Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Luuthur

Torpedos From CV's

12 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
20 posts
912 battles

So i dont know if its just with the Patch today but i have been completely destroyed in secs by torpedos being dropped right on me with no warning. arent there supposed to be an arming time on the damn things? if this is working as intended it needs a nerf badly..

Beta Testers
2,855 posts
9,046 battles

You want to give CV a try? I can guarantee you a Nagato can do a 180 by the time the torpedoes arm. Also you can see planes more than 10km away so you have at least a minute of warning.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
366 posts
1,461 battles

indeed, give it a try 1st before claiming this. if you get wrecked by torpedoes it is probably your fault from either not paying attention or spending to much time in sniper view. watch this awsome vid from Ichase. it covers basic defensive tactics against torps.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
3,072 posts
1,908 battles

So i dont know if its just with the Patch today but i have been completely destroyed in secs by torpedos being dropped right on me with no warning. arent there supposed to be an arming time on the damn things? if this is working as intended it needs a nerf badly..

Haven't things been changed enough without this being posted?
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
59 posts
24 battles

I don't know what you're playing,  but CVs have little to no impact on a match right now unless their enemies are deaf and blind fools that don't know how to turn their ship.
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
271 posts
489 battles

Haven't things been changed enough without this being posted?

Nerfed severely more than enough.

I can't say I wasn't expecting to see it again tho... Just hoping WG realizes this whining never ends till they remove CV entirely and revert them back to pro-1.3.

Edited by Aron0621
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
3,072 posts
1,908 battles

Nerfed severely more than enough.

I can't say I wasn't expecting to see it again tho... Just hoping WG realizes this whining never ends till they remove CV entirely and revert them back to pro-1.3.

If they did that I would stop playing completely. I joined this game Only because I saw some CV game play.
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
20 posts
912 battles

You want to give CV a try? I can guarantee you a Nagato can do a 180 by the time the torpedoes arm. Also you can see planes more than 10km away so you have at least a minute of warning.

I am more than capable of avoiding torps when i see the planes in the distance and turn into them as soon as i see them dip down for the drop, i was in a channel with very little water on each side and was torped instantly, this is an issue that needs to be addressed. they need an arming time. im not complaining if i get torped and i was not quick enough to react, thats on me, but when they get dropped right next to and i can reach out and touch the planes, thats a problem.. i will try to record this event if possible for future posting. im not the only one having this issue.

Beta Testers
1,313 posts
12,709 battles

Torps have a minimum arming distance, and it's about the length of a medium size BB. Some say it's too close, some too far.

Torp runs don't work right when next to terrain. In fact, I won't attempt to do so when running a CV because terrain will make torp planes do odd things, nix runs, etc. So, whatever happened here is an anomaly. Perpendicular torp runs from air in a channel are pretty next impossible to do.

If you don't like this happening in open water, then stay close to your CAs which is what the game developers intended. If you want to run rogue in your big, bad BB without AA support plan on being a torpedo piñata.

One thing I noticed after the 3.1 update was some of my cruisers, which were already pretty agile are even more nimble. CV drivers are at an increasing disadvantage right now, and their only viable targets are BBs running by themselves.

Edited by Scotty_SE

Alpha Tester
23 posts
95 battles

If you have never played a CV and your stats kind of stink then you have no right to speak on what a CV can or can not do. Learn how to play better before you cause the developers to ruin this game by crying to make only the class of ship you use the only

[MLPVA]
Beta Testers
348 posts
4,214 battles

list of torpedo complaints is becoming OP, please nerf

Well, since you liked it, have a short, non comprehensive list (no particular order, I just did searches):

And the big infamous one: http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/18240-please-remove-sky-cancer-carriers-from-the-game

Not quite done yet, I've gone through maybe 1/6th of my search results. Will finish up tomorrow if time permits.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,441 posts
509 battles

With this patch, they nerfed air-dropped torpedo damage to the ground. 

With this patch, they added super-powerful AA platforms to the game (aka American battleships).

With this patch, they buffed the turning circles of some battleships so much, they look like they'd capsize when at full rudder.

This patch is essentially a nerf-CV, buff-all update, yet here we still have some people complaining about torpedo bombers...

0 posts

Indeed, if your aren't half dead in the brain, or your steering isn't damage with the repair on the cooldown...you can...dodge quite easily. 

Sign in to follow this