You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
cgbosn4

Bourgogne or Mecklenburg?

28 comments in this topic

[USCG]
Members
1,004 posts
31,448 battles

Have steel to burn and a coupon to use before the 9th. I’m not a BB player but both of these interest me.

Thoughts?

[GOB]
Members
4,389 posts
24,106 battles
5 minutes ago, cgbosn4 said:

Have steel to burn and a coupon to use before the 9th. I’m not a BB player but both of these interest me.

Thoughts?

Had to make the same choice. Saw a couple of Vids and went with MECK

• Haha 1

[FALCO]
Members
35 posts
14,231 battles
8 minutes ago, cgbosn4 said:

Tenga acero para quemar y un cupón para usar antes del 9. No soy un jugador de BB, pero ambos me interesan.

¿Pensamientos?

I have the Meck and I regret buying it

[ARGSY]
Members
31,023 posts
29,215 battles

Bourgogne first, especially if you do not already have Jean Bart or JB Black. 

Mecklenburg excites my curiosity as the sort of ship I could really enjoy driving down the bots' throats in co-op, especially with my Lutjens commander working his way to 21 points right now, but I don't think she has as much universal applicability across all game modes as Bourg (and I have two other ships in the waitlist ahead of her that have been waiting a year for consideration).

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,923 posts
23,617 battles

Hmm, that one is a doozy.  I have both, and I like both. :cap_hmm:  It honestly depends on your style of play.  Mecklen can do some very good work up close, but suffers at range.  Bourgogne can do work at range and up close, but suffers from weak secondaries and being a touch squishier.

3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Bourgogne first, especially if you do not already have Jean Bart or JB Black.

Even if he has JB and/or JBB, he won't go wrong getting Bourgogne still. :Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

Members
4 posts
12,885 battles

I would recommend Mecklenburg.  Though it’s a really tough choice. The bourg ‘s speed and fire power is no joke and the play style would be really fun. I still like Mecklenburg more. The sixteen guns with excellent default accuracy means you could build survivability or full-secondary on her. These are both viable choices. It packs a really serious punch during close quarters and even has torps for it. The aa on the ship is really good so you could worry less about cvs. On top of all these, it’s german!

• Meh 2

[USCG]
Members
1,004 posts
31,448 battles

Thanks to all for your thoughts. I have Jean Bart and admit she’s probably my favorite T9 BB. I was leaning towards Bourgogne but the Meck just keeps tapping my shoulder.

Also wonder if WGing has plans on pulling the Bourgogne since she’s been in the armory for while and the Meck is kinda new.

Still on the fence…

[NG-NL]
Members
7,136 posts
12,568 battles

IDK that WG intends to pull any Steel ships.

That said, never had enough to buy one, so never watched to see if any pulled from Armory.

Members
4 posts
12,885 battles
1 minute ago, cgbosn4 said:

Thanks to all for your thoughts. I have Jean Bart and admit she’s probably my favorite T9 BB. I was leaning towards Bourgogne but the Meck just keeps tapping my shoulder.

Also wonder if WGing has plans on pulling the Bourgogne since she’s been in the armory for while and the Meck is kinda new.

Still on the fence…

No idea on that. I would say that bourg is very strong and if you’re worried about it then go for it. Given the popularity of bourg now, I could see wg would say “ we want more diversity blah blah.....”. Given that you have JB, I still think getting a new play style tier 10 steel is more worth it than getting a mega jb. 

[SVF]
Members
2,916 posts
2,776 battles
2 minutes ago, cgbosn4 said:

Still on the fence…

Go with Bourgogne first imo, if only for the fact she's been around for longer and more likely to get the bogus WG treatment of "Oh no, she's too popular, gotta remove her from availability!".  Specs wise, Bourg can also overmatch high tier CLs' bow/stern plating whereas Meck's 305s lack such capability.

[ARGSY]
Members
31,023 posts
29,215 battles
5 minutes ago, Volron said:

Even if he has JB and/or JBB, he won't go wrong getting Bourgogne still.

Oh, I know. Last Christmas I was sitting on the decision of Bourgogne vs. Incomparable. I decided to defer Bourgogne to the June 2022 coupon because I already had JB and the premium Pan-Asian Alsace clone, so if they'd pulled Bourg before I could get to her, I would have had fewer regrets than if they'd pulled Incomparable early for being OP and I'd missed out on that.

When I did get Bourgogne, I asked myself once more, "Do I really need this, given that I already have Jean Bart and Wujing?" Given some of the better games I've had in her, turns out the answer was yes. 

[DCMA]
Beta Testers
1,938 posts
27,724 battles
34 minutes ago, cgbosn4 said:

Thoughts?

Bourgogne hands down...no contest

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
12,057 posts
21,291 battles

I had a crush on a girl once, her last name was Mecklenburg, maybe not the same spelling. Oh to be in 8th grade again, knowing what I know now.

• Haha 2

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
8,370 posts
29,395 battles
3 hours ago, cgbosn4 said:

Thoughts?

Wasn't too keen to get a German bb until I watched 2 videos in a row from TOPTIER on 

YouTube.  

It's a very accurate 12 gun ship. Aim for mid belt and you get 10 to 12 k salvos. HE is great too.

It can kite and hold a flank.

[WOLFH]
Members
724 posts
31,715 battles

I have the Bourgogne & the Mecklenburg and have used both in Tier 10 Ranked battles.

I'd say the Bourgogne is the better ship (and if you ask the good streamers it's the one they tend to recommend) ,

but I like the Mecklenburg more.

I did do better with the Bourgogne though.

---

One thing to point out about the Mechklenburg is,  it has good Main Battery guns and not enough secondary guns (compared to the others) so it's the one German Premium BB where a recommended build is NOT the secondary build :Smile-_tongue:

[WK]
1,923 posts
23,617 battles
7 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Oh, I know. Last Christmas I was sitting on the decision of Bourgogne vs. Incomparable. I decided to defer Bourgogne to the June 2022 coupon because I already had JB and the premium Pan-Asian Alsace clone, so if they'd pulled Bourg before I could get to her, I would have had fewer regrets than if they'd pulled Incomparable early for being OP and I'd missed out on that.

When I did get Bourgogne, I asked myself once more, "Do I really need this, given that I already have Jean Bart and Wujing?" Given some of the better games I've had in her, turns out the answer was yes. 

hahaha  I've mentioned this before, but there is a reason why Bourgogne is so highly praised by a lot of players of all skill levels. :Smile_playing:

[AM-PM]
Members
325 posts
8,626 battles

Bourgogne is unique in its way in the French line.  Mecklenburg is very similar to other German offerings.

Bourgogne first… but look forward to Meck maybe… if something else doesn’t catch the attention first :)

Members
47 posts
17,479 battles

As you said you’re not a BB player, I’d recommend Bourg as it kinda plays like a cruiser.  That French speed boost allows you to get on the flank quickly and the MBRB lets you punish broadside cruisers with those excellent guns.  It really is a fun ship

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
927 posts
19,665 battles
9 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

Had to make the same choice. Saw a couple of Vids and went with MECK

Bourgogne first, Mecklenburg later. Both are not bad but Bourg is more accurate, I feel. Meck is more of a sprayer.

[BB-C4]
Beta Testers
398 posts
14,376 battles
17 minutes ago, Willy55_1955 said:

Bourgogne first, Mecklenburg later. Both are not bad but Bourg is more accurate, I feel. Meck is more of a sprayer.

probably RNG for you there. Bourgogne has the standard french/italian BB dispersion, Mecklenburg uses BC dispersion and cruiser sigma. So its probably either lucky RNG, aiming bug(which I've noticed that before the camera changes Mecks accuracy was way better, but its one of the ships affected by the aiming bugs alongside), or maybe might be just you(IE the ships ballistics or something isn't working with your aiming/leading).

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,069 posts
30,849 battles
1 hour ago, MBT808 said:

probably RNG for you there. Bourgogne has the standard french/italian BB dispersion, Mecklenburg uses BC dispersion and cruiser sigma. So its probably either lucky RNG, aiming bug(which I've noticed that before the camera changes Mecks accuracy was way better, but its one of the ships affected by the aiming bugs alongside), or maybe might be just you(IE the ships ballistics or something isn't working with your aiming/leading).

While the Le Royale with Cheese has FR Battleship dispersion, which is awful, it is a 1.8 Sigma Battleship with 12 guns.  1.8 and 1.9 Sigma is usually the realm of 8-9 gun Battleships, a few exceptions of course (Nagato, Colorado, Yamato).  12+ gun BBs often are straddled with horrible Sigma.  VI New Mexico, VI Fuso, VII Lyon, X Cristoforo Colombo, even IX Pommern.  A few 12 gun BBs like Arizona and Bourgogne are the exception, as they have 1.8.

So Le Royale with 12 guns on 24.8 seconds reload with MBM3 can be pretty forgiving.  A shotgun with decent enough accuracy.  Pop Main Battery Reload Booster at a critical time, throwing out lots of the excellent, hard hitting French 380mm AP shells, the ship is something I would not want shooting at my Cruiser.

Tier IX Jean Bart is still well regarded.  She has the same guns as many other FR Battleships, to include Richelieu and Bourgogne even.  Jean Bart has 8 of these guns with 1.9 Sigma, and that firepower is still to be respected.  So Bourgogne having 12 guns and only worsening to 1.8 while still pumping out shells quickly, it's a scary ship.

But anyways, all this talk aside, I would abide by taking both Mecklenburg and Bourgogne.

9c169323effa72a5bea64fa3b7d9da2d.gif

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway