Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ariecho

Battleships era: List of ships' contributions from forum players

221 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,238
Alpha Tester
4,440 posts

The purpose of this list is to help people who like to write about their favorite ships find out if the ship has not already been covered by someone else. For a list of ships that will be in the game, look here. Please note that the fact that a ship or a class has already been covered does not mean that you shouldn't write about it anyway.
.
The full list reached almost 500 ships, at which point, the forum didn't accept any new update.  Should you want to follow a specific ship, check the following lists.  I asked wargaming to get the new list pinned a few weeks ago, but didn't get any answer.

 

US ships 

UK ships 

Russian/USSR ships

Japanese ships

Italian ships 

German ships

French ships

Minor naval countries' ships

Edited by Ariecho
  • Cool 26

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
3,187 posts
58 battles

Would you like a page on the Wiki to maintain and update this?

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,451
Alpha Tester
4,453 posts
535 battles

Nice list of vessels, but none of those are ships...  In fact none of those even have sails of any sort!   :trollface:

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,238
Alpha Tester
4,440 posts

View Posttriptyx, on 23 April 2013 - 06:40 PM, said:

Would you like a page on the Wiki to maintain and update this?

Feel free to duplicate it if you wish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,238
Alpha Tester
4,440 posts

View PostMM2ss, on 23 April 2013 - 06:41 PM, said:

Nice list of vessels, but none of those are ships...  In fact none of those even have sails of any sort!   :trollface:

Continue, and I'll call them boats ...  :trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,451
Alpha Tester
4,453 posts
535 battles

I call them targets myself.   :glasses:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,238
Alpha Tester
4,440 posts

View PostMM2ss, on 23 April 2013 - 07:03 PM, said:

I call them targets myself.   :glasses:

Check your signature... I haven't seen any submarine with sails either ...  :trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,451
Alpha Tester
4,453 posts
535 battles

We do not claim to be ships either, we have only one sail.  :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,238
Alpha Tester
4,440 posts

Then why does your signature speak about the crew being the ... *drum rolls* ... "ship" ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
389 posts
1,007 battles

A good list of the ships we've already covered, but I suggest that we cover other ships besides the well-known ones such as Bismarck or Yamato.  There are still a lot of ships that could be covered here in the Battleship Era section of the forums.  Still, I think a +1 is in order for you Ari for making this list.

Edited by Robert9670

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,238
Alpha Tester
4,440 posts

View PostRobert9670, on 23 April 2013 - 07:38 PM, said:

A good list of the ships we've already covered, but I suggest that we cover other ships besides the well-known ones such as Bismarck or Yamato.There are still a lot of ships that could be covered here in the Battleship Era section of the forums.  Still, I think a +1 is in order for you Ari for making this list.

Thanks!  The idea is for people to look at the list, and see if the ship that they want to cover has not already been covered by someone else.  This would prevent the "hey, I already did this ..." kind of answer.  It shows the "holes" in what we still need to cover.  Obviously, US and Japan fleets are alreay vastly covered.  Other trees need some work, such as Italian and Russian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
389 posts
1,007 battles

View PostAriecho, on 23 April 2013 - 07:41 PM, said:

Thanks!  The idea is for people to look at the list, and see if the ship that they want to cover has not already been covered by someone else.  This would prevent the "hey, I already did this ..." kind of answer.  It shows the "holes" in what we still need to cover.  Obviously, US and Japan fleets are alreay vastly covered.  Other trees need some work, such as Italian and Russian.
Don't forget the Australians and the Dutch.  Hopefully maybe someone will decide to cover the ships they used as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,451
Alpha Tester
4,453 posts
535 battles

View PostAriecho, on 23 April 2013 - 07:35 PM, said:

Then why does your signature speak about the crew being the ... *drum rolls* ... "ship" ...

Because it was written by some officer somewhere and not by an enlisted submariner.  Everyone knows that officers don't know jack.   :glasses:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,238
Alpha Tester
4,440 posts

View PostRobert9670, on 23 April 2013 - 07:51 PM, said:

Don't forget the Australians and the Dutch.  Hopefully maybe someone will decide to cover the ships they used as well.
True!  I expect Russians and Italians to be released way before the Australians (if any) and the Dutch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
389 posts
1,007 battles

View PostAriecho, on 23 April 2013 - 07:56 PM, said:

True!  I expect Russians and Italians to be released way before the Australians (if any) and the Dutch.
I was thinking that someone should cover the history of their ships.  For example, the Dutch Navy's Java - class light cruiser.  Right now, I'm working on a thread about HMS Courageous (50).
Edited by Robert9670

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
564 posts
1,104 battles

Here are a couple I did long ago

 

Sovetsky Soyuz

Littorio

 

 

and just for the future:

Sumner class Destroyer

 

 

I am no warship expert, so not a lot of information was displayed, but they are nice placeholders until someone does.

 

edit: anyone find it interesting that the Littorio one is archived but the Sovetsky Soyuz one is not, even though the Soyuz article is older?

Edited by SimulationX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,238
Alpha Tester
4,440 posts

View PostRobert9670, on 23 April 2013 - 08:21 PM, said:

I was thinking that someone should cover the history of their ships.  For example, the Dutch Navy's Java - class light cruiser.  Right now, I'm working on a thread about HMS Courageous (50).

Nice!  Can't wait to see it.

When it comes to Dutch ships, I let JeeWeeJ cover them, he's the expert.
Edited by Ariecho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
258 posts

View PostAriecho, on 23 April 2013 - 07:25 PM, said:

Check your signature... I haven't seen any submarine with sails either ...  :trollface:
well..... i know it doesn't serve the same purpose as a sail on a boat but.............
"In naval parlance, the sail (American usage) or fin (European/Commonwealth usage) of a submarine is the tower-like structure found on the dorsal (topside) surface of submarines"

:trollface:  :trollface:  :trollface:  :trollface:  :trollface:  :trollface:  :trollface:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
342
Alpha Tester
1,054 posts
3,614 battles

I've been thinking about putting out a list of the ship blueprints I've compiled, they're basically the preliminary designs of every single ship the Bureau of Construction and Repair drew up from 1911-1925, and 1938-1945.  Who would be interested in that threadnought?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,275
Alpha Tester
5,710 posts
1,908 battles

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×