You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Weekend Spree 2 to 4 December 2022

26 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
31,058 posts
29,279 battles

Derped my merry way through a stream on Saturday. Dabbled on Sunday. Did my dailies; not much else.

My older laptop, not quite fit for both playing and streaming at the same time in anything resembling good quality, became the subject of an interesting experiment. I downloaded an emulator for the Commodore 64  microcomputer, and am re-educating myself in the ins and outs of that system. My downfall was to know too many people who could supply me with games, and I failed to follow the alternative path, which was programming.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,534 posts
29,659 battles

I finished off the Japanese cruiser event Friday morning and pretty much chilled after that. I'm to level 61 in Battle Pass after the all the grinding. The rewards may be the same - or a bit better - but the grind is worse (or it seemed that way to me). 

Now I have to decide if I really want to spend $2 to get enough doubloons to buy in to the Premium Battle Pass. I've 2,300 dubs still hanging around after PR (and all are free - thanks WG!). The next dockyard ship isn't interesting to me. If I spend $2 it'll be the most I've spent in two years. The additional goodies (meh on the ship) seem very much worth it. 

I'll probably flip a coin Tuesday before I lay me down to sleep...

[TDRB]
Members
7,355 posts
16,186 battles

A bad weekend for Ops. Had several losses that easily could have been victories.

I should finish the Japanese cruiser event tomorrow. I thought I would have it finished before the weekend. Of all things, a nosebleed kept me down for a week. Complications from taking warfarin made it far more serious than it should have been. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to finish it.

I had a few very good coops rather than a string of "about average" battles.

My son was able to join me in battle. His job has kept him too busy over the last several months. This made it an excellent weekend.

• Cool 2

[ERK]
Members
958 posts
14,952 battles

Took a break and played a couple super long sessions of Cyberpunk 2077, and some Shootas, Blood and Teef! 

[4HIM]
Members
3,708 posts
22,102 battles

Finished the Japanese cruiser event. Finally purchased the Alsace and worked a bit on captain retraining. Unlocked the Drake. Came close to getting enough ECXP to boost another captain to elite. Took Omono out for a spin and had an okay game. Close enough to unlocking Grozvoi that I should have that done before next weekend. 

• Cool 1

[NG-NL]
Members
7,138 posts
12,568 battles

Scooped up fair number of wins in most all my ships except Nakhimov, which has become my go-to if just want to farm damage.

Saw a few Detonations, mostly on DDs. A low-HP DD got somewhat cheesed about getting Detonated by a CV. I also lucked out.

shot-22.12.04_17.37.45-0944.jpg

[TDRB]
Members
7,355 posts
16,186 battles
13 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Derped my merry way through a stream on Saturday. Dabbled on Sunday. Did my dailies; not much else.

My older laptop, not quite fit for both playing and streaming at the same time in anything resembling good quality, became the subject of an interesting experiment. I downloaded an emulator for the Commodore 64  microcomputer, and am re-educating myself in the ins and outs of that system. My downfall was to know too many people who could supply me with games, and I failed to follow the alternative path, which was programming.

Do you have Jumpman Junior? That was one of my favorite games on the Commodore64. Thinking about it the Commodore64 should be great for this game, after all, it is a Commodore.:Smile_facepalm:

[ARGSY]
Members
31,058 posts
29,279 battles
6 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

Do you have Jumpman Junior? That was one of my favorite games on the Commodore64. Thinking about it the Commodore64 should be great for this game, after all, it is a Commodore.:Smile_facepalm:

I am intending to stay well away from C64 games this time around. There MIGHT be one that I hunt up for old times' sake.

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
20,698 posts
22,641 battles

Played enough WOWs to earn some daily containers.
Skipped the Naval Battles for this weekend.

Spent other portions of my time trekking online amongst the stars. 
It was a "crafting weekend" and I upgraded some items of equipment, completed some "reputation projects" for New Romulus, and tested some ship build configurations.

Interesting bit of drama in my STO adventures. 
I have four characters, one Klingon (the original and primary character), two human TOS characters and one Romulan character.
By using the shared account "Bank", I was raising tribbles with the Romulan character and selling the tribbles on the exchange and using two Cannibal Tribbles to harvest tribble carcases.
These would then be placed into the shared bank for the Klingon character to retrieve.  Turning-in 10 tribble carcases allowed one Klingon to claim a tribble bounty.
It seems the STO game either "got wise" to my activity or simply rolled the dice of possible game-programming outcomes. 
Anyway, I assigned a Very Rare Purple Quality Duty Officer to turn-in the tribbles and claim the bounty.
Later, I was notified that the Duty Officer mission was finished and that my Duty Officer had been accused of raising tribbles to cheat the bounty system and was being detained by Klingon Command.
That Duty Officer was removed from my ship's personnel roster by the game.  :cap_wander_2:
Well, I didn't see that coming.  :cap_wander: 
Seriously, I didn't.  :cap_hmm:
Now I've got to find a replacement.  :cap_yes:

Posted in some forum topics.

Watched various episodes of the television series "Peaky Blinders" out of the corner of my eye, because my Wife was watching it.

Weekends are too short.  :cap_tea:

[ARGSY]
Members
31,058 posts
29,279 battles
Just now, Wolfswetpaws said:

I was raising tribbles with the Romulan character and selling the tribbles on the exchange and using two Cannibal Tribbles to harvest tribble carcases.
These would then be placed into the shared bank for the Klingon character to retrieve.  Turning-in 10 tribble carcases allowed one Klingon to claim a tribble bounty.

You heartless beast! :cap_haloween:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwG6MO92xtI

[WPORT]
Members
20,698 posts
22,641 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:
3 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I was raising tribbles with the Romulan character and selling the tribbles on the exchange and using two Cannibal Tribbles to harvest tribble carcases.

:Smile_teethhappy:1148384189_Thanks_WorldofWarships_trophy-icon_03-23-2022_.jpg.7811578e0bb66d45bc9d3f8c75b8dab6.jpg

[HOP4S]
Members
6,989 posts
35,401 battles

Played daily's.  No NB's at all.  Played' RO's a bit...  Played Golf Friday in a short sleeve shirt and it was too cold to shoot Saturday !  Couldn't feel my finger !  40 degree change sucks.....  And, we averaged winds of 30 mph and had gusts of 50 mph on Friday - now that, was fun !!!  

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
20,698 posts
22,641 battles
2 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

Played daily's.  No NB's at all.  Played' RO's a bit...  Played Golf Friday in a short sleeve shirt and it was too cold to shoot Saturday !  Couldn't feel my finger !  40 degree change sucks.....  And, we averaged winds of 30 mph and had gusts of 50 mph on Friday - now that, was fun !!!  

I'm surprised the golf ball didn't catch the wind and soar back into your face.  :-)

[HOP4S]
Members
6,989 posts
35,401 battles
51 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I'm surprised the golf ball didn't catch the wind and soar back into your face.  :-)

I drove a 320 yard par 4 and I play one handed (mostly with specialty clubs I had built for my handicap !) with a 50 mph wind behind me.....  We were playing up to +3 clubs over distance the other way.  Putting was "interesting...."

[SALVO]
Members
16,442 posts
10,183 battles
5 hours ago, kgh52 said:

Thinking about it the Commodore64 should be great for this game, after all, it is a Commodore.:Smile_facepalm:

Original Sid Meier's Pirates! for C64 was probably the game that made me a hardcore gamer... such a great game!

19 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

My downfall was to know too many people who could supply me with games, and I failed to follow the alternative path, which was programming.

You need to find a pal and play Beach Head 2 and the Spy vs Spy games...  oh, and Epic's Summer Games and Winter Games...  gosh, there's so many... 

[ARGSY]
Members
31,058 posts
29,279 battles
9 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Original Sid Meier's Pirates! for C64 was probably the game that made me a hardcore gamer... such a great game!

You need to find a pal and play Beach Head 2 and the Spy vs Spy games...  oh, and Epic's Summer Games and Winter Games...  gosh, there's so many... 

Get thee behind me, Satan! :Smile_veryhappy:

(Lead us not into temptation, deliver us from evil and all that. NO NO NO. NO C64 GAMES.)

• Funny 1

[ERK]
Members
958 posts
14,952 battles
19 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Grab yourself the re-release of the "Commodore 64 Exposed" book, it had stuff in there I didn't ever even get to scratch back in the day.

[ARGSY]
Members
31,058 posts
29,279 battles
14 minutes ago, Superczar said:

Grab yourself the re-release of the "Commodore 64 Exposed" book, it had stuff in there I didn't ever even get to scratch back in the day.

I've found quite a few interesting resources via the Wayback Machine, e.g. Mapping the C64 and C64C, Commodore's own C64 Programmers Reference Guide, and "Compute's Programming the Commodore 64, the Definitive Guide" (revised edition), plus Butterfield's book on machine code for the 64.

I haven't seen C64 Exposed, but the others are a real eye-opener for sure. 

[WPORT]
Members
20,698 posts
22,641 battles
6 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

I drove a 320 yard par 4 and I play one handed (mostly with specialty clubs I had built for my handicap !) with a 50 mph wind behind me.....  We were playing up to +3 clubs over distance the other way.  Putting was "interesting...."

:cap_like:

[WPORT]
Members
20,698 posts
22,641 battles
6 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Agreed.  (Though, my version is for a PC using Windows/DOS.)
I still have the game and the original map that came with it.  I learned a lot about the Caribbean from that game.  :-)
image_2022-12-05_202925611.thumb.png.0f3a071533abb9e56a65034819e83f09.png

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
20,698 posts
22,641 battles
Spoiler
11 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Played enough WOWs to earn some daily containers.
Skipped the Naval Battles for this weekend.

Spent other portions of my time trekking online amongst the stars. 
It was a "crafting weekend" and I upgraded some items of equipment, completed some "reputation projects" for New Romulus, and tested some ship build configurations.

Interesting bit of drama in my STO adventures. 
I have four characters, one Klingon (the original and primary character), two human TOS characters and one Romulan character.
By using the shared account "Bank", I was raising tribbles with the Romulan character and selling the tribbles on the exchange and using two Cannibal Tribbles to harvest tribble carcases.
It seems the STO game either "got wise" to my activity or simply rolled the dice of possible game-programming outcomes. 
Anyway, I assigned a Very Rare Purple Quality Duty Officer to turn-in the tribbles and claim the bounty.
Later, I was notified that the Duty Officer mission was finished and that my Duty Officer had been accused of raising tribbles to cheat the bounty system and was being detained by Klingon Command.
That Duty Officer was removed from my ship's personnel roster by the game.  :cap_wander_2:
Well, I didn't see that coming.  :cap_wander: 
Seriously, I didn't.  :cap_hmm:
Now I've got to find a replacement.  :cap_yes:

Posted in some forum topics.

Watched various episodes of the television series "Peaky Blinders" out of the corner of my eye, because my Wife was watching it.

Weekends are too short.  :cap_tea:

11 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I other news, I figured out where my errant Duty Officer went. 
Looks like "Command" returned them to my crew roster and gave orders that they be "Confined to Quarters" for a few days.

Spoiler

851513131_KarakisconfinedtoQuartersafterbeingaccusedofcheatingontribblecarcasbountydutyassignment_12-05-2022_.thumb.jpg.38a0d1de7bf9406f70726696ed14b689.jpg

I'm breathing a sigh of relief that I don't have to replace them.  :-)

[WPORT]
Members
20,698 posts
22,641 battles
6 hours ago, ArIskandir said:
12 hours ago, kgh52 said:

Thinking about it the Commodore64 should be great for this game, after all, it is a Commodore.:Smile_facepalm:

On 12/4/2022 at 7:15 PM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

My downfall was to know too many people who could supply me with games, and I failed to follow the alternative path, which was programming.

5 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Get thee behind me, Satan! :Smile_veryhappy:

(Lead us not into temptation, deliver us from evil and all that. NO NO NO. NO C64 GAMES.)

image_2022-12-05_203700223.thumb.png.7daddb7d0f61a430f1d7e4ca0494763e.png

[4HIM]
Members
3,708 posts
22,102 battles
5 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

the Wayback Machine,

image.png.278456048f3bd38675c03112a39d173b.png

• Cool 2

[WPORT]
Members
20,698 posts
22,641 battles
2 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

image.png.278456048f3bd38675c03112a39d173b.png

"That's right, Sherman.  I solved the 1.21 gigawatts problem before it was even invented and put into a movie script."
"Gosh Mister Peabody."

• Cool 1