You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Super_Dreadnought

Which nation should be 5th, 6th, 7th to arrive

Which nation should be 5th, 6th, 7th to arrive  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Which nation should be 5th

• Marine Nationale (France)
    • Regia Marina (Italy)
    • Imperial Russian Fleet/Red fleet (Russia)
  2. 2. Which nation should be 6th

• Regia Marina (Italy)
  3. 3. Which nation should be 7th

• Regia Marina (Italy)

66 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,008 posts
5,814 battles

As we are aware the United States Navy and Imperial Japanese Navy will be the release nations. The Royal Navy will be following them closely in third. And according to developer Teit the Kaiserliche Marine/Kreigsmarine will 'likely' be in fourth place. That nicely covers the major naval powers of WW1/WW2, 2 allied sides, 2 axis sides.

But which of the secondary naval powers would you like to see Wargaming release as the 5th, 6th, and 7th nations?

Marine Nationale (France)

Regia Marina (Italy)

Imperial Russian Navy/Red Fleet (Russia)

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,991 posts
760 battles

France and Italy would probably be easier then Russia, and Russia's route would have a lot of other nation's ships and paper ships. It'd feel a lot like the Chinese route in WoT..

So I'd vote

France --> Italy --> Russia

Beta Testers
76 posts
1,297 battles

I am going with France 5th, Italy 6th, and Russia for the 7th spot.

Beta Testers
116 posts
616 battles

View PostDeadnought, on 30 March 2013 - 02:13 AM, said:

But which of the secondary naval powers would you like to see Wargaming release as the 5th, 6th, and 7th nations?

Marine Nationale (France)
Regia Marina (Italy)
Imperial Russian Navy/Red Fleet (Russia)
I would go France 5th, Italy 6th, and Russia 7th...basically the order you have them listed.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,991 posts
760 battles

It's not a matter of not liking Russia, it's the fact that Russia would have a lot of repeat ships, and a lot of ships that never existed.

Italy and France both had significant surface fleets.

Alpha Tester
585 posts

Italy should come fifth

France may come next.

I know it's a russian made game, but i think they can hold off on there tree till seventh.

Edited by NordicRose

Alpha Tester
150 posts
1,872 battles

View PostNordicRose, on 30 March 2013 - 03:39 AM, said:

Italy should come fifth
France may come next.
I know it's a russian made game, but i think they can hold off on there tree till seventh.

It has nothing to do with who is making it. The votes should be based on knowledge of the navies of these nations. Russia never cared to have a navy because 95% of what they did was Land and Air. France and Italy should be before Russia. They had alot of different vessels and some were actually interesting.

Alpha Tester
203 posts
775 battles

View PostGrodgen, on 30 March 2013 - 05:52 AM, said:

It has nothing to do with who is making it. The votes should be based on knowledge of the navies of these nations. Russia never cared to have a navy because 95% of what they did was Land and Air. France and Italy should be before Russia. They had alot of different vessels and some were actually interesting.
Maybe not who is making it.  But definitely has something to do with where their biggest market is.  If, like in WoT, their biggest market is in Russia and Russians want a Russian line of ships in WoWS, you can expect a company in the business to make money will do their best to please their demographic.

Alpha Tester
4,720 posts
12 battles

View Posttrojankv, on 30 March 2013 - 06:34 AM, said:

Maybe not who is making it.  But definitely has something to do with where their biggest market is.  If, like in WoT, their biggest market is in Russia and Russians want a Russian line of ships in WoWS, you can expect a company in the business to make money will do their best to please their demographic.

Last I heard, the Japanese tree is going to do alot to satisfy the russian market so that wont really be an issue.

Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
11,461 posts
1,963 battles

France and Italy should come 5th and 6th and i don't mind which comes first.

[MILT]
Alpha Tester
1,226 posts
1,728 battles

he-he Id make it appear in the post but remember what happened last time :trollface:

Edited by Appollosnos

Members
533 posts

Interestingly, if we count ships that were laid down as well as those completed, Russians have more dreadnought battleship and battle cruiser classes than French or Italians (7 against 5/5). Russians also have a clear candidates for tier 10 in every type of ship (large and fast destroyer leaders for tier 10 DD, cruiser X with 9.4-in guns or Pr. 22 or perhaps even the early Pr. 82 with 220mm for tier 10 cruiser, Pr. 24 for tier 10 battleship, Kostromitinov's design and other large carrier variants for tier 10 carrier).

All of these trees will need significant amount of paper ships to pull off full battleship and carrier techtrees, and some paper ships will be needed for cruiser trees as well. Granted, Russians will need to use more of those in case of cruisers.

Any order of introduction is fine by me, though I have preference for Italians over the other two.

[XODUS]
Alpha Tester
4,697 posts
2,130 battles

Italy can probably fill a competitive tree more easily than France when it comes to cruisers; the reverse in destroyers. The Italians can probably fit more battleships in though so purely on ease-of-creation Italy will be fifth.

On personal preference, I'd like France, but they had significant gaps in new construction/significant refitting.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,407 posts
15,834 battles

France and Italy would ideally come out at the same time but if I had to choose France then Italy then Russia/Soviet Union.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,008 posts
5,814 battles

BTW I decided not to include Rest-of-Europe, or South America as choices because between the US/Japan/UK/Germany/France/Italy/Russia, Wargaming have years of material to work with before they even need to worry about it. There's no need to think about them at this early stage before the other minor powers have been released.

Also I didn't include a commonwealth option because 1) I don't believe there should be one, and 2) imho any unique commonwealth ships can just be slotted in as premiums with the RN and USN.

And as for a lack of a Chinese counterfeit fleet as a choice in the poll...

Posted Image

...this face says it all about what I think of such an idea.

Beta Testers
18 posts
1,084 battles

That is a hard Q for instance will there be significant pre-ww1? ww1? and ww2 the 3 were really vastly different.

So England v France with Japanese allied to the British with the Russians allied to the French.  That would have been the expected pre-drednaught alignment, even WW1 was expected along those lines.  The Americans were really non-aligned, or maybe fighting the Spanish.

I'd love to re-fight some older pre ww2 battles, the latest and greatest isnt necessarily the most fun.  Still have some of my level 1 & 2 tier tanks...just as fun as the bigger ones possibly more so.

regards

Beta Testers
18 posts
1,084 battles

"That nicely covers the major naval powers of WW1/WW2, 2 allied sides, 2 axis sides."

======

2 of each?  you are way off on eras, the Japanese for WW1 aligned with whom?

Everything points to WW2 era action and the wallet...ie Americans wouldn't buy the game unless they get to play US WW2 ships, pounding the japanese.  Kind of fair enough...taht one probably learned from WofT.

The balance will be interesting.  I assume just like WofT there is no economic balance.  The Washington treaty was flouted by the Japanese so they era units would be better than many equiv US & British ones. So older but bigger Japanese units in the same tier as newer US? hrmm...