You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sitheris

New hit sound

9 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
19 posts
1,695 battles

Yea I know its not the biggest deal but being a sound horror I really can't stand the new sound when you hit an enemy!

Edited by rayanater637

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,608 battles

TBH this is very low on their priority list or should be. Why it got changed is beyond me as there's just going to be alot of sound mods anyway.

[VRR]
Beta Testers
1,141 posts
3,878 battles

I'm not sure about the new sounds.  My New Mexico's main battery sounds like a machine gun firing just slowed down.  The guns just sound...well wrong.

If you go to 1.29.20 you can see what appear to be 6 and 5 inch guns firing, these are making the noises similar to what we're getting with the US BB 14 inch guns. They ain't that impressive.  I'm sure there will be sound mods like gnomefather's one for WoT made though and we can use them to replace the inferior WG sounds.

Edited by sharlin648
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
19 posts
1,695 battles

TBH this is very low on their priority list or should be. Why it got changed is beyond me as there's just going to be alot of sound mods anyway.

Yea I understand its not the most important thing but I would still like it to be changed :)

Beta Testers
19 posts
1,695 battles

My biggest worry for this game is that it will become to reliant on mods to fix the problems that war gaming causes.

Edited by rayanater637
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
89 posts
2,087 battles

I dislike the new hit sounds, but I also think the "being hit" sounds should be addressed as well.  I frequently find myself questioning how I died now that I can't seem to hear/ detect when I've been hit by shells for some odd reason.  Perhaps it's just me?

Beta Testers
305 posts

The new sounds, in general, are horrendous. The battleship main battery sound effects remind me of nothing less than some redneck "over the nearest hill" firing a shotgun. It has this strange, echo-y, hollow quality to it that's completely inferior to the original audio. And then the "horror movie" EERRRRRRRRRR whenever you hit something is just weird... why does my own ship groan when another hurts? Is it being empathetic? Are all my battleships the Kirby of boats?

Edited by Battlecruiser_Renown

Beta Testers
3 posts
2,370 battles

I like the improved fidelity of the new sound but completely agree that it lacks the deep rumbling bass of large artillery.  I wouldn't want to go back to the old sound, I would rather they improve the new sound.

Beta Testers
2 posts
9,920 battles

Any one notice that incoming shells make no sounds or very little sounds at all now? Got hit in my DD with out knowing i was hit.

[NDA]
Beta Testers, Beta Testers
235 posts
4,323 battles

I dislike the new hit sounds, but I also think the "being hit" sounds should be addressed as well.  I frequently find myself questioning how I died now that I can't seem to hear/ detect when I've been hit by shells for some odd reason.  Perhaps it's just me?

I'm finding that as well. The only indication I get is the red/orange flash of "OwieWTF?!"