You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
PixelDusts

Available for Mac?

5 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts

Hi I'm a Mac user and I was wondering if this game is available on OSX. If it is, I will consider buying one of the warships for the early beta testing.

Banned
2,485 posts
977 battles

At the moment, not officially supported :/

You'll need either a Windows OS (bootcamp?), or a wrapper (like Wine for Mac) to play it ATM.

Edited by Fog_Carrier_Shoukaku
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
104 posts
445 battles

I wish it were available for Mac. Hopefully WG will see the light down the road and make native Mac versions for all their games. Right now there are people making a Mac wrapper for other WG games. The problem is that the game is converting on the fly and its performance is not great and really taxes the proc severely.

-STUCARIUS-

Beta Testers
419 posts
2,361 battles

Hi I'm a Mac user and I was wondering if this game is available on OSX. If it is, I will consider buying one of the warships for the early beta testing.

PixelDusts,  We have a very good working wineskin wrapper for Mac (not officially supported like on WoT yet).  The instructions for the wrapper and downloading the WoWS client into it are all posted by dstud208 under game guides and tutorials in the closed beta forum.  That means you must buy a ship or ships from the pre-order options--this allows you to access the closed beta forum so you can reads dstud208's posts.  It takes a few hours, once you buy in, to gain access.  Then it takes a few hours to download the wrapper and client and get set up to play.  Forget Bootcamp, parallels--the wrapper is the better choice and it is free and easy to set up.  I have been here for about a month with close to 600 battles without problems.  dstud208 is the Mac man here and is amazing.  You are gonna love this game!

See ya soon,

bo

Beta Testers
428 posts
310 battles

If you want I made a video of the install process for people that don't have CBT access. If you want to check it out before buying into it you can see the video

• Cool 1