Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sir_Davos_Seaworth

My six year mission to get the Montana comes to an end...

24 comments in this topic

Members
4,272 posts
5,302 battles

Yep. Finally.

BFknWdy.jpg

Yeah, I know, not the best Tier x bb, power creep, bla bla bla... When I searched for "world of warships" on youtube 6 years ago, it was this ship that I wanted to play for...I'm not made for USN BBs, so she will chill in port till snowflake season...I might run her twice a year. But she is mine. Thanks for putting up with me guys.

Edited by Sir_Davos_Seaworth
  • Cool 19
  • Thanks 3

[WOLFC]
Members
6,098 posts
17,227 battles
4 minutes ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Yeah, I know, not the best Tier x bb, power creep, bla bla bla…

46126B06-F1AC-471B-98BB-7BD93EEED1B8.thumb.jpeg.b94fbbd9337762e1783c86177b091b77.jpeg

Indeed. It’s pretty egregious in this case, though.

• Cool 1

[NATO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,639 posts
10,318 battles
13 minutes ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Yep. Finally.

BFknWdy.jpg

Yeah, I know, not the best Tier x bb, power creep, bla bla bla... When I searched for "world of warships" on youtube 6 years ago, it was this ship that I wanted to play for...I'm not made for USN BBs, so she will chill in port till snowflake season...I might run her twice a year. But she is mine. Thanks for putting up with me guys.

Congrats! It may not be the best T10 BB, but its far from one of the worst. Its very good at sending cruisers back to port and can get pretty devastating hits on other BB's once in the 12-15km range. I use mine when I need a lot of main gun hits combined with BB damage for events or missions.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
2,317 posts
35,829 battles
20 minutes ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Yep. Finally.

BFknWdy.jpg

Monty was my first T10 also.  Have over 1200 Coop battles in her.  She also helped get my first commander to 19 (max at the time) and to 21.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
2,632 posts
6,436 battles
23 minutes ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Yep. Finally.

BFknWdy.jpg

Grats.. always nice when you finally get something you were aiming at :)

[WPORT]
Members
20,728 posts
22,656 battles
24 minutes ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Yep. Finally.

BFknWdy.jpg

Congratulations.  :-)

Members
4,272 posts
5,302 battles

Thanks guys! :Smile_medal: She is my third Tier x bb, btw...I have ship ADD so that is how the Republic and St. V beat her into port...I just do better in other BBs for some reason...shell flight time maybe? 

Yeah, I would love an Ohio, as a native Buckeye, and for other reasons...but no way in all the Hells I'm hitting that "reset" button, lol.. 

[-AF-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,310 posts
16,072 battles

Congratulations OP!  

I only picked up Montana as my 13th tier ten in September and have sent her into battle only twice since with Optimus Prime commanding her.  As a commander I've had for quite a while who was already trained for Montana per some event (can't remember which), he had quite the wait in my reserve.   I was pretty thrilled to finally get this ship as well because 'Murica!  :Smile_Default:

• Haha 1

[SUB4]
Members
1,712 posts
13,114 battles
3 hours ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Yep. Finally.

BFknWdy.jpg

Congrats and may her shells always find their mark...but not on my ships!

• Funny 1

[CREDO]
Members
2,457 posts
9,211 battles
3 hours ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Yep. Finally.

I joined in Aug of 2016, and had zero patience to getting to the T10. In retrospect, would do it the slow way.

Congrats, have fun!!

[V_V_V]
Members
1,509 posts
20,771 battles
5 hours ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Yeah, I would love an Ohio, as a native Buckeye, and for other reasons...but no way in all the Hells I'm hitting that "reset" button, lol.. 

It was a good challenge to earn these two...

shot-22.11.12_14.16.50-0593.jpg

shot-22.11.12_14.17.03-0919.jpg

• Cool 2

Members
4,272 posts
5,302 battles
18 minutes ago, Charon2018 said:

It was a good challenge to earn these two...

That is USN awesomness by the ton! I hoping for some good black Friday deals for coal ships...I think I want a Salem next...

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts
6 hours ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Yep. Finally. She is mine.

In honor of your new ship, I took my old one out. She's still got it!

image.thumb.png.c7814ad8deab7def53c58656af13bedb.png

• Cool 1

[V_V_V]
Members
1,509 posts
20,771 battles
22 minutes ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

I think I want a Salem next...

Yep, fun ship.

shot-22.11.12_15.08.10-0606.jpg

• Cool 1

Members
4,272 posts
5,302 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

In honor of your new ship, I took my old one out. She's still got it!

Welp, looks like I have something to shoot for, pun intended....

1 hour ago, Charon2018 said:

Yep, fun ship.

I've got Jon Doe ready to go...Like I said, lets see what Black Friday brings me...

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,913 posts
8,973 battles
8 hours ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Yep. Finally.

BFknWdy.jpg

Congrats. 

The first and only premium I every wanted was Tirpitz. The day I finally had enough dubs to buy her was a special day for me. 

I hope you enjoy her.

[ARGSY]
Members
31,065 posts
29,291 battles
10 hours ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Thanks for putting up with me guys.

NP.

I sat on mine after unlocking it for an age. Then I discovered I should have unlocked it much sooner. 

Whatever the case, use it as often or as rarely as you will, congratulations on making your long-term cherished goal.

[WOLFC]
Members
6,098 posts
17,227 battles
11 hours ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

As someone from “that state up north,” I feel a little dirty and disgusted with myself every time I take mine out into battle. :Smile-_tongue:

But yet, those accurate, hard-hitting 457s lure me back every time… :Smile_veryhappy:

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 1

[WKY19]
Beta Testers
2,673 posts
19,273 battles

Congrats. Montana is a solid tier 10 BB. No, it doesn't have any huge strengths but it doesn't have any glaring weaknesses either. She's a solid all-rounder compared to some of the other BBs at tier 10.

• Cool 1

[KMS]
Members
133 posts
1,645 battles

Montana was also my first ever T10 ship (on EU server). She (and, ofc, NC and Iowa before her) took my John Doe to 21pts.

She's the one that helped me getting some of my greatest outcomes in this game: best ever damage (at that moment) both in randoms and ranked, most kills in a random battle (7, with no kill steal), wiping out a Smolensk in one salvo, killing another Montana in two salvos, my biggest one-salvo damage (82k to a Slava)... just to mention a few.

For her outstanding performance (at least from my p.o.v), I decided she earned in battle those 200db for her military permacamo, so now she looks good too.

(My next candidate for a permacamo would be my Halland)

Edited by Talharu

[ARPGT]
Members
1,266 posts
19,209 battles
On 11/12/2022 at 11:15 AM, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Yep. Finally.

BFknWdy.jpg

Not sure there is a “best” t10 anything. There are ships you play well/strengths match your playstyle. Monty is probably one of the best BBs simply because she isn’t the best at anything but really good at almost everything. Her survivability is really good especially with the legendary mod.  She’s hard to sink unless you insist on showing BBs your broadside or simply want push into dds before they get swept. She’s really tanky. 12 16s end a lot of problems although they are floaty at 18km +. Enjoy

Sign in to follow this