You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Target_1

Stats viewing

29 comments in this topic

[-TSM-]
Members
98 posts
11,779 battles

so, obviously, we have many many stats snobs in the game... some of whom will go so far as to report you if your play stats or win rates don't measure up to their standards.

I am fully assuming my stats suck big time as I tend to be blessed with both bad luck and the ability to make poor decisions on the spur of the moment.  I am no star of the game and never will be.

But, it has my curiosity... I don't even know where to go to see my abysmal stats.  any help?

and yes, if it makes you feel better, you can laugh at my horribly weak gaming skills.

Funny thing though... last stats snob who spent significant time in game [edited] at me... died more quickly than I and scored lower on the battle than I... and it's not cuz I hide in back... I'm always knee deep in it as I have no patience aaand that's a good part of why I tend to not do so well.

Anyway... don't complain that some team member is too weak to be on your team cuz they have bad stats.  FFS, it's a game... 'sposed to be there to have fun... it's NOT life or death.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[ERK]
Members
959 posts
14,992 battles

If you only worry about what others think of your stats... you'll never enjoy the game...

If you only worry about your stats... you'll never enjoy the game...

If you only worry about Karma... you'll never enjoy the game...

I speak from experience, as I am guilty of all 3 and as you guessed it - I don't enjoy the game when I focus in any or all of those three things... 

• Cool 5

[NMKJT]
Members
4,286 posts
9,133 battles
25 minutes ago, Target_1 said:

I am fully assuming my stats suck big time as I tend to be blessed with both bad luck and the ability to make poor decisions on the spur of the moment.  I am no star of the game and never will be.

But, it has my curiosity... I don't even know where to go to see my abysmal stats.  any help?

and yes, if it makes you feel better, you can laugh at my horribly weak gaming skills.

You go here. If you're logged in, it will automatically bring you to a page that shows your stats. You can also switch them to private (hidden) if you like.

However, I should warn you. If you hide your stats, they can still be seen via certain methods right now. This is because the stat page we used to have is a different one than the one you see now, and although we can no longer use it, stat monitor apps can still see your stats there. So in-match, people can see how good/bad you are anyway.

[TDRB]
Members
7,362 posts
16,186 battles
26 minutes ago, Target_1 said:

so, obviously, we have many many stats snobs in the game... some of whom will go so far as to report you if your play stats or win rates don't measure up to their standards.

Funny thing though... last stats snob who spent significant time in game [edited] at me... died more quickly than I and scored lower on the battle than I... and it's not cuz I hide in back... I'm always knee deep in it as I have no patience aaand that's a good part of why I tend to not do so well.

Anyway... don't complain that some team member is too weak to be on your team cuz they have bad stats.  FFS, it's a game... 'sposed to be there to have fun... it's NOT life or death.

If you don't know you can access your stats or anyone's stats, unless they are hidden, by going to WoWS' home page and clicking on "player" or by using the WoWS Stats & Numbers website.

[-HUGS]
Members
973 posts
13,187 battles
29 minutes ago, Target_1 said:

There are several resources to choose from actually. 

My go-to website is https://na.wows-numbers.com/

[TDRB]
Members
7,362 posts
16,186 battles
6 minutes ago, Superczar said:

If you only worry about what others think of your stats... you'll never enjoy the game...

If you only worry about your stats... you'll never enjoy the game...

If you only worry about Karma... you'll never enjoy the game... 

I speak from experience, as I am guilty of all 3 and as you guessed it - I don't enjoy the game when I focus in any or all of those three things... 

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

[-TSM-]
Members
98 posts
11,779 battles

Thank you... seems I have a 48.6% win rate...  hell, I was pretty sure it'd be sub 20%... I guess I just concentrate on the negative too much

[SALVO]
Members
16,461 posts
10,200 battles
27 minutes ago, Target_1 said:

Here: https://na.wows-numbers.com/player/1031542977,Target_1/

My advice is forget about it, checking your stats is opening Pandora's Box ... 100% assured you'll enjoy the game more if you don't care about stats. 

[WPORT]
Members
20,736 posts
22,656 battles
17 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

100% assured you'll enjoy the game more if you don't care about stats. 

Agree.
Sometimes I get curious or want to check my progress with something in particular, but my stats are not going to make me lose sleep at night.  :-)

[WOLF1]
Members
258 posts
12,247 battles

Not long after I started playing I was reading the forums and the topic of stats came up.

I can't find the thread, but there was one comment that stuck with me, and I'm paraphrasing "I hide my stats because it drives the stats snobs crazy".

I play COOP exclusively, so my stats are irrelevant ... but I thought that was so funny I hid my stats.

You might want to consider doing the same thing @Target_1 :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[ARR0W]
Members
6,149 posts
32,910 battles
34 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Here: https://na.wows-numbers.com/player/1031542977,Target_1/

My advice is forget about it, checking your stats is opening Pandora's Box ... 100% assured you'll enjoy the game more if you don't care about stats. 

I had played for at least two years before I looked at my stats. My recollection is that I was between 47 and 48% WR on about 7K games. I then set out to improve, and have enjoyed the game much more since I got better in XP, damage, and survival. WR improvement followed. I use stats as a tool for self-assessment, but also to assess enemy team threats and friendly assets. 

15 minutes ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

Not long after I started playing I was reading the forums and the topic of stats came up.

I can't find the thread, but there was one comment that stuck with me, and I'm paraphrasing "I hide my stats because it drives the stats snobs crazy".

I play COOP exclusively, so my stats are irrelevant ... but I thought that was so funny I hid my stats.

You might want to consider doing the same thing @Target_1 :Smile_trollface:

I don’t know of anyone that it drives crazy, but I do know that I assume that hidden stats means a player who is unlikely to support effectively and probably not fruitful to support. 

I pretty much recognize by name  the few elite players with hidden profiles, since they are so rare, certainly less than 1%

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[TMS]
Members
4,208 posts
43,393 battles
22 minutes ago, Pugilistic said:

I had played for at least two years before I looked at my stats. My recollection is that I was between 47 and 48% WR on about 7K games. I then set out to improve, and have enjoyed the game much more since I got better in XP, damage, and survival. WR improvement followed. I use stats as a tool for self-assessment, but also to assess enemy team threats and friendly assets. 

I don’t know of anyone that it drives crazy, but I do know that I assume that hidden stats means a player who is unlikely to support effectively and probably not fruitful to support. 

I pretty much recognize by name  the few elite players with hidden profiles, since they are so rare, certainly less than 1%

+1

[CREDO]
Members
2,457 posts
9,220 battles
2 hours ago, Target_1 said:

..... I am fully assuming my stats suck big time as I tend to be blessed with both bad luck and the ability to make poor decisions on the spur of the moment.  I am no star of the game and never will be....

Hi Target,

I also am blessed with both bad luck, and the strange ability to make piss poor decisions on the fly.

Butt, I also have the weird capacity to end up in exactly the wrong place in virtually every battle... you want to know where ALL the super unicum players on the red team will be?? Just follow me.

Which flank will be the death zone? Which flank will melt first? Follow me, mates!!! This has the strange and bizarre effect of most battles i'm in, my team loses!! Why won't WG fix this?? :o) 

The unfortunate side effect of the aforementioned effect, is stats, particularly PR, takes a 50% nosedive every losing battle, and if you do the math (not me, i majored that and statistics, it's not usable in RL). Also if you are getting blatted by the super unicums early, you don't have much of a chance to do a lot of damage.

Do not be forlorn nor dismayed, on those all too rare games where the RNG is with you (PRAISE THE RNG!!) you can push back the bulk of the red team, along with their super unicum T12 star ships, and cap against all odds. In those situations it's best to chase them all the way into the corner, so as to put yourself clean out of the game via lousy positioning.

Remember, in the famous words of Lert, no game can't be lost by winning too hard!! (or something like that)

Spud

Edited by Spud_butt

Members
22 posts
3 hours ago, Target_1 said:

In Randoms, stats don't matter. In Brawls and Clan Battles? That's a different matter.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,788 posts

My stats, hidden, would show 51% WR in random. A few years ago, that was considered bad - now I read that's considered good. In my preferred 2 DD's with over 1800 sorties between them, I'm 59 & 56%.  There was a time when unicum meant 70% plus. I'm not sure that is still true.

I prefer to make no assumptions about my teammates in random - reduces the stress levels.

• Cool 1

[ARR0W]
Members
6,149 posts
32,910 battles
5 minutes ago, Subs_Blow_Goats said:

In Randoms, stats don't matter. In Brawls and Clan Battles? That's a different matter.

On the contrary, in Randoms I find 'weighted team WR in ships played' to be predictive starting at about a 4% difference. 

The things that make it less so are: 1) a division of elite players on one side without countervailing strength on the other. This overrules team WR more than anything else. 2) a strong CV strength disparity, but this is often not enough to sway the game 3) a lot of players with low numbers of battles in ships played- this makes the MMM data inaccurate, even though the weighting feature takes this into account. 

I havent thought about this analogy in depth, but I roughly picture it like ELO in chess for a B player: a 4% difference is 50ish ELO points - hes enough better than you for it to be statistically significant. At 7%, the difference is ~150 ELO points - you are pretty unlikely to win. At 10%, hes >300 ELO better - a win is like hitting an inside straight with one out. 

2 minutes ago, SKurj said:

i hide stats as well, if i play randoms at least it upsets mmm 

Just assume all hiddens are 45% WR or worse. If you have 2 more than the other team, youre pretty screwed unless you have the better side of some of the numbered points above. 

The hidden profile unicums are so rare that I tend to recall them by name. 

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts
2 minutes ago, Pugilistic said:

On the contrary, in Randoms I find 'weighted team WR in ships played' to be predictive starting at about a 4% difference. 

The things that make it less so are: 1) a division of elite players on one side without countervailing strength on the other. This overrules team WR more than anything else. 2) a strong CV strength disparity, but this is often not enough to sway the game 3) a lot of players with low numbers of battles in ships played- this makes the MMM data inaccurate, even though the weighting feature takes this into account. 

I havent thought about this analogy in depth, but I roughly picture it like ELO in chess for a B player: a 4% difference is 50ish ELO points - hes enough better than you for it to be statistically significant. At 7%, the difference is ~150 ELO points - you are pretty unlikely to win. At 10%, hes >300 ELO better - a win is like hitting an inside straight with one out. 

Just assume all hiddens are 45% WR or worse. If you have 2 more than the other team, youre pretty screwed unless you have the better side of some of the numbered points above. 

yes i've heard that many times... the mmm players assume you a baddie so they don't look to support or assist, as they doubt they will get any in return, which is fine.  if it breaks mmm and changes the way people play when there are hidden stats all the better!!  hell i know there are some clans in wot and likely even in ships that get triggered by it :)

• Cool 1

[ARR0W]
Members
6,149 posts
32,910 battles
7 minutes ago, SKurj said:

yes i've heard that many times... the mmm players assume you a baddie so they don't look to support or assist, as they doubt they will get any in return, which is fine.  if it breaks mmm and changes the way people play when there are hidden stats all the better!!  hell i know there are some clans in wot and likely even in ships that get triggered by it :)

This is saying that you are happy to be automatically disadvantaged. Interesting. 

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts
3 minutes ago, Pugilistic said:

This is saying that you are happy to be automatically disadvantaged. Interesting. 

of course it is, every player without mmm in your book is at a disadvantage, and as you use it, i am sure you know of the typical percentage of players using mmm.  Not sure if you can tell who is using it in wows but i am pretty sure you can in tanks.

it's the people that believe they need every advantage in random pickup games that i don't understand.  i've seen that line used by a few ppl over the years, and well some are in this thread.  They have called those who don't use mmm as foolish for not looking for every little piece of information about your opponent.

i play to chill and enjoy, winning is nice, but I am not going to be tabbing out or looking at a second screen in every match and analysing the data on all of the other players participating.

so yes perhaps vs some players using mmm i maybe at a disadvantage, though against the majority, lol i doubt it.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,916 posts
8,973 battles

4 hours ago, Target_1 said:

Your stats are more than your winrate. 

Someone else mentioned the wows numbers site. It's a bit more useful because does some tracking. I pulled yours. 
image.thumb.png.2335f72c258aebd21815fdda385528b0.png

All of your stats are improving. That's exactly what you want to see.

Anyone who shames you for your winrate is just sad and pathetic.

[NMKJT]
Members
4,286 posts
9,133 battles
42 minutes ago, SKurj said:

of course it is, every player without mmm in your book is at a disadvantage, and as you use it, i am sure you know of the typical percentage of players using mmm.  Not sure if you can tell who is using it in wows but i am pretty sure you can in tanks.

You can't tell who is using it in WoWs, at least not with every client for it out there. Some might broadcast themselves but if they do, I don't remember it.

it's the people that believe they need every advantage in random pickup games that i don't understand.  i've seen that line used by a few ppl over the years, and well some are in this thread.  They have called those who don't use mmm as foolish for not looking for every little piece of information about your opponent.

i play to chill and enjoy, winning is nice, but I am not going to be tabbing out or looking at a second screen in every match and analysing the data on all of the other players participating.

A long time ago when I first began using the earliest client for it (in 2015), I did it for that reason. But also because I was curious about what the teams were like. Nowadays, I just do it for the latter reason, and my own amusement. Using it for like 6-7 years, it no longer has any negative effect on me, that went away a long time ago.

so yes perhaps vs some players using mmm i maybe at a disadvantage, though against the majority, lol i doubt it. 

Most players in this game are so terrible that using MMM will just make them make different stupid decisions because they still can't pull off basic meta-match concepts like good positioning and aggression/map reading correctly. A tool is no good to you if you can't use it right.

Edited by MnemonScarlet
  • Cool 1

Members
22 posts
1 hour ago, Pugilistic said:

Nah. Random stats are trash. Normal dist with about a 15% sd.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts
5 hours ago, Target_1 said:

stats snobs

I'm such a snob about stats that I don't even let you plebes look at mine.  :cap_tea:

• Funny 1

Members
1,881 posts
7,191 battles

Statistics do matter in many ways. Bad stats will keep you out of good clans; bad stats show that your gameplay needs improving... Should stats be used to flame a player? No, but they do matter. Good players will always have good stats, even in random.There are many good players who never div in randoms that have real good stats. Blaming the MM and bad teams for bad stats is rubbish. Players with good stats have to deal with the same things. 

Edited by USMC2145
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1