said "I'm done". I'm the fool who'll continue to play until the servers die.

[SYN] MrDeaf 2,573
13,577 posts
8,742 battles

I took a break from KC after the previous event and only came back for this event.

KC really needs to revamp itself, if it wants a longer life

4,967 posts
60 battles
36 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

I took a break from KC after the previous event and only came back for this event.

KC really needs to revamp itself, if it wants a longer life

Any new ideas? I'm thinking that they need to loose up their grip on historical adherence.

Since it got into mobile online game, it needs to make it friendlier. So far, Z-girls is one of the decent mobile online games I played by far.

3,866 posts
779 battles
35 minutes ago, Xero_Snake said:

Any new ideas? I'm thinking that they need to loose up their grip on historical adherence.

Since it got into mobile online game, it needs to make it friendlier. So far, Z-girls is one of the decent mobile online games I played by far.

Historical adherence is the one thing the game has to differentiate it from the pack.  Start adding in fantasy ships and you'd kill off the playerbase.

[SYN] MrDeaf 2,573
13,577 posts
8,742 battles
38 minutes ago, Xero_Snake said:

Well, for one, the client needs to move away from web based flash

Then, it needs to be a standalone client that supports 720p and 1080p resolutions

Add in the 3D models from KC Arcade as an option

Make it so that you have to click far less

Events need to stop requiring hard mode only equipment, so that you can collect hard mode only equipment to use in the next event.

Resource cap needs to be higher

Debuffing really needs to not be a thing

Needs more fleets and associated uses for extra fleets

Edited by MrDeaf

4,967 posts
60 battles
1 hour ago, EmpressNero said:

Historical adherence is the one thing the game has to differentiate it from the pack.  Start adding in fantasy ships and you'd kill off the playerbase.

I didn't said anything about fantasy ships. What I want to talking about is that the historical warfare events are running out time to time, I can recognize the seasonal events' limits.

506 posts
125 battles
9 hours ago, MrDeaf said:

Events need to stop requiring hard mode only equipment, so that you can collect hard mode only equipment to use in the next event

Requiring equipment to do damage that you can't earn unless you had equipment that lets you do damage last time, is pretty terrible.  I stopped playing a while back, because even with all that gear, it was still entirely up to RNG if you'd get a reasonable clear time or not, and I just don't have time to play some random flash game for 27 hours a day.

468 posts
2,046 battles
10 hours ago, EmpressNero said:

Guess where I am

rZB7vt2.jpg

I forget the town (Falls River? Mass?), but it is in front of USS MASSACHUSETTS. 

[SYN] MrDeaf 2,573
13,577 posts
8,742 battles
12 hours ago, Apache1990 said:

Requiring equipment to do damage that you can't earn unless you had equipment that lets you do damage last time, is pretty terrible.  I stopped playing a while back, because even with all that gear, it was still entirely up to RNG if you'd get a reasonable clear time or not, and I just don't have time to play some random flash game for 27 hours a day.

Lv.96+ ships missing, even with +9★ equipment gets really tiring after a while.