You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Weekend OMG BLERGH I feel like death warmed up, November 11-13 2022.

14 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
31,080 posts
29,325 battles

Did my Naval Battles. At times dragged myself to it while slumped as far as my gaming chair would let me, because the virus with five letters and two digits was having its wicked way with me. Fortunately, I had the sense to choose powerful ships that could dish out even worse treatment to the bots than the virus was dishing out to me. Even more fortunately, WG chose to make this weekend's naval battles all about damage.

Spent half of Saturday morning rearranging a shed to shove several mobile chicken coops inside it, so the fluffy horrors (if you are a worm) will stay warm and comfy through the winter.  It was just as well, because the snow had already started by the time we got up in the morning. Fortunately, it had the sense to hold off its worst until after we were done securing our feathered friends into their snow quarters. 

• Cool 4
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 1

[AM-PM]
Members
325 posts
8,626 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Did my Naval Battles. At times dragged myself to it while slumped as far as my gaming chair would let me, because the virus with five letters and two digits was having its wicked way with me. Fortunately, I had the sense to choose powerful ships that could dish out even worse treatment to the bots than the virus was dishing out to me. Even more fortunately, WG chose to make this weekend's naval battles all about damage.

Spent half of Saturday morning rearranging a shed to shove several mobile chicken coops inside it, so the fluffy horrors (if you are a worm) will stay warm and comfy through the winter.  It was just as well, because the snow had already started by the time we got up in the morning. Fortunately, it had the sense to hold off its worst until after we were done securing our feathered friends into their snow quarters. 

Ha!  Just finished winterizing the coop today and now time for a little co-op.  Get well soon and good luck with the horrors!

• Cool 1

[NG-NL]
Members
7,138 posts
12,577 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Lemon-lime water each evening here, that's how I don't get sick from stupid-19.

Bought and outfitted the United States--and mostly presented an irresistible target as tended to get aggressive with positioning. Can't carry bad teams in it nor Nakhimov nor Malta. Also learned for the 2nd time that planes spend more time in AA if chasing target running away.

Also AA is super effective in groups of 3+. Given up on telling WG how to rework it to no-fly zone.

Still running both AKs, MO, Georgia, Ohio regularly for elite XP.

Might spend the free dubs (SC and monthly) on the upgraded battle pass for that T7 ship--after that may simply take a break, subs are frustrating.

[HOP4S]
Members
7,002 posts
35,454 battles

Well Lad, I hope for a speedy recovery and convalescence back to WoWs commenting form....

For me, Rendezvous this weekend and I decided to Score a friend of mine versus shoot against him......it was his turn to be the aggregate winner this time.  Which he was.  I was last year:  we take turns.......  Beautiful hand carved powder horn too.....I really don't need anymore and it was his turn (grumble, grumble, grumble...)

Other than that, I have started my next 300 game sample.  Did some daily's and really, played more Fallout 4 instead of WoWs.... 

[SALVO]
Members
16,461 posts
10,200 battles

Winter?... pffff, I still have to turn on the vent in the afternoons

Hope you get better squidhead. 

[TDRB]
Members
7,362 posts
16,186 battles

Game wise it was a nice weekend. Trying a dynamic crosshair & modified my minimap tonight. I followed the video on aiming someone posted. So far it is working out. I increase the maximum size of the minimap. I can see the target circle on the minimap much better. So far it seems to help.

Edited by kgh52

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,193 posts
15,767 battles

It sucks having the creeping crud. Something I learned once I retired was that I wasn't getting sick as often as I was when I spent 40+ hours working next to people that would drag themselves into work no matter how sick they were like it was a badge of honor.

[ERK]
Members
959 posts
14,992 battles

With NB being damage, was able to help out more effectively since I mainly play Coop lately, snagged 32 out of 40 points and I think our clan won the bracket. Did brawls on Saturday going 9-2 to get the 3x750k credits done. Mostly played Terraria though and some Shootas, Blood and Teef, and got my kitchen floor put back together in my new house.

Edited by Superczar

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts
8 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Spent half of Saturday morning rearranging a shed to shove several mobile chicken coops inside it, so the fluffy horrors (if you are a worm) will stay warm and comfy through the winter.

Ship me some of those eggs. Two years ago they were 75 cents a dozen but now they are $4.85 a dozen out here. It's weird that we used to be lower than the national average but now we're higher.

image.thumb.png.b6a54bf811f04deb2f0a59ac9988c0b4.png

Edited by Snargfargle

[WPORT]
Members
20,735 posts
22,656 battles
11 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Hope you feel better soon.

I participated in Naval Battles.

Spoiler

shot-22_11.13_11_24.46-0137.thumb.jpg.9ce392960f2cffabba9f9bd7351adbe3.jpg

shot-22_11.13_11_24.58-0938.thumb.jpg.7e80abf332f12190c6a2593dbe78392e.jpg

Posted in various forum topics.
Completed weekly and weekend Battle Pass missions, and completed the weekend Guadalcanal mission, and some common missions in the process.
Played in some Brawls.

Saw the first few episodes of WandaVision, because my Wife started watching it.  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9140560/

[CO-OP]
Members
3,737 posts
37,503 battles
3 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Ship me some of those eggs. Two years ago they were 75 cents a dozen but now they are $4.85 a dozen out here. It's weird that we used to be lower than the national average but now we're higher.

Egg prices have been altogether strange, the mass produced battery ones were a good dollar a dozen more expensive than the free range ones in the store until quite recently.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts
59 minutes ago, Efros said:

Egg prices have been altogether strange, the mass produced battery ones were a good dollar a dozen more expensive than the free range ones in the store until quite recently.

It's funny that you should say that. I was talking to the cashier at the grocery store recently about the high egg prices and she said that she'd bring in some of the eggs from her farm for $2.50 a dozen if I wanted any.

I suppose that I also could raise some chickens of my own if I wanted to. My sister does. She says that her chickens lay faster than she can give her eggs away but she lives a thousand miles from where i do. I only eat about a dozen eggs a month too.

A friend of mine up north of the river once raised laying quail. Those tiny eggs we tasty as all get out. Unfortunately, a weasel got into his quail pen and killed every single one of his quail overnight. He has some bantam chickens now that lay fairly small eggs though. I don't know why he likes little eggs but he does. He and his wife do catering, however, and I think that they use them for some of their dishes. The grandma of a girl I went to high school with raised laying geese. Those eggs were huge. They always tasted a bit different to me though, not altogether bad but you could tell they weren't chicken eggs.

Edited by Snargfargle

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,604 posts
16,531 battles
14 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Glad to hear you're still able to play and rearrange stuff!  I always know I'm sick when I'm unable to play games, so that's a promising sign~

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,312 posts
23,671 battles

Pretty good weekend played wide variety of tiers and ship types. Almost enough credits for the next super ship.