Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mordt

Scenario Creator

8 comments in this topic

[USWAR]
Members
314 posts
2,209 battles

Basically it would be Training Room, but with the ability to terraform, create objectives, and give commands to ships.

For example, you could take the ocean map, and place a couple islands where you want them.

Then you make a battle plan, by picking a start location, an end location, checkpoints, that sort of thing.

After all that, you could start placing ships wherever you want them, and then tell them to do whatever.

Like you could tell a red ship to 'Wait until player reaches Point A. Then move to Point B shooting at closest target'.

Or you could tell a green ship to 'Move to the first checkpoint. Then, go to end location, shooting at nearest red ship'.

I don't know if there would be rewards, or if there were, how they would be distributed.

Though one idea I had is that the person creating the scenario could give a certain amount of xp/credits per benchmark passed.

And then maybe a little extra something for dealing damage, etc.

No matter what, I think the rewards would have to be lower than regular ops.

I also think it would be smart to have a place to share scenarios, instead of just playing the ones you made yourself.

Thanks for reading, and I hope it makes sense.

Edited by Mordt
  • Thanks 1

[WPORT]
Members
20,804 posts
22,691 battles
4 minutes ago, Mordt said:

Thanks for reading, and I hope it makes sense.

:cap_like:

[TO32]
Wiki Editor
6,580 posts
17,536 battles

I’d love that, seems like it could be fun to use. But sadly I don’t see it ever happening. The amount of coding effort that would be required to implement it would be so cost prohibitive compared to the extremely small group of people that would use it. 

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
20,804 posts
22,691 battles
13 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

I’d love that, seems like it could be fun to use. But sadly I don’t see it ever happening. The amount of coding effort that would be required to implement it would be so cost prohibitive compared to the extremely small group of people that would use it. 

StarCraft and StarCraft-II had a map editor feature.  
Players could create and share their maps with other players.  I created a few simple ones, myself, "back in the day".  Mostly for personal use or with LAN gaming parties with friends.

Members
3,366 posts
3,065 battles
1 hour ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Probably not in this game. However, Silent Hunter 4 does have a mode where you can do exactly as @Mordt says.

[USWAR]
Members
314 posts
2,209 battles
2 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Missed that. Though even as I was typing I thought 'you know, someone else has already thought of this'.

2 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

I wouldn't think it would take that much coding, since it would basically be Training Room with modifications.

But yeah, you're probably right.

[BIM-5]
Members
173 posts
7,330 battles

All I want is the ability to place bots in the training room, that alone would be a huge improvement. Also have a 'wait' setting where the bot only starts moving when it detects you. This would improve player practice ability hugely, people would play better by having more realistic engagements in the training room then they do in coop where ships just rush in.

Sign in to follow this