Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Davidus

Type 26 GCS

10 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
506 posts
896 battles

Stealth on ships is generally a tricky thing to actually make work, fortunately it looks like they won't be as terrible as the DD(X)es. The problem is the spray a ship kicks up and the acute angle between her and the sea are both highly reflective, and even a tumblehome is going to reflect sometimes when it pitches. Better to be somewhat stealthy and have good seakeeping than be a terrible sailing ship that is slightly better than that at stealth.

Members
28 posts

Its looking a lot prettier than the Type 45 Destroys that have just entered service.

I just hope the contracts are going to be coming to Glasgow. I saw a number of the 45's, a few misc frigates that went to overseas nations and part of Queen Elizabeth being built there :)

Alpha Tester
170 posts
4,725 battles

mini type 45's.

I like the look of em but hope they get the equipment in the spec and are not built "fitted-for-but-not-with" like alot of our ships are these days... :Smile_sceptic:

Alpha Tester
5,710 posts
2,411 battles

View Postpointzu, on 06 October 2012 - 11:17 AM, said:

£127 m. for this ship?? :Smile_amazed:

A drop in the ocean compared to other ships (excuse the pun)

Alpha Tester
170 posts
4,725 battles

View Postpointzu, on 06 October 2012 - 11:17 AM, said:

£127 m. for this ship?? :Smile_amazed:

look at the proposed spec for these ships and you can uderstand the costs involved, also small build runs = higher individual unit costs alas. Look at the Type 45's £1.5Billion per ship after the order was halved due to all the R & D costs being divvied up between six hulls instead of 12.