You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WoIven

WG what with the 2 cv 3 Subs per side games tonight.

25 comments in this topic

Members
150 posts
2,562 battles

Made me log off after three of them in a row. All the BB and many of the CA sat in the back afraid to move up. The dd had a heck of time trying to cap with Subs firing unguided and guided torps at them all the time the CV trying to sink the DD also. Neither side on in all three games had any fun. Is this really the direction you want your game to go? You have to start limiting the amount of subs and CV together in games. What made it even worse was the game where the Subs on both side thought it was funny and kept taunting the the teams. I had to log after that I was just about to get way to toxic. 

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 3

Beta Testers
149 posts
15,023 battles
4 minutes ago, BIueMoon said:

Made me log off after three of them in a row. All the BB and many of the CA sat in the back afraid to move up. The dd had a heck of time trying to cap with Subs firing unguided and guided torps at them all the time the CV trying to sink the DD also. Neither side on in all three games had any fun. Is this really the direction you want your game to go? You have to start limiting the amount of subs and CV together in games. What made it even worse was the game where the Subs on both side thought it was funny and kept taunting the the teams. I had to log after that I was just about to get way to toxic. 

I quit after 1 game like that yesterday. Surprised you made it through 3.

• Cool 3

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,379 posts
29,412 battles

@Ahskance....

It's not just me...

But seems to be the sentiment of the majority...

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

Members
1,881 posts
7,191 battles

Earlier tonight a streamer stopped streaming over the same thing. Not one of the big streamers though. 

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,178 posts
15,765 battles

They are the new thing and because more people than normally are playing them are it is functionally a mini queue dump. The problem is not that there are three subs but that their are two or three DD's which makes for far too many torpedoes.

Edited by BrushWolf
  • Cool 2
  • Meh 2

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,907 posts
8,973 battles
1 hour ago, BIueMoon said:

WG what with the 2 cv 3 Subs per side games tonight.

People are finding them fun to play. 

• Haha 1
  • Meh 7

Members
1,210 posts
1 hour ago, HyperFish said:

Well, children find it fun to play with matches, but 90% of the time they end up burning your house down. But, I guess we should start giving them matches over the fact that they find them fun.

Most players look at Subs as being nothing but turds in the pool. They spoil everyone's fun.

Edited by SteelClaw
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Boring 1

[MISRY]
Members
1,382 posts

These matches happen. But, the 2 random battles I was in had 1 sub and no CV each side. 

You may not like them, but Subs and CVs had huge roles in historical naval warfare and have a place in the game. 

• Boring 1

Members
1,881 posts
7,191 battles
52 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

These matches happen. But, the 2 random battles I was in had 1 sub and no CV each side. 

You may not like them, but Subs and CVs had huge roles in historical naval warfare and have a place in the game. 

Many disagree.

• Meh 1

[USCG]
Members
1,004 posts
31,478 battles

Had one this morning. I’m fine with one CV but as a DD driver the perma-spotting from two really isn’t appealing. 

Not a fan of subs in game. I really don’t think they fit as is. One per match is…acceptable but not liked.

Anywho, since WGing is in charge, the only recourse I have is to either not play or not pay. Since I love the game and have been here for over six years I chose the, “not pay” option. Normally I drop a few hundred at Christmas on Santa crates. Not this year…mostly because of subs. Just can’t see supporting a company that makes decisions I’m not in favor of. 

If you like subs, have fun I guess. In my opinion, I believe WGing has made a mistake with their release and on the financial side, they’ll see it in their spreadsheet. 

Edited by cgbosn4
Wording

[VIGIL]
Members
1,441 posts
2 hours ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

Oops. You mean arcade game where the firefighters “clear a ping” from the hull of a ship. 🤪

[MAPIA]
Members
551 posts
10,755 battles
6 hours ago, BIueMoon said:

Good to hear you voice out but the Fact is Nothing in this Forum can help us.

• Boring 1

[NYAAR]
[NYAAR]
Members
4,787 posts
20,722 battles
7 hours ago, BIueMoon said:

Would you please share with the class at what Tiers you were playing that saw Multi-Subs/CVs?

I was playing last night and saw  a single 1 CV and Sub per team battle, then later a 2 sub per team battle while playing at T8.

Edited by Lord_Slayer

[NG-NL]
Members
7,138 posts
12,568 battles
4 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

Would you please share with the class at what Tiers you were playing that saw Multi-Subs/CVs?

I was playing last night and saw  a single 1 CV and Sub per team battle, then later a 2 sub per team battle while playing at T8.

T5-7 can see this. When uptier queue dumps happen my Le Fantastique isn't safe either. More or less sticking to 9-10 since lower odds of seeing 2 subs per battle.

[SALVO]
Members
16,411 posts
10,178 battles
9 hours ago, BIueMoon said:

Made me log off after three of them in a row.

There may be a point to be made on limits for asymmetric interactions in a match. The point being raised by a CV main just reads like a protest made out of convenience... 

[-AGW-]
Members
753 posts
47,208 battles
7 hours ago, HyperFish said:

Well, the MINORITY of the players in that match (the sub players) are finding them fun to play and the SURFACE SHIP players are logging off.

Subs do not make the game FUN & ENGAGING for SURFACE SHIP players.

[CK5]
Members
1,932 posts
23,471 battles
2 hours ago, Dudefella said:

Oops. You mean arcade game where the firefighters “clear a ping” from the hull of a ship. 🤪

You touched on one of the two features that are a poor design and make subs anathema to other players:

Having to use a damage control consumable to clear pings (an impossible choice) and;

Guided torpedoes 

[SALVO]
Members
16,411 posts
10,178 battles
31 minutes ago, Musket22 said:

Well, the MINORITY of the players in that match (the sub players) are finding them fun to play and the SURFACE SHIP players are logging off.

As a surface ship player, I think I'm happy to swap 2 BBs for 2 Subs in any match. I find the heavy Battleship meta terribly boring and predictable, I'm all for any change that helps curb stomp 5-6 BBs per match. 

• Meh 1

[-AGW-]
Members
753 posts
47,208 battles
10 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

As a surface ship player, I think I'm happy to swap 2 BBs for 2 Subs in any match. I find the heavy Battleship meta terribly boring and predictable, I'm all for any change that helps curb stomp 5-6 BBs per match. 

At 5-6 BBs in a match, I would say that is a 'server dump'.

I would rather avoid visible BB salvos than suffer the abominable sub meta

[SALVO]
Members
16,411 posts
10,178 battles
1 minute ago, Musket22 said:

At 5-6 BBs in a match, I would say that is a 'server dump'.

I would rather avoid visible BB salvos than suffer the abominable sub meta

I find it much easier to deal with a Submarine on my face than with 3+ BBs having potential cross shots (sprinkle Overmatch for extra flavor) on me from every side if I move up. A matter of taste I guess.

[KRAK]
Members
1,946 posts
19,350 battles
1 hour ago, Reymu said:

T5-7 can see this. When uptier queue dumps happen my Le Fantastique isn't safe either. More or less sticking to 9-10 since lower odds of seeing 2 subs per battle.

Same thing in two games later afternoon yesterday playing T7 IJN DD. Two subs and CV in one game, then two CVs and one sub in another.

Lots of games with 4 DDs and one CV per side.

If a DD can swap out with a sub as far as MM team building rules go, then I think 3 subs and 1 DD per side will be commonplace pretty soon. This means 4 subs per game and no DDs are possible. I really think that CVs are a special case where no more than two per side are allowed by MM, but I don't think WG has a special limit on subs, and that 3-4 subs in place of DDs would be 'normal' game play after enough people start playing them.

Currently the tech tree pickings for subs are just a fraction of what the DD tech tree is, but that is all that is limiting them as far as #s encountered in matches.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,907 posts
8,973 battles
6 hours ago, Musket22 said:

In your opinion.

Members
1,881 posts
7,191 battles
42 minutes ago, HyperFish said:

In your opinion.

In a lot of players' opinions. We all know you're a die-hard Sub defender who believes Subs are fine, but they're not. Having to use DCP to remove the ping is just plain stupid, along with a bunch of other sub-machanics. They make the game not just a little but a lot less enjoyable. 

• Cool 2

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,907 posts
8,973 battles
2 hours ago, USMC2145 said:

We all know you're a die-hard Sub defender who believes Subs are fine, but they're not. 

In your opinion.

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
2,370 posts
14,181 battles
14 hours ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

History nor realism matter here. The issue is not history its the fact that both classes as they are implemented are incredibly unfun and frustrating to play against as any surface ship, the only thing that keeps either in check is the stupidity of the player behind them

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1